Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Database PHP

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2008, 07:25 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 02:25 AM 1 #1 of 4
Database PHP

When I try to Google for anything, I get MySQL info, so let's give it a shot here.

I want (a guide to creating) a small searchable and sortable database with a password protected way to add new things. So let's say I log in, add some info (name x, year y, genre z) and at the frontpage I want the ability to sort by name, year and genre and search through the existing records. I also want to make it clickable, so it'll take you to a page with more info (kind of like the memberlist of GFF, which you can sort and search through and then go to a profile).

Can anyone point me in the right direction or is anyone willing to code it for me?

Thanks in advance.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2008, 08:26 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2008, 07:26 PM 1 #2 of 4
From my limited understanding of web architecture, a MySQL database is actually probably what you want, and you'll just use a PHP page to interface with it via SQL commands. A lot of web hosts support both MySQL and PHP, or if you actually have your own web server you can set them up yourself. A database frontend should be pretty simple to program, and I'm sure you can find a PHP login script with a couple minutes of searching.

My favorite site for web-related development is W3Schools Online Web Tutorials. They have tutorials for both SQL and PHP. MySQL.com also has a section for developing with PHP at MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 26.3 MySQL PHP API.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2008, 07:06 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2008, 12:06 PM 2 #3 of 4
MySQL qould be a good way to go with that. A lot of MySQL set ups also come with phpMyAdmin, which is a PHP web-based interface to a MySQL database and would provide a searchable, sortable way of accessing data.

[ phpMyAdmin ]

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2008, 05:52 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2008, 12:52 AM #4 of 4
MySQL qould be a good way to go with that. A lot of MySQL set ups also come with phpMyAdmin, which is a PHP web-based interface to a MySQL database and would provide a searchable, sortable way of accessing data.

[ phpMyAdmin ]
But the thing is, is that I want visitors to search through it.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Database PHP