Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: What mint do you like?
Peppermint 10 40.00%
Spearmint 7 28.00%
Wintergreen 7 28.00%
Other [I'm sure there are other hybrids of mint] 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Types of Mint.

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 06:17 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 05:17 PM #1 of 17
Types of Mint.

Whenever you see something that's mint flavored, a certain type of mint comes to [my] mind: Peppermint. So whenever it turns up to be some other type, like spearmint, it just screws with my head.

So, out of the types of mint (wintergreen included here because it's common in breath mints, candy and gum), which do you prefer? My preference is for Peppermint as far as ice cream goes, and wintergreen in my breath mints and gum. I really, really dislike spearmint, although I'll handle it in gum form if somebody gives it to me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 06:23 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 06:23 PM #2 of 17
Wintergreen & Spearmint muddle together in their tastes to me. I can't imagine how they taste to be honest. I don't eat candies of that kind often but I enjoy those two much more than, say, Peppermint.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 06:28 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 05:28 PM #3 of 17
I can't tell the difference between different types of mint. Mint is mint.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 06:38 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 06:38 PM #4 of 17
I haven't had anything minty in a while, as far as I recall, but I do remember that spearmint gum was remotely tasty. Therefore, I voted for spearmint, although I probably couldn't distinguish it from wintergreen. That's because I never actually tried to note which flavor was which.

And when I think of peppermint, I think of peppermint candy canes, which I'm not too fond of. The sweet candy canes are good, though! Peppermint ice cream is decent, too.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 06:50 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 07:50 AM #5 of 17
I too, can't tell the difference between the different types. A mint gives a cold soothing feeling to my throat and that's it. Speaking of mint related flavor though, I like chocolate mint.

I was speaking idiomatically.
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 06:53 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 03:53 PM #6 of 17
Wintergreen is the best for gum and candy, and peppermint for ice cream and such. I hate spearmint.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 07:33 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 05:33 PM #7 of 17
Originally Posted by christinajon
Wintergreen is the best for gum and candy, and peppermint for ice cream and such. I hate spearmint.

Quoted for truth. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I couln't agree with you more when it comes to mint.

FELIPE NO
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 07:52 PM #8 of 17
Peppermint is awesome when I have a stuffy nose. Make tea out of that sucker and just smelling it often clears up sinus congestion.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 04:31 PM #9 of 17
Aww, am I the only spearmint fan? I love it! Spearmint gum is great, but what I really like are spearmint snowballs.

I'd definately make one right now if I wasn't already cold.

Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 04:37 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 10:37 PM #10 of 17
Spearmint is my favourite, I'll buy spearmint polos, gum and toothpaste.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 05:41 PM #11 of 17
Originally Posted by andkeener
Quoted for truth. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I couln't agree with you more when it comes to mint.
Isn't christianjon a girl?

Anyway I'm a wintergreen fan myself for both mints and gum. Spearmint is alright but some spearmint gums aren't the greatest.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 08:32 PM #12 of 17
The distinction between the mints is simple. I can tell them all apart instantly.

Peppermint is a "cold" mint. It creates an "icy" sensation in the mouth.

Spearmint is also a "cold" mint, but it's far more herbal than peppermint. There's a faint, evergreen taste to spearmint. It's subtle but it's there.

Wintergreen is a "hot" mint. It tricks the taste buds into thinking there's something both sweet and spicy on the tongue. Wintergreen extract contains an oil that functions similarly to the oils in hot peppers, only it's far less potent. Still, it's enough to provide a slight sensation of heat.

Wintergreen is, by far, my favorite. I purchase the little, pink, "Canada Mint" lozenges all the time.

Pepto Bismol is also faintly wintergreen flavored.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:41 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 09:41 PM #13 of 17
Wintergreen oil is used in lithography for it's chemical properties, to transfer laser-printed images onto a stone or litho plate.

I can't believe how many people can't distinguish mints! For me, spearmint really offends my mouth, so there's no mistaking one from another. And peppermint isn't really something I associate with candy canes (I don't like 'em), but rather with the ice cream or Altoids.

*ahem* -- peppermint Altoids, that is. Now that they've gone and expanded their line of mints after 100 years of just being peppermint...

How ya doing, buddy?
Senorita Preved
Surprise Kangaroo Sweaterer and Hugger

Member 12294

Level 9.60

Sep 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 09:53 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 12:53 PM #14 of 17
I enjoy any kind of mint that isnt the toothpaste kind!

How ya doing, buddy?
Rakka
Forgiveness

Member 10978

Level 9.10

Aug 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:34 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 10:34 PM #15 of 17
Originally Posted by Celes
Aww, am I the only spearmint fan? I love it! Spearmint gum is great, but what I really like are spearmint snowballs.

I'd definately make one right now if I wasn't already cold.
I love spearmint too! Spearmint snowballs are so great...and so cold.

Peppermint gum is nice, too, and so is wintergreen...fine, I just love anything that's minty-flavored! Except for mint toothpaste. I don't like it either, Senorita Preved...does anyone, though?

FELIPE NO

all the cool people are doing it...rakka's last.fm page
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:28 PM #16 of 17
When I get mints or gum I usually stick to peppermint. Spearmint is too sweet and doesnt seem to help your breath at all after the first 10 seconds of chewing.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:34 PM #17 of 17
For gum I stick with wintergreen, but for mints it's always peppermint.

I like peppermint a lot, while spearmint just doesn't provide a satisfying minty taste.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Types of Mint.