Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Xenoblade Chronicles - The RPG you will IMPORT for the Wii

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:41 PM 3 #1 of 43
Xenoblade Chronicles - The RPG you will IMPORT for the Wii

First off, lets introduce you to the game. You're in for a spoiler-free introduction, believe it or not, all this below is told to you in the beginning as early as 30 mins to a hour. Spoiler'd here to keep the thread brief upon opening. So yeah 56k warning and all that.

Spoiler:

Developer: Monolith Soft
Publisher: Nintendo
Release: EU: 08-19-2011
This is introduced in the beginning. The worlds you're on is basically on these two titans. YES, you're friggin ants on these. The titan on the right is Bionis and he is your ether filled home. Almost like a typical landscape that we all know in human settings. However, you make a very long journey across each body part that are just massive in scale like this.

But don't worry, you'll have instant travel or warp points. Better yet you'll be rewarded in exp, ap, sp for finding every area. More on this later.

The story revolves around these bastards invading your homeland and pretty much murdering everyone on sight by consuming them. They're the Mechonis from the second Titan which is filled with machines and built as a machine opposed to Bionis being structurally rock sound. However, because of the metal machinery that comes from Mechonis, no weapon could hurt it besides the Monado. Monado is the fable sword of the Bionis and is composed of pure ether when unleashed. Kinda like your lightsaber. At the time of the invasion, only Dunban who's wielding the Monado could slaughter these things with it. The war was won but at a great cost. He couldn't use the Monado anymore since its power was too great for just anyone to wield it. That is... besides Shulk. Shulk however is young at the time and wasn't fit for battle on his own. He only liked to research it more to make it more user friendly and to see if he could find out more about the secret arts that were held inside of it.

But the war was far from over however. A year later, those bastards came down on the colony once more. Dunban couldn't recover enough in time before Shulk grabbed the Monado and with aid of Reyn and Fiora.

Here are a few examples of the battles early on with the known characters you have in your party. Obviously you'll have up to 3, and your two allies are UNFORTUNATELY AI controlled. I've a bitch of a time getting past this part. But if you've played a MMO or loved FFXII (unlike I) you'd probably have an easier time with this. There's also said strategy like Dragon Age where you use Reyn or Dunban as a tank where they draw attention of the enemy while Shulk or Fiora be of a supportive character.

First off, you will get tutorials early on to let you know the finer points of the battle system. I'll cover these with you.

You got enemies that are equal or higher in levels that can actually KO you if you're not equipped or careful enough. So you cannot really power through this game without trying really hard! (That is besides sidequests... more on that later.) And these enemies have color coded prompts in their name screens when you target them. Thankfully you don't engage them when you target them, this is extremely helpful in knowing which enemies there are in a group. You have a group of Junk Bunnias mixed in with Arm Bunnias. They look similar but not quite!

Black as in easy peasy, blue being a little less easy, slight gray is ok, yellow being somewhat challenging, RED means get the FUCK OUT. Thankfully these color codes reflect your actual set up which is nifty and neat. NOT your levels or the lack of or whatever. You can change around party members and equipment to make this even more manageable and the color codes will definitely reflect this. AS in don't be STUPID with your set ups. More on this later.

Monsters can be encountered just as you're walking about in the world. No separate screen for these, no harsh loading times! Most of them will NOT attack you if they're coded black. So you can bypass a lot of weaker enemies by just walking pass them. As in sneaking pass the higher level enemies, you can see their target of engagement, as in bugs, turtles, bats will attack you on hearing you approach while most of the rest will attack upon sight of you within a couple of seconds distance. Soundwave and Eye icons will represent in their name prompt as you target over them. And then there's ether enemies that will attack you if you released ether. These guys are a class of their own, they are just puffy little clouds that don't usually appear unless its raining. (Yes, this game got WEATHER. Unpredictable too.)

There's that "..."name"..." which meant that these enemies are part of a group and will attack you with their buddies. Beware of these in blue/yellow codes, they can still KO you if there's enough of them. Thankfully these are rare, usually you do not engage more than 3. However later on in the game in closer quarters you can engage up to however many you want! I had a lot of fun mopping up mobs this way. Usually weaker enemies do not engage until you do an area attack that hits them as well. Then you got a bigger party to bash! And as always you still got plenty of freedom to target which enemy you wish to focus on. You'll see an Aggro ring on a character that is being targeted by an enemy or two (indicated by arrows).

