Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] The Humble Indie Bundle

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2010, 09:19 PM Local time: May 4, 2010, 09:19 PM 3 #1 of 9
The Humble Indie Bundle

The Humble Indie Bundle (pay what you want for five awesome indie games)

An interesting little prospect from 5 indie developers, the Humble Indie Bundle lets you pay whatever dollar amount you want for 5 indie games, and allows you to optionally split money off from that amount to charity. (In this case, Child's Play and The EFF)

The games included are:
  • Gish (A physics-enabled 2-d sidescroller)
  • Aquaria (any fans of Metroidvanias should check in here)
  • World of Goo (A....I don't even know)
  • Penumbra: Overture (First person Lovecraftian horror-adventure)
  • Lugaru (Haven't heard of this one, but looks like it's similar to Max Payne with Kung-Fu mod installed)

Let me be the first to say that a few of these games are worth the money by themselves, but to be able to get all 5, name your price, and then choose to whom it goes, is really unparalleled in the industry. This will be going on for the rest of the week for anybody on the fence.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 01:36 PM Local time: May 10, 2010, 11:36 AM #2 of 9
Anyone who doesn't buy this is a rusting tool. End of story. Even I bought it, and I have World of Goo already.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 02:40 PM Local time: May 10, 2010, 12:40 PM #3 of 9
Thanks for posting this. I always wanted to play World of Goo.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Worm
:furious proofreading noises:

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 04:10 PM #4 of 9
Might as well repost the news here: Samorost 2 has been added to the bundle. It's a click-the-hotspot puzzle game by the Machinarium guys.

Oh, and if anyone's mostly interested in this for Penumbra: Overture, the bundle comes with a code that lets you buy all three Penumbra games for (an additional) $5.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:53 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2010, 11:53 AM #5 of 9
For those who don't know, they're doing this again. I picked it up for Braid and Machinarium, since I hadn't gotten around to getting either one yet. Right now, everyone who pays more than $7.44 will also get the first bundle. I paid $10 right when it started, so today I got a nice surprise with the first one.

The Humble Indie Bundle #2 (pay what you want for five awesome indie games)

I was speaking idiomatically.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:22 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2010, 12:22 PM #6 of 9
Not only are they doing this again, but because it was such a success, they're throwing in Humble Bundle #1 as well for no additional cost, at least they did with me. I went from having very few steam games to OH MY GOD WHERE DID ALL THE GAMES COME FROM.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Clamjouster
Get it together!

Member 53

Level 17.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2010, 08:56 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2010, 09:56 PM #7 of 9
if you paid more than 7.66, they unlock the first humble bundle for you, wich I think is a superb deal, heck I'd pay that much for some of the games in there alone... and you get the whole pack.

FELIPE NO
Lyth
God of Ruin

Member 406

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2011, 06:00 PM #8 of 9
Bundle #3 is released today.

Just in case there are those who don't know what the bundle is: Pay what you want for 5 games ( with the possibility of new ones being throw in later on free of charge if you already purchased the bundle ) Remember though, Pay what you want is no excuse to be cheap.

The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle

Games:
Trine
Shadowground
Shadowground: Survivor
Jack Claw
Splotch

Possibility of more games being added as usual with this deal.

Basically, if you're interested have at it and have some fun. I had 11 dollars and some odd cents left in my bank account, so I just put in that full amount. Broke now, but the money goes to a good cause so I'm fine with it..

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

I am not a clever pony...
aerisangel
Carob Nut

Member 26245

Level 6.27

Nov 2007

Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:32 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2011, 07:32 PM #9 of 9
thats awesome, good way to do charity. i picked it up too.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] The Humble Indie Bundle