Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The topic of Abortion

T0X1Qu3
Love Me ~ Kiss Me

Member 2252

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 01:35 PM #1 of 39
The topic of Abortion

Ok, since in the Political Palace there is a thread on the South Dakota ban of abortion, I wanted to start a thread in the Quiet Place on the GFF opinions of abortion in general.

What is your opinion on abortions and when is it "okay" to have one?

Please discuss. I'm a little curious about this topic.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
" Your Absence has gone through me
Like thread through a needle
Everything I do is stiched with its color"
~W.S. Merwin

Last edited by T0X1Qu3; Mar 10, 2006 at 08:34 PM.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:38 PM #2 of 39
My coworker Erin got pregnant as the result of a rape 3 years ago. Abortion is OK there.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:33 PM #3 of 39
I would say only when it endangers the mother's life.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
grodiens
Pango

Member 620

Level 10.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:48 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:48 AM #4 of 39
Like Minion and Dopefish I think it would allowed in casa of rape or if the motherĀ“s life is in a dangerous situation, in another case the people need to assume their attitudes and think before having done.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:21 PM #5 of 39
I think abortion should be legal, but only up to a certain point. Although I am not one to say when life begins in a fetus, I think a good starting point would be when the heart begins to beat. It is simple to measure, and most people would agree soemthing with a beating heart is alive. Anytime before the heart start to beat, an abortion should be legal.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:39 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:39 PM #6 of 39
A lot of people who get abortions do so because they do not want to be reponsible for their own actions. The captain of the cheerleading team sleeps around, and then finds out, much to her dismay, that she is pregnant. Obviously, this would be terribly inconvenient for her, for not only would it put a huge damper on her perfect life, but her reputation will be ruined. Obviously, the only logical recourse is to get rid of the baby. Abortion clinic here she comes.

This is purely fiction, but in a more generalized perspective, this is what goes on in regards to abortion in America.

People act in a liscentious and unwise manner, and then try to not have to deal with the consequences.

Granted, there are SOME instances where an abortion could be considered "okay," such as rape babies, or children where the life of the mother is threatened... but this market is in short supply, and not reliable enough to depend on as an income source.
They encourage people to be sexually loose, so that the abortion clinics can make a killing (pun intended) off of these people.

Social engineering anyone?

This is why there are so many groups active in defending "a women's right to choose." Because they want a cut of the cash pie. I guarantee that abortion clinics pay some hefty dues to various groups to defend them.

Most amazing jew boots
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:04 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 08:04 PM #7 of 39
I think abortion is alright in the case of saving the mother's life, or if the mother was a rape victim.

Other than that, stick it out and have the baby adopted.

Also, making abortion illegal will not fix anything. In fact, I would think it would make things much worse.

Most amazing jew boots
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:16 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:16 PM #8 of 39
Originally Posted by Smoodle
I think abortion is alright in the case of saving the mother's life, or if the mother was a rape victim.

Other than that, stick it out and have the baby adopted.

Also, making abortion illegal will not fix anything. In fact, I would think it would make things much worse.
Unfortunately, you might be right.
The problem now is that society has become dependent upon abortion clinics, and it doesn't look like America is going to steer any farther from hedonism that it usually does.

However, I DO think that by making abortions illegal, it will significantly reduce the number of abortions performed. The catch is that it would just make them more dangerous to perform, since they will have to be done underground.
One would hope that by making it illegal, people would think twice about having regular sex... but this probably will not be the case.
Damn the coinsequences, they just want sex.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:30 PM #9 of 39
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
What's the difference between a child born from rape and a child born from unprotected sex?
Are you asking a joke or a serious question?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:36 PM #10 of 39
Then that requires some explanation on your part. Do you honestly need an explanation about the ethical, physical and emotional differences between consentual sexual intercourse and forced sexual intercourse?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:44 PM #11 of 39
You're right; "in all but the most extreme pro-lifeā„¢ viewpoint" a fetus is a fetus.

I'm glad, then, that we don't live in a world where everything is black and white.

Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:03 PM #12 of 39
I really only see abortion as "okay" if having the child would endanger the mother's life and in cases where a pregnant woman finds out that her baby has a horrible genetic disease or something. For example, if I were in the position to choose, I would never bring a child with something like Tay Sachs into the world. I believe that abortion is the lesser of two evils in a situation like that.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:30 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:30 AM #13 of 39
Actually, Yama, you have a good point, and one that I had been wondering about for a long time.
It is not actually an extreme view of pro-lifers to also try and protect the lives of those born of rape. It just is not very diplomatic enough to warrant any mention right now. The thing is, the common perception (of non-prolifers) of children is that they are a "burden," or "punishment," or other such words with negative connotations, not as living beings worthy of life, no matter how terrible their origins.
The reason that people usually allow concessions for rape is because the main argument for abortion is that a woman has a "right to choose," and if sex was forced upon her, she was not allowed to choose, but instead her rights were violated.
I suppose one could sum it up like: "She is to not be held responsible for crimes she did not commit."

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:38 PM #14 of 39
Here's one for you: what if a man was raped and the woman got pregnant because of it? Then whose choice would it be to abort the pregnancy?