You also have Unique Monsters to deal with too. These guys are SPECHUL ok. They're usually with some kind of special title to their standard class name. IE you got Arm Bunnia, Iron Bunnia, Junk Bunnia, then you got Evil Rhangrot. It looks like any other Bunnia but a little bigger and have that special border around his name prompt. YOU MUST KILL THESE BASTARDS just so you can say "Oh you think you're special eh? LETS SEE HOW MUCH." They give you affinity coins so you could adopt others' latent skills.

When you engage the enemy, you have a Battle Start Affinity opportunity, which is pressing B to time with the circle on screen. This will cause your Tension to rise. Tension reflects the status of your character's motivation. I shit you not, the lowest can be slower in attacking to missing a lot of attacks. This will reflect on your character's face profile with a purple electrical looking aura lol. You can get an ally to cheer you up or you do to your ally the same. Highest form of tension is fire aura and you're doing a shit ton of crits along with less chances of missing. So make sure you get this close to the circle as possible! Mid battle opportunities is called Burst Affinity which will occur when a character is about to score a crit to raise tension and the party gauge.

The Party Gauge is separate in the very top left of the screen which is shown in 3 blocks. This gauge when full will allow you to do chain attacks. The only time that you can get your AI allies to cooperate on a combo of attacks. IE Break, Topple, Daze, and then Instant Death! Now, Burst Affinity will help raise this somewhat, encouraging, using arts with special effects and scoring/avoiding crits will raise this. Using one block will allow you to revive a character.

Now for Chain Attacks, everything just stops and opens up your full set of arts you can do. You do spend one art per round though, and your personal affinity with your allies increases the chances of higher amount of links (rounds) between you and allies. More on the personal aspect later.

The Monado have an ability that allows you to see the future attacks in something like 12 to 8 seconds. You can act on it by warning a nearby ally or doing an attack that will KO or put the enemy out of action (sleep) to break the vision tag or to actually change the future. Breaking tags (changing targets or subsiding/prolonging) the attack is pretty easy but changing the future part is pretty hard. Usually blue coded to red enemies have the warning abilities to trigger to KO you or hit you HARD enough for this to happen and hence usually at that point, to change the future is to absolutely alter the enemy's CoA is difficult to do.

The Monado also have special abilities for Shulk to utilize against Mechon mostly. Buster as in huge attack which Dunban has, Enchant is super useful to allow your allies to be able to HIT mechon with their pitty weapons and shield to protect your allies from one art from an enemy. You can use the Monado on non mechon enemies as well. There's more later on but I'll save these for your own discovery.

Now I just barely covered the Monado's abilites. Shulk and his allies has their own arts. Shulk has a minor healing art and Reyn has an art Wild Down which hits an enemy with topple (flip them down). As you can see in the battle screens above, you can have up to 8 besides the center. The center is usually the character's own unique ability. Shulk's obviously the Monado's, Reyn has the attraction of enemies to increase aggro on his own character (he's tank for this) and I forget Fiora's but yeah. One character later on can steal items, another character needs to "cool down", another character can send off elementals. ETC. So do not neglect the center when you are trying out new characters as a lead. Yes you can switch to Reyn and go all out if you want, you still auto attack when you are selecting your arts ya know. Just be sure to stand close to the enemy.

Now you also have flee option in the center (you switch by d-up or d-down, this DOES not work as you think it would. LOL, color codes are THERE FOR A REASON. Flee option meant to drop the engagement of the enemy as in backing out of the battle absolutely with your allies sheathing their weapons. The enemy however can STILL will engage you and will absolutely chase the fuck out of you. You just gotta run like hell. Thankfully there's good amount of distance that they'd cover with you before they go back to their respective areas you found them in. But its still a good amount of distance though. And worse they'll just go back to full health as you found them in. Thankfully so will you.

That's another great thing about this game, your HP will just slowly recover walking about. No need for healing/debuff/revival items thank god. However you can actually die by falling. Or lose hp depending on how far down you fell. Water is safe however. When you die/lose, you'll return to the last landmark you passed. HUGE difference between labeled named locations to a stone looking named marker. The image's pink dots are equivalent of those landmarks.

