Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Unusual pet habits

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:28 AM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 09:58 AM #1 of 32
Unusual pet habits

Does your pet have a unique talent or habit? Or just act odd around certain things or people?

My cat the late Snowball had a phobia of clothes hangers, he used to go nuts if he saw one. My current cats, Cuddles sometimes attacks the pedals on my piano, and everytime Tubby eats food that he is not too fond of, he tries to bury it like it was crap in the litter box.

My ferret Talisman has a favorite stuffed cat that is known as 'her baby'. If you put the cat on floor and say "where's your baby Tallie?" and she will find the toy and drag it to one of her favorite spots, she wont do it to any other toy.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
riggermortis
Carob Nut

Member 3681

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 01:11 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 07:11 PM #2 of 32
My old cat used to fall asleep every time id play call of ktulu by metallica on guitar, dunno if that was coincidence though.

My old dog Bowie (he had 2 different coloured eyes, original i know ¬_¬) used to have a habit of stealing peoples seats when they stood up, but he'd sit in them actually like a human (back on backrest) and make this strange noise lol >_>

Another dog one of my room mates had would get their favourite teddy if you said "Where's your brain?" -_-

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 01:16 PM #3 of 32
My mourning dove wags his tail like a dog when he's really excited about getting more food or being let out of the cage for a bit.

Oh, and flies over to where I am and sings a softer version of their little song when he wants to go back in.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 01:20 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 02:50 PM #4 of 32
I have a firend who has a budgie, she used to live in a apartment that had a barking dog next door and now the budgie barks like a dog at random times.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 01:34 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 01:34 PM #5 of 32
My hamster use to go on the wheel and run in it as soon as we turned out the lights in my room. But as soon as we would turn them back on, he would stop again.

But he got fed up when we started turning the light on and off...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Star Man Aevum
DWN037

Member 1020

Level 8.68

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 03:01 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 01:01 PM #6 of 32
Twister the Cat is capable of kung fu and will do a backflip every once in while if she try to catch the cotton flying around outside.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Greeder
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2605

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 03:09 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 10:09 PM #7 of 32
Our family dog, named caesar, has a strange habit of freaking out if you give him a little slap on his nose when he's been bad.
He runs around as if he doesnt know where to go and then he lays down, I guess he tries to show his subordination (sp?).

Also he likes to attack the vacuum cleaners head (maybe not so unusual), funny to watch for maybe 5 minutes but after that it only becomes annoying :P

He's still a puppy though so we still have some training ahead

Most amazing jew boots
\o/
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 03:35 PM #8 of 32
My cat KeeKee is insane. She doesn't like too many people, but she's affectionate and talkative with me. (I raised her since she could fit in my palm. Yay for imprinting.)

I can point a finger at her quickly and go "YOU!" and she will do the cliched crab walk in my direction, all sideways and shit.

She recently discovered the glory that is catnip. She has a mouse ("Mousey") which she chases and throws and drools all over.

She'll randomly run around the house at extremely high speeds when she's happy, scaring the ever-living shit out of me.

She also has a treat protocol. When I drag out the treats, I say "TREAT?" really high pitched and she cries back, chirping. This apparently a marvel - eveyone who comes into the house tries to make her chirp for treats.

She also tries to eat her hard food with her paw like a human. She picks up it and puts it in her mouth. She also gets chicken and fish from my dinner table. ("Chickey") Roast beef slices make her INSANE (literally GROWLS AT ME when she has roast beef in her possession), so I avoid giving her it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 09:03 PM #9 of 32
My dog hates anything on wheels. Skateboards, scooters, bicylces, tricycles, although I'm not sure about unicycles. When I take him out on a walk and he sees a bicycle, he goes nuts and tries to chase it, which promptly rips my arm right out of my socket.

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:09 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 09:09 PM #10 of 32
My cat, Airies, REQUIRES a tray of cubes at least twice per day. My mom has some kind of weird addiction to ice cubes, and she puts a few in a glass and will eat them while she watched TV. She ended up giving Kitty one and now the cat is addicted as well. First time I've ever seen a human addiction passed on to an animal.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:27 AM #11 of 32
My old cat, Boxi--used to snore like a human. I mean she was loud. My mom and I were in the living room, and Boxi was asleep in the closet (another trick of hers--she could get into the closet). My mom asked what the noise was, and I told her....

Boxi would also sleep on top of the TV and when certain shows were on, she'd scratch at the screen--but only with certain characters. She didn't like MacGyver or Scooby-Doo.

She also liked playing 'Flashlight Tag." Seriously. If you picked up a flashlight, she'd get all happy and start looking for the spot of light.

