Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Comic Book Movies: Where are they heading?

Faust 72
Blue Fedora, Orange Socks!!

Member 1129

Level 7.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:57 PM #26 of 31
Let's not forget V For Vendetta. This movie has potential for a good comic book movie.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 08:47 PM #27 of 31
Originally Posted by Megalith
Also, contrary to popular opinion, Fantastic Four was an excellent film. The pacing was about perfect, and the way that their powers were unraveled bit by bit was genius.
That may be so, but I still absolutely hate how they more or less butchered Dr. Doom. What's cooler: a man that is given powers and becomes one of the most powerful forces for evil in the Marvel universe, or a man that MAKES himself one of the most powerful forces for evil in the Marvel universe?

That's what I thought.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:50 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 11:50 PM #28 of 31
I have not seen the Fantastic Four movie, but the one thing I'll never understand about the movie is why they would choose someone as gorgeous as Jessica Alba to turn invisible. I want to see Jessica damn it!!!!!

xman25

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:02 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:02 PM #29 of 31
I think the whole thing is going for the better. Movies like Sin City and X2 are good reasons to support this. I have to admit I never read the source material for any of these movies, but they seem to start with the introduction of the character than go off into some other (non-adjacent?) story arc. With X3 and Sin City's sequel set to come out this year, I hope they don't get bogged down with the problems that plauge many sequels (especially after X-Men has had two strong movies).

I was speaking idiomatically.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:12 AM #30 of 31
Originally Posted by Murdercrow
That may be so, but I still absolutely hate how they more or less butchered Dr. Doom. What's cooler: a man that is given powers and becomes one of the most powerful forces for evil in the Marvel universe, or a man that MAKES himself one of the most powerful forces for evil in the Marvel universe?
Well said. Also there was a lot more to Doom than the movie let on. Doom wasn't just some crazy metal guy - he was as much a master of science as he was magics and gypsy powers. His suit could do awesome stuff like fly and shoot energy - but Doom also had a fondness for magical staffs and medallions and shit.

And he's one wordy fucking bastard too. (Dr Doom should've just been played by Frank Langella)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lord Jaroh
It's all about being a Newbie

Member 2072

Level 13.42

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 01:32 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 01:32 AM #31 of 31
The voice to me wasn't DOOMspiring at all. I mean, the guy should talk like HE'S SPEAKING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! HE IS DOOM!

CURSE YOU RICHARDS!

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Comic Book Movies: Where are they heading?