However you do have plenty of arts to latent skills (you and your allies have a skill tree that you gain with SP which you earn by finding areas and battling). You can set your allies' arts as a choice amount of focus on. One character can be mostly a healer/debuff support or you can tack on some attack arts instead. Most of the party has some kind of focus/debuff art that you can use instead of attack art. Its useful later on, you level these arts up with your AP.

There's spike attacks too, think of it like encounter a fiery enemy and it slowly burns your hp down by standing close by. Except besides Blaze, you got poison, elemental damage, ether withdrawal, the like. Thankfully you don't really encounter this til mid way into the game. And thankfully you get to exact the same shit back onto them too lmao.

Always have a tank, support, and a healer. But hey, when you get to the 7th character you got plenty of options to choose from. Nearly everyone have some kind of healing art to some kind of killer art if you level them up appropriately. Usually I was so overleveled that I didn't really follow this strategy til wayyy later into the game when I was getting KO'ed more often. Oh you don't get penalized for getting KO'ed btw. And also they all level up with you! At least as IRC.

You can equip Shulk and your allies the other characters' latent abilities which is extremely useful. IE Dunban has an latent skill that allows crazy amount of stat increases without wearing armor lmao. You can have Shulk and Reyn to adopt this skill with their Affinity coins which you gain per level and killing those unique monsters.

You can have these monsters be dropping chests with their noteworthy items that are useful for selling to trading for sidequests. They also drop their own soul ether gems and pieces of equipment too.

LOL yes, you got some alchemy in here too. At first village gem crafter has his machine for you to use. But after maybe a quarter way into the game, you'll have a mobile device that allows you to craft on the fly. So you got pure crystals that you actually mine from your own environments on your way through the game you'll see a pickaxe symbol hanging nearby a shiny rock like substance. This is where you mine for crystals that holds one to 4 useful abilities that you can equip to your own equipment. You can mine at least twice or thrice at each spot before the substance' luster dims. You gem craft these crystals into suitable gems that you can use for your equipment.

Now this part is where it can get tricky. In the image you see Shulk and Reyn as co-oping each other in the process. Each character has their own preference in crafting. Reyn (the Shooter) here has a preference for strong flame over medium and gentle flame. He has a higher capacity to create decent flame (adding power) while Shulk (the Engineer) has a decent capacity to keep it going strong. If you build their affinity (gayness for each other, more on this later), you can have more turns at crafting and longer periods of burn means better gems you'll cook. Here's a nice page for indepth info about gem crafting.

Now, there's 5 levels of gems. 1 as in the weakest, and 5 being the best you can get. Equipping a character with 8 level 5 Agility gems will make him the best crit/evade powerhouse character EVER. Obviously Agility really precedes MUCH in this game. OMG. There's unique equipment that are already set with gems but most often I'd prefer slotted equipment; their icons will show with a U or a S for a difference. No letter means they got shit to show for. A powerful weapon can have 3 open slots and every other piece of equipment got one slot. You have gear for head, chest, arms, legs, and feet. So hence 8 slots to allow gems to be put into. You have variety of gems to pick from, but most are restricted to weapon/armor types. Weapon can be attached with attack type of gems while the armor be attached with defense type obviously. You do have all purpose gems that can work on either type for extra buff/debuff reasons.

And YES, you can strip your own characters to their own naked selves. Hell you can buy swimwear and run around in the snow and not get frozen. XD Better yet, even the story scenes will still play out with them being naked!

And because of THAT, you got plenty of armor differences to appreciate in this game on each character. You got heavy, medium, light armor to choose from. Remember agility being important? You have weight attached to these equipment too and so heavy is obviously heavy. Its preferable to go light ether based anyway.

But lol, one character in particular has the most annoying hair that I still insist on equipping him with the Snow Cap just so his hair is appealing to look at. Ditto with others... actually you know what, I hate a lot of headgear. They all look so ridiculous on them than anything else. But yeah you can equip them in sets if you want to for matching appeal and have them look all kinds of coplaying as something. Right now I got Reyn and Dunban totally sporting a Native American look. Its hilarious that Reyn has a full feather tribal crown. Its awesome.

While you got another or two characters being all animalistic looking. No furry shit no, but more like Tarzan skimpy kind of outfits. xD Its pretty darn neat. I'll save some of that as surprises for you guys.

You also get gems and equipment as rewards from doing side quests and completing the pages of the Collectopedia. Yes you heard that right. Everywhere on the world are there these shiny orbs that you just run over and pick up automatically. On each area is a page worth of items you can register on that book. Fill up a row, you got a reward. Items range from types of fruits, veggies, flowers, parts, strange stuff, animals, and bugs.