Cabi, the cat I have now, will hang from my arm if I've been on the computer too long. She will wrap her front legs around my arm and hang on.

She likes to burrow under ANYTHING. Blankets, newpapers, clothes--whatever she can get herself under.

Cabi and Boxi both know(knew): "Ready for bed?" "Hungry?" "You want some food?" "Do you want fed?"

But Boxi understood: "Do you want some milk?"

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:31 AM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 11:31 PM #12 of 32
My iguana used to have some pretty unusual quirks... he was color-sensitive to a fault: you could really only wear shades of orange, red or yellow around him or he would flip out. White would provoke an attack. Black (when he was younger) would scare him, probably because of a predator association or something. He also was very fond of watching Matlock (yes, the TV show), and before you say I'm crazy, he would come in from sunbathing *like clockwork* at the time Matlock came on each day. And when the time changed -- and therefore the schedule on TV -- he would adjust himself to come in at the correct time . He would also chase my mom around the pool when he was in a breeding rut, and sometimes me as well. Damned male animals.

cento
Carob Nut

Member 14167

Level 4.31

Oct 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 02:37 AM #13 of 32
My cat Sam used to open the door on my refrigerator and take the food out of it at night. We had to put a Velcro strap on it to keep him out. He would also run around the house like crazy after using the litter box. He would do a Prince of Persia style wall run on the side of my couch. He ended up ruining that couch heh

My cat Renny would try to scratch at your temples if you picked her up and looked her in the eyes.

My cat Smokey would bite you if you were petting him and stopped (though I think that might be common)

My cat Socks used to take socks(duh) out of the laundry and run around the house with them.

My dog Sindy likes to eat grapes. She'll somehow get the skin off, leave the rest of the grape behind, and then come back a few minutes later to finish it. She's very possessive of my mom. If her boyfriend or I try to hug her, she starts barking. I guess I've owned a lot of pets over the years. Also, almost all of my pets have had a name beginning with an "S," all by sheer coincidence.

How ya doing, buddy?
Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder.
-Bender, Futurama
MageDie
Kaizoku ou!!!!!!!!

Member 13526

Level 2.00

Oct 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 04:35 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 10:35 AM #14 of 32
Animals are strange. My dog rescued a baby cat (he hates cats). The cat was about to be crushed by a car and he cgrabbed her and take her away from danger. I don't know why dogs bury bones, logically they should eat food not bury it. Maybe they think that they were planting a tree of food!!!

Most amazing jew boots
:afro:
Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:28 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 01:28 PM #15 of 32
Originally Posted by MageDie
I don't know why dogs bury bones, logically they should eat food not bury it. Maybe they think that they were planting a tree of food!!!
Although bones aren't food :P
I think they bury their bones to stash it, so noone else will take it from them. Like when humans dug down their gold.

FELIPE NO

Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:42 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 05:42 AM #16 of 32
My cat, Meru, learned how to operate the faucet in the bathroom. Apparentally she prefers the taste of fresh water to the stuff that sits in the bowl in my room. She never did learn to turn it off (or maybe she didn't feel like it). When the sink broke and we got new faucet handles, she couldn't run the water anymore.

The same cat also gives "kisses." I don't mean a little lick on the face, either; when you make a kissy sound to her, she'll ram her mouth onto yours like she's trying to passionately kiss you. It's very funny.

Her son, Apollo, is my guard cat. My bedroom is kind of the "cat lair" and when anyone other than me or my mom tries to get inside, he blocks the way, puffs up, and hisses. He'll even attack you if you piss him off enough.

Emeril (Meru's brother) is kind of "special." He ran away for several months a few years ago and came back with a cocked head and slight mental retardation. He sleeps by my head every night and snores very loudly sometimes, but the funny thing is that most nights he will knock my head off of my pillow so that he can sleep on it. He may be stupid, but he's figured out that a Tempur Pedic pillow makes for a very nice kitty mattress.

Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:43 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 08:13 AM #17 of 32
Originally Posted by Leknaat
My old cat, Boxi--used to snore like a human. I mean she was loud. My mom and I were in the living room, and Boxi was asleep in the closet (another trick of hers--she could get into the closet). My mom asked what the noise was, and I told her....
Yeah that remindes me, Snowball used to snore too! It would wake me up at the middle of the night and I would nudge him, and he would nudge back.. we where like a old married couple sometimes.

