Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Problems with Winamp plugin

Leomane
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 3884

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:07 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 12:07 AM #1 of 8
Problems with Winamp plugin

Hello everyone as the title says I am having a really weird problem with a plugin, to be more specific I am having a problem with Caitsith2's Highly Advanced plugin for Winamp.

Lowdown: The plugin allows for the playback of GameBoy Advance sound archives (.gsf and .minigsf) through Winamp.

I have tried installing the plugin and ended up getting a crash, did a clean install of winamp and then installed the plugin still crashed. Long story short I have tried all of the crash issue suggestions located on the site with no success. I am wondering has anyone got this plugin to work? If not is there another plugin that does work?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bodomi
Perkele

Member 2202

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 02:26 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 09:26 AM #2 of 8
That's strange. The plugin works on my computer without any problems.
What version of winamp do you have? Also, does it crash when you start up winamp, or when you try to open gsf/minigsf file?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Leomane
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 3884

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:30 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 03:30 PM #3 of 8
Currently I am using Winamp v5.112, but I have tried it on previous versions dating back to Winamp v2.

It will not crash when I start Winamp only when I try to play one of the songs, as well loading the playlist / archive will work. After that it comes up with some configuration error. I can't remember the exact error sorry.

Of course I might be doing somethnig wrong in the setup. Do you think you could step me through how you set it up?

[edit] One other thing could you tell me where you got the plguing from, I got my from the main site (http://www.caitsith2.com/gsf/).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 03:46 PM #4 of 8
Have you tried moving the plugin file itself into the 'PLUGINS' folder of your Winamp program? You'll find that folder under Start > My Computer > (your main drive) > Program Files > Winamp

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Leomane

Member 3884

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:29 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 04:29 PM #5 of 8
I didn't think the plugins would work unless they were in the plugin folder, so yes I have tried that.

Uhh did you get it to work when the plugin was NOT in the folder?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bodomi
Perkele

Member 2202

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 07:24 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 02:24 PM #6 of 8
Ok, I don't know what could be the problem. I downloaded the plugin from that site as well. And I didn't have to do anything special with the plugin installer either. (I'm using winamp 5.094)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:33 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 12:33 PM #7 of 8
Originally Posted by Leomane
Uhh did you get it to work when the plugin was NOT in the folder?
No, I couldn't. It only works for me if the file is in the Winamp Plugins folder.

FELIPE NO
Leomane

Member 3884

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 12:19 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 11:19 PM #8 of 8
Hmm I think what I have here is an anomaly... maybe I'll try a re-install again and see if the problem comes back.

I'll re-post here if I still get the same problem. Thanks for your help everyone.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Leomane; Apr 6, 2006 at 11:02 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Problems with Winamp plugin