Best kept secret is that these items are also suitable as gifts to give to your characters from another character. IE Shulk obviously love parts and Fiora can give him a Blue Chain part and his affinity (gayness) with Fiora will go up a bit. I have no idea how much in terms of points in each level of affinity but there are 5 levels. Yellowish hexagon :| Green square Blue circle Pink cloud Heart will show. Be careful though, some gifts will cause a negative heart (going down) lol.

Another way to raise affinity is battles, when you encourage/revive each other you'll raise two hearts. Burst Affinity (critical hit) will raise the two allies with you by 3 or 4 hearts. And then there's Hearts to Hearts everywhere you can do. It'll show up as a two hands icon shaped as a heart as you wander about and it'll show you which character and what level of affinity this location is for. Day/night also affect this too along with the story progress obviously. Example of one is below between Fiora and Shulk. This is your first Heart to Heart btw.

Another excellent way of raising affinity is accepting sidequests and completing them. Again these side quests are awesome for rewarding you SHIT TON of exp omg. Gold, exp, equipment, gems omg. And yes. There are fucking 450 of them. Before I was even halfway in the story, I managed to finish up to 300. OMG, I was so overleveled after 300 of them.
FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY side quests.

The menu for the sidequests was very efficient to shift through so no worries on staying on top of these. Better yet to even find them too, they show up as a exclamation marks; red as in current npc/important item, while white means to begin a dialog for the quest. On your map and on field too. Thank god too because the landscape can be too massive/convoluted to find them.

This is where this game really fucking shines for me. Doing all of those side quests not only raised enough affinity between Shulk and Reyn (for excellent gem crafting), and raised enough levels to powerhouse through most of the game, you also raised affinity with the townpeople you've helped.

Look at that. Every dot is a fucking named NPC in the game that you talk to. There's nonnamed npcs that give out random monster/challenge/collections quests while these special named npcs give you quests that are unique to their problems. You solve each npc problems and they talk more about other npcs and more quests will open up in relevant npcs. You'll be even more involved than you thought you were with these named npcs. They're all family, friends, lovers, coworkers, student/teacher, soldiers with one another. The depth they went into this was amazing! I'm just overly impressed and loved this aspect more than anything and did all of those side quests just to open up more of those npcs and to learn more about them.

Raising the affinity (up to 5 stars on the image) of the town in whole was excellent in rewards. You'll be able to TRADE with the named npcs for equipment, gems, items for the collectopedia. In fact its fucking vital for one particular page.

Now these named npcs have their own lives literally. They abide their own times of the day, most would go to bed at night ( change time on the fly!) and some would be patrolling or shopping or playing with their friends when you talk to them. They're NOT just casually standing around like most, which is why I find them amazing to interact with. The discovery of their locations/actions are a part of the fun too.

And yeah you see that Achievement? Your first friend!

FUCK YES. There's even something for achievement whores and completionists that would love!

God damn. I've been typing this for 5 fucking hours. God DAMN you guys. YOU MUST IMPORT THIS FUCKER. NOA isn't budgin' PERIOD.

Quote:
How can I play this game on my US Wii?

Main Wii Homebrew Tutorial page l Starting Page/For Dummies l NeoGAF Homebrew Thread l Joystiq's Article

Where can I order this for delivery to the US?

Zavvi £29.85 l GAME (Collectors Edition) £49.99 l GAME (Regular Edition) £37.99 l 365games £31.99 l ASDA £29.91

Is the Collectors Edition available to order from anywhere else/for cheaper?

Unfortunately, no. The Collectors Edition is exclusive to GAME.

What does the Collectors Edition include?

A copy of the game, a red Classic Controller Pro, and in some countries (including the UK, which all of the above order links are) 3 A1 sized posters electronically signed by the Tetsuya Takahashi. Large versions of the posters can be found below;

If I order this from a European country that does not speak English, will I be stuck playing the game in French/Spanish/Italian/German?