Most amazing jew boots
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:11 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 10:11 PM #18 of 32
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
She'll randomly run around the house at extremely high speeds when she's happy, scaring the ever-living shit out of me.
Whoa, my cat does the exact same thing. It freaks me out when she does it, 'cause when she's in a frisky/playful mood, it's best to steer clear in case she mistakes you for a toy... Some people's pets do some interesting things. I wonder if they're innate or whether they grow to doing it over time..? My pets have no strange habits. Well, they do to me, but after reading some comments here my pets seem completely normal.

fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:13 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 12:13 PM #19 of 32
My cockatiel used to imitate the phone ringing. Was awesome when it did it, cause my mum would come all the way downstairs to answer the phone in the kitchen thinking the one upstairs was disconnected. Im sure the bird smiled when she did that.

We had a Basset Hound called Arnold, and he was petrified of hoovers. When we got the hoover out he would jump up and bark really loud. He would leap onto the windowsill and balance there while the hoover was around. Was so funny.

We had a greyhound/saluki cross breed called Alfie too who we took to dog training cause it was a little unruly, and while we were there we obviously couldnt leave Arnold at home alone, so Arnold would try to get involved too. The best part was when they did this thing where all 20 dogs were lined up, and they placed 20 treats opposite them at the other end of the room. The dogs had to sit and wait to be told to go eat them, but someone pointed out that there was a Basset Hound munching em all. He walked along and chomped all 20.

Arnold also used to love it when I came home from school. He liked me the most out of everyone in the house. I would open the front door and he would come sliding down the hallway (it was a wooden floor so occasionally he would run on the spot for a few seconds which is always funny ) and knock me over and start licking me.

He also loved the Simpsons. We used to watch it every night at six, and if we werent watching it, but say, making dinner or something, he would sit in the living room and paw at the TV at exactly 18:00 and make whining noises. Also every time we laughed at a joke in it he would too! He would make a bark that sounded like a big fat man laughing. We filmed that once cause it was so unusual, if I find the video I will upload it.

Oh and also we were bobbing for apples once too in the kitchen in a massive bowl on the floor, when arnold came running in, dunked his head into the bucket, got an apple on his first try and then ran off and hid under the stairs. Was absolutely hilarious, but we couldnt play anymore cause the bowl was then full of slobber.

Oh and more recently we had a Jack Russel called Ellie and if you held a small piece of chicken in your hand she would leap up to head height until you gave to to her. Always funny to see small dogs leap really high!

Last edited by fiercedeity; Oct 22, 2006 at 07:49 AM.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:44 AM #20 of 32
Originally Posted by Chibi Neko
My ferret Talisman.
Pictures, PLEASE.

@fiercedeity, Arnold sounds like a lot of fun. One of my schoolmates from High School had a Basset too, and I met him once during lunch. His back was paralyzed, so the family would lift up his tail and he'd walk to his destination with just his front legs. He had a vehicle designed for him to walk by himself, but he didn't like it.

Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 08:16 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 09:46 AM #21 of 32
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
Pictures, PLEASE.
Sure! I am at work right now so I will need to upload them when I get home... I'll try to get a pic of her with 'her baby' with my digicam.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 08:53 AM #22 of 32
Yay! Ferrets are the awesome.

I used to have a black German Shepherd Dog. He used to sleep with two of his legs sticking straight up against the wall. I guess that's pretty unusual.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 09:05 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 10:35 AM #23 of 32
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
Yay! Ferrets are the awesome.

I used to have a black German Shepherd Dog. He used to sleep with two of his legs sticking straight up against the wall. I guess that's pretty unusual.
My cat the late Snowball would sort of do that too, I had a waterbed and he would roll over and hit the wall and get stuck. I would see this often when I walk in the room:

Or I would find him stuffed into any small box that he could find:

How ya doing, buddy?
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 09:34 AM #24 of 32
My one cat, Andy, sits by my door early in the morning and waits for me to get up. When I do, he walks to the bathroom because he knows that's where I'll be going first. He rubs against my legs when I'm trying to get ready for work/school, which usually means my pants get covered in cat hair. But he's such a sweetie, so I always forgive him.

He also loves ice cubes. My mom puts some in his water bowl pretty much daily and when he goes to get a drink he'll pick up a cube with his paw and toss it onto the floor.

Another one of my cats, Booger (don't ask about the name XD), will jump up and grab my hand with his paws if I'm standing above him and he wants pets. He's so smart!

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:53 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2006, 09:53 AM #25 of 32
One of my current cats (a flame-point siamese that adopted us, on the left in the picture), is a fixed male cat that for whatever reason humps legs. It's rather disturbing. Since he also is declawed, he goes and finds our other Siamese who is not declawed and 'asks' him to open the screen door when he wants outside.

They're conniving Siamese cats, like Lady and the Tramp. Except they're the more unusual pointed breeds .

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Unusual pet habits