Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon - doki doki jinpan flashlightan ikimasho!

MuppeTFuckeR
Chocobo

Member 4359

Level 9.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2008, 12:17 AM #1 of 16
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon - doki doki jinpan flashlightan ikimasho!

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon is a new Wii RPG developed by tri-Crescendo of Baten Kaitos & Eternal Sonata fame (published by Namco). In the game you star as a boy named Seto who's in search of answers to the mystery of what happened to all the world's population in a not to distant future Earth. In the ruins of the cities you explore you'll find spirits, demons and other creatures while you search for other people to keep you company. You'll also see clues such as writing and drawings on walls in the various facilities that will help you solve puzzles, and ultimately the puzzle of what really happened.

Official site JP - fragile.namco-ch.net (go to it just to hear the BGM)

Trailer 1 <--watch both
Trailer 2 <--watch both

And some pics..

Seto with axe, flashlight and strapped with his metal detector.

Another one of the main characters, Ren.

Crow, the amnesiac.

tp..

Inside a facilty.

Another character, Sai (it's a pig on her arm).

Young girl named Cho.

Item Merchant, trades junk.

HUD & Compass pic

HUD & Map pic

Another Ren pic

And lastly a ferris wheel.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by MuppeTFuckeR; Oct 26, 2008 at 01:44 PM.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2008, 12:47 AM #2 of 16
Oh man, finally some new screens from this game. I fell in love with the site's BGM awhile back, and could never find anything but the two teasers that didn't really show anything. Glad to see somebody else cares about this game.

I'd just like to see some combat videos, but the new promo is pretty cool in the meantime.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2008, 01:07 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2008, 11:07 PM #3 of 16
It looks like a bizzare combination of Silent Hill, the manga YKK, and Final Fantasy XII's set design if it were modern-day. My interest is piqued, but I'm gonna take a wait-and-see approach to this title for now.

Also, I gotta say that the character Seto I assumed was female until you said He, I guess Japan loves their effeminate male leads for some reason.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Dark Nation; Oct 3, 2008 at 01:12 AM.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 3, 2008, 01:07 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2008, 09:07 AM #4 of 16
Looking really pretty. I remember when the first (slightly unclear) screenshots of the game surfaced everyone thought it was a PS360 title.

I was pleased to see footage of this in the recent Nintendo conference Wii reel, kinda reminded me the project is still going.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

MuppeTFuckeR
Chocobo

Member 4359

Level 9.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2008, 01:17 AM #5 of 16
I'd just like to see some combat videos, but the new promo is pretty cool in the meantime.
Not a video but some info about the 4 different combat weapon systems.

First you should know that a lot of enemies will be invisible in weak light, the light of a flashlight is used to make them visible and weaken them.

1st is the rod system (wooden sticks, crowbar). This system can do quick, multiple strikes in a
row and if you press the A-button at the right time you can do a more powerful attack!

2nd is the hammer system (axe, hammer?). This system can do a powerful downward attack, you
can charge up the swing attack by holding down the A-button and still run around.

3rd is the spear system (laundry pole, long items). This system has a long reach and can also be
charged.

4th is the archery system (bow & arrow). A sighting cursor is displayed on screen and you release
the A-button to shoot. You can't use the bow & arrow and the flashlight at the same time.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by MuppeTFuckeR; Oct 7, 2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: more info, better pics
squaretex
OPTIMISM, Captain!

Member 1597

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2008, 01:23 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2008, 01:23 AM 1 #6 of 16
Quote:
go to it just to hear the BGM
Even better, I recorded it!

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
What INLAND EMPIRE taught me:

Spoiler:

"I STEAL YOUR FACE AND MAKE IT BIG AND FREAKY!!!!!!!!!!"
MuppeTFuckeR
Chocobo

Member 4359

Level 9.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2008, 05:44 AM #7 of 16
Also, I gotta say that the character Seto I assumed was female until you said He, I guess Japan loves their effeminate male leads for some reason.
They make up for it by making sure you know who's not the man though..

FELIPE NO
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2008, 11:06 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2008, 12:06 PM #8 of 16
I've been looking forward to this game, mostly because it seems to be the only Wii I've seen that pushes the system, graphically. The art is really nice as well. The music... reminds me of those lonely piano pieces in Shenmue; it certainly fits the world.

Gameplay-wise, it reminds me of Silent Hill and maybe RE4, but with more exploration. Should be nice.

How ya doing, buddy?

wenchwogg
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 31856

Level 2.50

Sep 2008

Old Oct 3, 2008, 02:58 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2008, 12:58 PM #9 of 16
This is the first I've heard of this game, surprisingly. Looks great! That makes two games (only two) that I'm slightly interested in for the Wii (Madworld being the other, if anyone is curious to know)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:42 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2008, 12:42 PM #10 of 16
Gameplay Demo Camcorder Footage from TGS

Gametrailers.com - Fragile - TGS 08: Hunting Gameplay (Cam)

Whoever is playing can't seem to string combos together...

There's nowhere I can't reach.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
MuppeTFuckeR
Chocobo

Member 4359

Level 9.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2008, 02:03 AM #11 of 16

you can download a new trailer with anime scenes in it here (unzip with 7zip) - http://cgi1.watch.impress.co.jp/cgib...081015/fra.lzh

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jan 19, 2009, 04:26 AM Local time: Jan 19, 2009, 12:26 PM #12 of 16
New 5 minute launch trailer is looking sweet.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2009, 01:04 PM Local time: May 31, 2009, 11:04 AM #13 of 16
It has been announced that Fragile WILL be coming to North America, via the publisher XSEED, who as you might know, is the other quirky Japanese RPG-esque publisher other then Atlus. It is slated to arrive "sometime this Winter".

Source:
IGN: Pre-E3 2009: Fragile Coming to America!

They have a mini-faq with the Development team, who (to my amusement) touch upon the "Japanese voices or GTFO" portion of fans.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2009, 09:09 PM #14 of 16
Fuck yeah.

I heard the game was short and pretty easy, but to be honest I look forward far more to the atmosphere of the game than challenge and length in this particular case. After all, the games industry seems to have given up on both of those quite some time ago.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dagobert
Chocobo

Member 25642

Level 10.44

Oct 2007

Old Jun 1, 2009, 02:52 AM #15 of 16
This is the first Wii game I'm actually looking forward to. I saw the trailer awhile ago and have been waiting for this to be released in North America.

Edit: Just heard the BG music of that site and it's pretty nice.

FELIPE NO
MuppeTFuckeR
Chocobo

Member 4359

Level 9.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2010, 06:37 PM #16 of 16
"Fragile Pre-Order Bonus
Grab the game, get a music CD. And dual-sided box art.
by Craig Harris

February 12, 2010 - Xseed has sweetened the pot for those looking to pick up a copy of its upcoming adventure, Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. The publisher has revealed that it will reward gamers who preorder the game with a soundtrack CD.

Called Moonlight Tracks, this preorder bonus is a selection of twelve tracks from the Wii game, including the opening and ending Japanese theme songs. Moonlight Tracks is a preorder bonus that will only be available at GameStop and EB Games.

The company also revealed that the box art for Fragile Dreams will have the US artwork on one side, and the Japanese art on the other.

Fragile Dreams will hit North American shelves in March."

- source - Fragile Pre-Order Bonus - Wii News at IGN

here's the two covers

Also here's the US trailer with the English voices (the original Japanese voice work is also selectable in the game)

YouTube Video

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by MuppeTFuckeR; Mar 2, 2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: added US trailer

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon - doki doki jinpan flashlightan ikimasho!