No. The game's voice acting will only be available in English and Japanese, whilst only subtitles will be available to encompass other European languages.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Philia; Oct 28, 2011 at 03:37 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:34 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2011, 11:34 PM #2 of 43
Skills and I both swear by this title, as well. Best rpg of the era.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:59 AM #3 of 43
Thank god someone posted. Thanks Deni. ^___^

I'm level 73, 182 hours in. OMFG. I've done 387 quests so far, and I'm just before that uh
Spoiler:
second Gadolt battle
the cut off, NPoR and etc. I'm just doing a lot of leveling and fishing for sidequests to move ahead before the NPoR.

My affinity between everyone is pretty good. I got all 5 communities all maxed out save one from one more star. Which is where I'm trying to finish up the sidequests but the monsters for those are kinda above my level so hence my grind a bit.

I also am trying to get all of the achievements done. I'm worried about that 366th day... I have no idea and no one on the boards yet even know how to trigger it properly. Its a time based thing. What I wanted to know if you have to be outside for this to trigger.

Oh also... the average time to beat Xenoblade seems to be somewhere in 70 hours. So don't take my gametime like for the time you MUST spend lol. But this game was meant to be my placeholder rpg til fucking Skyrim and what do you know, its a hellva RIDE so far!

Also I think I need to express this loudly.

YOU ONLY NEED A SD CARD TO PLAY THIS GAME PEOPLE. ITS THAT EASY.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Philia; Oct 25, 2011 at 01:05 AM.
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:20 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2011, 12:20 AM #4 of 43
this game looks awesome. i'm thinking about it now, but
a) region-fiddling is not something i have experience with and
b) i'm holding out some vague hope that Operation Rainfall actually works. If it does, i want to buy a local copy of the game to show support that way.

Most amazing jew boots
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:22 AM 1 #5 of 43
You obviously have missed this last bit before the quotes. ;_______; God damn it. IS IT REALLY TL;DR? :\

HERE. LET ME BOLD IT AND LINK IT.

NOA ISN'T BUDGIN' PERIOD.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Philia; Oct 25, 2011 at 01:27 AM.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:50 AM #6 of 43
I love using one character in particular. She was a blast to use as a lead. I won't say who as to keep this thread spoiler free. But she has a nifty art that pushes enemies back. And there's a trick that you can push enemies OFF of cliffs and automatically KO'ed them. xD

Really! You can like challenge extremely high level enemies from the distance and put them to sleep with her snooze art and then use her spear break to push them off of cliffs. The trick is obviously only restricted to ground enemies and those that are obviously vulnerable to sleep debuff. AND to be quick about dearming your party with the flee button after.

But earlier in the game, I discovered a nifty loophole. Naturally you cannot engage battles IN WATER but you still can target enemies that are in water or across bodies of water given the range of your arts.

There was this exclusive island with level 88 turtles that couldn't even swim across this small body of water, the beach nearby is your safe haven. If you attract this turtle and he tries to approach you, he just can't go across the deeper depths of water hence protecting you while you're on the beach nearby (the island is a big cheerio with water in the middle).

Naturally you need a character that got decent range arts and decent amount of tension to be hitting this enemy. Most of the time higher level enemies will resist most of your attacks BUT spike (poison/blaze) attacks can STILL count and a handful of attempts will get through. You just basically whittle his hp down in a very LONG drawn out battle lmao. One battle in particular took me 20 mins and still do now that I've leveled up 20 more levels but still under. But I still managed with a level 50 party against these level 80s turtles! That's a good method to get the achievement "Looking for Trouble" and "Beating the Odds" (Beating an enemy 5 levels and 10 levels ahead of yourself respectively.)

Anyway, she's absolutely awesome. Her main attack can be charged up and still attack decently with spike attacks that can count off more than normal attacks can in a long run. Trouble is though she definitely can gain aggro from enemies and can be KO'd since her hp/def isn't all that much. She's meant to be long range after all.

So I'm running around with her and Dunban and Reyn I'm kicking ass and taking names from enemies that are 5 levels ahead of me. O.O' I'm not even doing the trick at all, they're just all super powerful with the right set ups that I can target a few Yellow types and definitely live to tell about it.

OH YEAH before I forget. I noticed that some Unique Monsters drop art books which increases your arts' power and etc and that you spend ap on. So keep this in mind when you go hunting for those UMs.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:16 PM #7 of 43
I MUST PLAY MORE OF THIS GAME. I'm seriously only maybe an hour into it; at the first town. It's beautiful though, and I wish it was easier to get into. I haven't quite got a grip on all the mechanics yet, and I think that's the only thing holding me back.