There is legal precedence in this matter...I'm just too lazy to find it. All I know is a woman raped a man, got pregnant, and the courts forced an abortion. What do you make of the ethical and legal rights of the woman in that case? Abortion is a dangerous procedure and can sometimes put the mother in even more harm...do the ends justify the means in that scenario?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:47 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:47 AM #15 of 39
I find it awfully odd that the courts forced an abortion.
Was it at the behest of the victim?
(need more details)

How ya doing, buddy?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:49 PM #16 of 39
Originally Posted by t(-_-t)
I find it awfully odd that the courts forced an abortion.
Was it at the behest of the victim?
(need more details)
You're gonna make me look...grr.

Edit: for the moment, ignore what I said about court-ordered abortions. I seem to recall a case like that but can't find any info on Google or Wikipedia.

Last edited by Dopefish; Mar 7, 2006 at 11:57 PM.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:58 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:58 AM #17 of 39
Originally Posted by The Dopefish
You're gonna make me look...grr.

Edit: for the moment, ignore what I said about court-ordered abortions. I seem to recall a case like that but can't find any info on Google or Wikipedia.
Meh. Take your time. There is no hurry.
This is the quiet place. You can get back to me what I wake up.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:07 AM #18 of 39
Chances are slim I'll find it.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:35 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:35 PM #19 of 39
I've always been pro-choice because of some very good reasons.

Yes, there is the option to adopt but when the kid finds out he or she was adopted, imagine the mental anguish they could go through. "What was wrong with me" or something like that. Or in extreme cases "YOU'RE NOT MY PARENTS".

Also, the infamous "dumpster babies" where the mother never wanted the kid in the first place, where does it go? The dumpster.

T0X1Qu3
Love Me ~ Kiss Me

Member 2252

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:27 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:27 PM #20 of 39
Originally Posted by Slash
I've always been pro-choice because of some very good reasons.

Yes, there is the option to adopt but when the kid finds out he or she was adopted, imagine the mental anguish they could go through. "What was wrong with me" or something like that. Or in extreme cases "YOU'RE NOT MY PARENTS".

Also, the infamous "dumpster babies" where the mother never wanted the kid in the first place, where does it go? The dumpster.

so if abortions were illegal, do you think there would be more "dumpster babies"

How ya doing, buddy?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:30 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:30 AM #21 of 39
Originally Posted by T0X1Qu3
so if abortions were illegal, do you think there would be more "dumpster babies"

Aside from Underground abortions (cause you know it would happen) I'm sure there would be, not to mention more depressed kids that found out they were adopted.

T0X1Qu3
Love Me ~ Kiss Me

Member 2252

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:51 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:51 PM #22 of 39
Originally Posted by Slash
Aside from Underground abortions (cause you know it would happen) I'm sure there would be, not to mention more depressed kids that found out they were adopted.
i would rather an adopted child go through therapy to get through depression then have a mother decide to end its life before it even has a life

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:51 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 07:51 AM #23 of 39
i would rather an adopted child go through therapy to get through depression then have a mother decide to end its life before it even has a life
That's very profound.

The innate problem with the topic of abortion is the split issue between the two clans.
It is possible to be both pro-life and pro-choice. The problem is, as a result of an underlying problem of the argument, pro-choicers are viewed as babykillers and pro-lifers are viewed as wanting more gov't control. This is obviously not the case, but some fanatics (those DAMN fanatics) play it out as such.
I think that life is sacred and begins when the mother becomes aware of the baby because it is at that point that the Mother must make a decision about the baby if she's in a situation where a decision is warranted.
Adoption is always a better option, and I believe more should be done about making this option more viable and easier to deal with, while also focusing more on the largely ignored portion of this discussion that is foster care and the overwhelmingly large population of parentless children.
By making it illegal you run the risk of underground abortions, which has already been discussed. It should be an option for exceptions already discussed to get a medically safe procedure to abort the baby.
The government should never really be involved in governing such a personal experience as child birth. I've run into people that argue that the FDA already controls what we eat and medicate ourselves with, and as a gov't entity therefore have control over us. Still, very few gov't order such surgical proceedings (pending the court case decision that was brought up).
In any case, it should be the woman's choice, but major steps should be taken to educate any woman about her options. Some will always seek abortion, unfortunately, and to simply deny them that (especially in the exceptional cases) simply based on a supposed moral high ground is abhorrent and abominable.

If all this is too much, just watch the milk dance

FELIPE NO
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:47 AM #24 of 39
I guess, then, that you never masturbate. Are you against that as well? Or maybe sex without getting knocked up? You'd be "ending" the egg or sperm's life "before it even has a life."

I don't understand the logic of the pro-lifers. I really don't know what they base their opinions on, and they seem to be more or less an emotional reaction to a fetus.

I think it would be pretty easy for me to pull the switch on a parasite in my body. (Because thats what it is, you realize.)

I'll be damned if the government, a man, or anyone else tells me what to do with my body and my fetus. No one has the right to tell me how I deal with my own body. I am not harming you - why don't you just stay out of my business. I don't need someone to shove their unbased opinions in my face, telling me how I should think and what I should feel.

I'm a grown woman. I can do that pretty well.

Robo Jesus
Your Mechanical Messiah

Member 1543

Level 15.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:45 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 10:45 AM #25 of 39
Sass, most would say that an egg or sperm can never be a human life as it can never develop into a human on its own without it's counterpart. However, I think this best describes my personal feelings and thoughts on this subject.

edit; too many damn grammar errors.

"You can't win, Pilate. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."-Jesus

Last edited by Robo Jesus; Mar 8, 2006 at 02:18 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > The topic of Abortion