Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Save Screech's house!

Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:10 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 10:10 PM #1 of 9
Save Screech's house!

Tried doing a search for it, and it didn't come up.

http://www.getdshirts.com/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0224616/board/threads/

Anyway, have any of you seen on the news or online that Screech (Dustin Diamond) from the old tv show "Saved by the Bell" is asking for money to pay off a mortgage on his house? He has a house in Port Washington, in Wisconsin (just north of Milwaukee, where I live), and apparently needs like $250k in order to pay it off, or else he loses it (I don't know the exact details beyond this).

Anyway, I can't really help but kind of pity him. This guy probably made more in his years on Saved by the Bell (and he was pretty much in all the spin-offs as well) than most of us will in our lifetime, and yet he's essentially resorting to begging for money.

Many people on the IMDB site are trashing him because he's essentially resorted to the begging for money. While it's sort of nice to have a local celebrity, Wisconsin does not have a high cost of living, so I hope he left his Hollywood spending habits back there as well (I don't think he needs 2 SUV's).

So, what's your opinion on this? Are we being too hard on him, or is it his own fault for having the bad credit for not being able to get a loan (despite the tons of money he no doubt made)?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 08:17 PM #2 of 9
Sad news, indeed. Why should anyone feel sorry for someone that can't manage their own money. Especially when they have more than most people may make in their lifetimes.

The poor bastard can figure this out for himself.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:23 PM #3 of 9
I think I have seen every episode of Saved by the Bell. And I love Screech, no matter how nerdy he is in real life or whatever. (I know he's tried different things throughout his career, but I think he and a LOT of the cast are at a loss due to type-casting)

As much as I love him, I doubt I would donate. I get nothing in return, I guess. Maybe if he offered a service or something.

Edit:
Quote:
1. A $15.00 donation will get you a comfortable and stylish cotton T-Shirt telling the world you helped save my house.

2. A $20.00 donation will get you that same T-Shirt signed by me with my special message "Fuck Giraldo".

First we rallied to Free Wynona. The next time we Voted For Pedro. This time we'll Save Screeech's House!
Ahaha. Man. I am almost convinced this is a joke. But I kinda want a signed shirt from Screech. >_>

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Aug 30, 2006 at 10:25 PM.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:32 PM #4 of 9
One of my friends went to see him do stand up comedy a year or two ago, and got an autograph from him.

Yeah, that's all I have to say. But I guess he's a nice guy in real life.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:37 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 09:37 PM #5 of 9
Just looking at the website, man, it's so cynical about his situation.

Attention whore comin' like wut.

I was speaking idiomatically.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:41 PM #6 of 9
Originally Posted by Tawnee Stoner
Just looking at the website, man, it's so cynical about his situation.

Attention whore comin' like wut.
Yea, after reading the whole "story," I was a little more...um...unsympathetic when he started saying "Don't fuck with the DMan." It just made me think that he's going to sic the internet on this guy.

I mean, there's nothing to be proud of when you're all "DONT FUCK WITH ME!" and then have to go beg perfect strangers on the internet to save your quarter-million dollar home in Wisconsin.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:52 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 08:52 PM #7 of 9
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Yea, after reading the whole "story," I was a little more...um...unsympathetic when he started saying "Don't fuck with the DMan." It just made me think that he's going to sic the internet on this guy.

I mean, there's nothing to be proud of when you're all "DONT FUCK WITH ME!" and then have to go beg perfect strangers on the internet to save your quarter-million dollar home in Wisconsin.
The funniest thing he did to try and get sympathy, was go on the Howard Stern Show and right after promoting that website, complain that he has a 10 1/2 wang, and it's a "curse", and Magnums barely fit him. Funny shit.

FELIPE NO
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:18 PM #8 of 9
Quote:
Buy a Sponsorship Brick - $1000.00 Each

Help! Save My House by buying a sponsorship brick. For a one time cost of $1,000 per brick you can buy a brick on the house below. You can buy as many as you like.
Move the decimal two spots to the left and you have yourself a deal, kid.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Maico
─ ─╘Don't rob me of my ─ ─ hate: It's all I have.

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 01:29 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 11:29 PM #9 of 9
First Asia Carrera, now Screech, who's next?

At least he has Google Ads at the bottom to help get him some money.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Save Screech's house!