How ya doing, buddy?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:30 PM #8 of 43
Believe me, I know. I thought the battle system was atrocious too. It was just simply too chaotic for me and I wasn't a fan of free wheeling AI. But if you did like I did, just stick it out and level up by doing those side quests you'll be ahead of the game and be able to finally do some mix and match with those characters' arts and abilities to help fine tune your preferences down in the battle.

I'll say the beginning battles are pretty hard because of what you start off with. But thankfully most enemies are pretty simple at this point and don't go crazy. Just focus on healing your party and stick with Shulk for minor healing back up and Monado's abilities. Just so you remember you are autobattling while you're selecting your arts. Think of Arts being an extra hit or special effect after every autohit.

Also, there's definitely something to be said about that Affinity levels between you and your buddies. :\ Reyn was cooperating very well when I finally got him to fucking love Shulk.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:36 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2011, 09:36 PM #9 of 43
I like how I'm only 30ish hours in and barely even fucking started. Everything about this game is amazing. Adore all the little nuances to the battle system. There's times when I see some of the vistas in this and go "is this even the Wii".

Dat music.

Crying shame about it's semi-difficulty to pick up from across the pond retailers, it's not helping those North Americans late to the party.

Most amazing jew boots
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:43 PM #10 of 43
Skills. This plot will blow your fucking socks off.

I like how I've played since I got it a month ago and I'm about to beat the game finally storywise. But nooo, I got a shit ton of stuff to do. There's a NG+ too btw.

I also wish to amend something. When I said you can push enemies off of cliffs, this act only restricts to ground enemies, I was wrong. You can cause topple on flying enemies and they'd still fall to their idiotic deaths too lmao. Granted if the area they're hovering over is a long way down from your party like say a ledge/cliff.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:35 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2011, 11:35 PM #11 of 43
I like the hints I've seen so far in relation to the story, but my completionism is almost as bad as yours is so I fear this will take me into next year before I finish it, even plopping away several hours a week on it.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2011, 06:44 AM #12 of 43
LOL You have no idea man.

A lot of losers from the GAF thread are actually burnt out 75% in after doing the first 300 sidequests and whined about how the game jumped the shark at that point too. Man, you only made me think about doing this thread because I knew there's at least some fuckers who CARE on this board to do some mad lovin' with this game at least. I'm such a SNOB. But that thread pisses me off to no end though.

What this game really needs is a bestiary though. I cannot check off if I've beaten this UM or not since some of them actually respawns. I only discovered about them about half way and probably missed a few in a couple of cut off areas.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:32 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2011, 06:32 AM #13 of 43
As far as I know, all UMs respawn. Some require you to be in a different zone before they do but I'm almost entirely certain that all regular UMs do reappear.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:04 AM #14 of 43
Wow. The odds of them reappearing DOES suck for me. Usually they're there the first time I've encountered them but never does later on.

Anyway thanks for pointing this out.

I've found a nifty spread sheet (light SPOILERS AHOY) that is useful in finding those darn skill books that some UMs would drop. Reserving this link here and now for later use.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&pli=1#gid=5

Most amazing jew boots
aerisangel
Carob Nut

Member 26245

Level 6.27

Nov 2007

Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:57 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2011, 10:57 AM #15 of 43
I have a noob question here for you, Ive never soft modded my wii but i really wanna play this and fatal frame 4. When you do it, it doesn't get rid of everything you've downloaded from the Nintendo store does it?

Sorry about the silly question! I just wanna make sure!

FELIPE NO

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:01 PM #16 of 43
Um no you don't need to do anything to your wii. You just need a SD card. There's a loophole when loading the SD card and kinda brute force it to read PAL games.

I recommend this link. http://gwht.wikidot.com/for-dummies or this one, http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/19/ho...ve-in-america/

Nothing's wrong with asking silly questions, I'd be very happy to help more people to import this wonderful game more than anything!

Quote:
What do I sacrifice by following any of these steps?
The only thing you sacrifice is your Wii's warranty (if it isn't expired already). You can still play all games, access all previously installed content, buy stuff off the shop and play games online.

Last edited by Philia; Oct 26, 2011 at 01:17 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:00 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2011, 08:00 PM #17 of 43
So I've recently abandoned a more complicated way of playing this for the method on joystiq, but when I go to play it on USB loader it tells me it is not a wii disc.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:20 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2011, 08:20 PM #18 of 43
The easiest method is probably Homebrew Channel--> GeckoOS --> boot from disc from within Gecko.

