Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Castlevania Legends" - what the hell is this?

Dais
Are You The True Form of Darkness?

Member 12065

Level 5.43

Sep 2006

Old Nov 8, 2007, 06:06 PM Local time: Nov 8, 2007, 04:06 PM 1 #1 of 2
"Castlevania Legends" - what the hell is this?

a year or more ago (pretty sure it was more), I was trolling around on VGMC, looking for shiny things to catch my attention. While browsing someone's large collection of various fan/doujin stuff, I stumbled across what appeared to be - holy shit! - a Castlevania Adventure 2: Belmont's Revenge arrange album!

I put it into my queue, but at the time I had to leave (probably running low on space, like always), and when I came back...well, I couldn't find it. Anywhere. All I had was the knowledge that it was out there, somewhere. And I longed for it. I yearned.

And, about two or so months ago, I finally found it again.

At least, I think I found it. I found something that looks like it, but what it actually is has escaped me to this point.

"Castlevania Legends" (~35mb rar, Sendspace)

I keep trying to understand what the hell happened here. It's obvious these tracks are based on MIDIs (most are easy to find on VGMusic or at the Castlevania Dungeon), but they don't have a common creator. Strange naming errors result, such as "Passpied" being called "Road to Enemy" - which is what it's mistakenly labeled on VGMusic. "Chromatische Phantasie" is sublabeled as 'Battle with Dracula', but anyone who has played the game that far can tell you it's not.

Then, tacked on to the end of the CV2 tracks is the Castlevania Legends rendition of "Bloody Tears", followed by a 'bonus' appearance by "Battle of the Holy".

If that was it, I would be kind of weirded out, but I think I would be able to handle it.

But that's not it. Based on the text file, and the inclusion of box art pictures, someone at some point thought that this music was somehow related to Castlevania Legends. I mean, there's a text file that.....hell, I don't know what's going on here:

Code:
Recording Info
--------------

Title: Castlevania Legends
Composed by: Konami Sound Team
Copyright/Company: Konami (1997)
System: Game Boy
Encoding Format: LAME 3.90.3 - Variable Bitrate - Alt. Preset Standard - MP3
File Size: 35.8 MB
Release Date: May 23, 2004
Recorded by: Arc@Gamingforce Forums

Tracklist
---------

Castlevania Legends (25:05)

01 - A Deaf Tune (Stage Select)                                   1:14
02 - Road to Enemy                                                1:23
03 - Cloud Castle                                                 3:01
04 - Crystal Castle                                               3:05
05 - Ripe Seeds (Plant Castle)                                    1:50
06 - Rock Castle                                                  3:08
07 - Retribution to Their Sins (Boss Theme)                       2:23
08 - Arrival of the Dark Sovereign (Dracula's Castle)             1:19
09 - Chromatische Phantasie (Battle with Dracula)                 3:06
10 - Bloody Tears                                                 2:02
11 - BONUS - Battle of the Holy (from Castlevania Adventure)      2:34

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

<DAIS NOTE: bitrate notes removed for length>

P.S.
----

Someone previously did a music recording for this game, but in a high 320 CBR. Because of this, I decided to re-do it in VBR APS, which possibly might be a more mainstream bitrate.

Credit (for the track titles) goes to that mysterious someone who didn't include a note for his/her identity. :)

Regards,
Arc (Yggdrasil1999@hotmail.com)
what

what

what

someone, please. tell me what is going on. I want to delete this album (I have no ear to spare for MIDI work, unfortunately), but I can't until I figure out what the hell is up. Despite my frequent bouts of irrational behavior and attitudes, I am at heart a logical man, and I seek logic in the universe. This.....this disturbs me on levels I can't even begin to describe.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Nall
Robotic Operating Buddy

Member 24431

Level 13.42

Sep 2007

Old Nov 13, 2007, 08:22 PM #2 of 2
This is very confusing, and I wish I could give you a definite answer, but I'm at a lose. All signs point to this being a doujin album, since if it were really released in 1997 it would be called "Akumajou Dracula" rather than Castlevania (The Japanese series wouldn't adopt the "Castlevania" moniker until at least 2002). Could be a mis-translation, but I don't know. Castlevania Dungeon has no record of the album's existence, and I'm not really sure what game it's *actually* from; it doesn't seem to be from Castlevania Legends at all.

If Arc were still here, maybe he could tell us, since apparently he ripped it. If I find something out, I'll let you know, 'cause now I'm curious!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > "Castlevania Legends" - what the hell is this?