That's how I do it, I don't bother with any of the loading from a hard drive.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:51 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2011, 11:51 PM #19 of 43
I tried that. What do you have to set the gecko settings to? I got errors with force NTSC, force 60 and force 50.

And my mac doesn't even recognise it as a disc, so I think the game itself is fucked. Damnit. Gonna have to get a new copy and download a .iso in the meantime. >8(

Last edited by No. Hard Pass.; Oct 29, 2011 at 02:57 AM.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2011, 03:31 PM #20 of 43
If any consolation, the disc is double layered and my wii had trouble with it in a specific town (third one). It'd freeze and reboot the game consistently right as I load in. Only happens when there's a bunch of stuff loading at once aka available sidequests for picking from loads of people and it doesn't help that the town is built from ground and straight up. You got a huge vertical detailed setting than a flat area with redundant greenery.

SD had an idea to install it on a USB hard drive and thought it'd eliminate the problem. It didn't. It still occurs for the same reason and at the same spots. Thankfully, the loading times weren't as bad as playing from disc though. Its worth the install at least.

Oh yeah, I get bizarre graphical LINES POV? from enemies on occasion. Its hilarious.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:30 AM #21 of 43
LOL this game extra content is awesome. Keep in mind though that when you start a NG+, your trials in the achievements will be wiped clean. So this is why I'm going all OUT on my first playthrough. I didn't like the idea of battling 5k enemies all over again lmao. Or redoing 450 sidequests all over again too.

Anyway, I just wanna gush that my main is awesome. Her Spear Break and Starlight Kick pretty much topples most enemies. Its recommended for those 100+ UMs. I managed to slay that lv 108 rabbit earlier. GREAT stuff, got me all excited for Lv 114 Blizzard Behemoth, I consistently managed to get him down to 25% of his hp before I failed my topple chain enough. There's definitely room for improvement in gems and arts if I bothered.

But lol, I loved that fighting these silly UMs will definitely help me with the rest of the achievements. Other than that I got everything done, all UMs killed except those 3 left, all side quests done, max affinity, and that collectopedia too. What's left is just grinding for SP with lv100 mobs and kill some more mobs and etc etc.

I just didn't want this game to end! Of course again, I'm just passing time til friggin Skyrim. Thank god this game has so much content to keep me busy.

Oh yeah, I've beaten the game earlier and thought the ending was sweet. But great stuff. And lol, lv 99 chicks against the final boss lmao. GIRL POWER!

Last edited by Philia; Oct 30, 2011 at 01:04 AM.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:13 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2011, 11:13 AM #22 of 43
I tried that. What do you have to set the gecko settings to? I got errors with force NTSC, force 60 and force 50.

And my mac doesn't even recognise it as a disc, so I think the game itself is fucked. Damnit. Gonna have to get a new copy and download a .iso in the meantime. >8(
Had it on autodetect, actually.

What was the method you used to finally get it working. I got a text from you about it last night.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:31 PM #23 of 43
Anyway, I just wanna gush that my main is awesome. Her Spear Break and Starlight Kick pretty much topples most enemies. Its recommended for those 100+ UMs. I managed to slay that lv 108 rabbit earlier. GREAT stuff, got me all excited for Lv 114 Blizzard Behemoth, I consistently managed to get him down to 25% of his hp before I failed my topple chain enough. There's definitely room for improvement in gems and arts if I bothered.

But lol, I loved that fighting these silly UMs will definitely help me with the rest of the achievements. Other than that I got everything done, all UMs killed except those 3 left, all side quests done, max affinity, and that collectopedia too. What's left is just grinding for SP with lv100 mobs and kill some more mobs and etc etc.
I haven't been this amused by a block of nerd-text since my friend and I went through Final Fantasy Tactics together in high school.

FELIPE NO
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2011, 02:21 PM #24 of 43
Might as well call me a gaming nerd, I dunno if I should take that as a compliment or not.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2011, 02:57 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2011, 01:57 PM #25 of 43
Had it on autodetect, actually.

What was the method you used to finally get it working. I got a text from you about it last night.
Downloaded the .iso, returned my copy of xenoblade and am waiting for them to mail the replacement, so tossed the .iso on a usb stick and played it via configurable USB.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Xenoblade Chronicles - The RPG you will IMPORT for the Wii