Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] City of Steam (Industrial Fantasy Browser MMO)

CoS_Ethan
Wark!

Member 39796

Level 2.12

Aug 2012

Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:36 PM #1 of 12
City of Steam (Industrial Fantasy Browser MMO)

(Before starting the topic, my personal thanks go to This guy is a cunt, without his consent, I wouldn't have posted this)

Hey all, I'm Ethan and I work for indie games developer Mechanist Games. We're working on our debut title,City of Steam, a browser-based MMO based in a setting with industrial fantasy and steampunk elements.

If you've heard about City of Steam but missed out on our Alpha test a few days ago (you can also find the alpha wrap-up announcement on our website), not to worry! You’ll still be able to join in the Beta testing of the game in about 3 months from now. Just remember to sign up for our newsletter (we offer subscribers priority on future keys) on our website and keep an eye on our dev journals for up-to-date game development.

To those that don't know what City of Steam is (no surprise there, we're an indie developer, so getting widespread recognition is a relatively harder for us). It's an industrial fantasy/steampunk MMORPG, lightweight enough to play on even older computers and accessible straight from your browser. Even then, thanks to Untiy 3D and a lot of in-house tools, we've managed to still make it look quite impressive, and all stored in but a few megabytes. Most wouldn’t believe it’s browser-based after spotting the graphics in a fullscreen mode.

City of Steam evokes an industrial age fantasy set in a mechanical world during an industrial revolution where the boundaries between science and magic have begun to blur, where humanoid steamtoilers patrol the streets and levianthan airships float just above the rooftops. City of Steam is set on the World Machine, a vast and ancient system of interlocking gears powered by unfathomable energies. Current civilizations are built upon these, and the industrial aspects have always been part of the world's history and daily life; races such as humans and elves do exist, but they live alongside dwarves that are part-machine, robotic toilers that roam the land, and both magical and mechanical monstrosities that threaten their existence. Visit the World Machine page on the game website to have a better look at this animated world.

http://www.cityofsteam.com/wp-conten...rldMachine.jpg

As one of the team members, I’d be happy to discuss any comments or questions you may have about the game. Just drop me a line or post a reply here, and I’ll get back to you (after all, I didn’t come here just to ‘spam and leave’, I want to hear what you think!)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by CoS_Ethan; Mar 21, 2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:42 AM #2 of 12
Just for all you mods out there who might be scratching your heads, Skills and I have approved this thread. Perhaps this is a game that is up your alley.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:22 AM #3 of 12
This guy is a cunt.

Spoiler:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
CoS_Ethan
Wark!

Member 39796

Level 2.12

Aug 2012

Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:30 AM #4 of 12
Just for all you mods out there who might be scratching your heads, Skills and I have approved this thread. Perhaps this is a game that is up your alley.
Thanks for the statement, will check out updates back and forth.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
CoS_Ethan
Wark!

Member 39796

Level 2.12

Aug 2012

Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:56 PM #5 of 12
We've got a new Dev Journal up! Coding just released their to-do list for Beta (including some pretty awesome stuff); if interested, be sure to have a look! Oh, and stick around, there are more development updates just around the corner.

I was speaking idiomatically.
CoS_Ethan
Wark!

Member 39796

Level 2.12

Aug 2012

Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:09 PM #6 of 12
We just put up some new dev journals, now's your chance to get a closer look at some cool Rattling animations in Unity and backstories of the charming but manipulative Rivens and a wrapup for all four classes in City of Steam.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by CoS_Ethan; Sep 20, 2012 at 01:40 AM.
CoS_Ethan
Wark!

Member 39796

Level 2.12

Aug 2012

Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:52 PM #7 of 12
Last chance for supporting City of Steam guys! The closing date of all Alpha Supporter Packs is pretty close now; to those who've been keeping track of City of Steam, don't miss the chance of being an honorable supporter for this game while receiving some amazing CoS swag at the same time!

FELIPE NO
City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork marvels, and ancient evils. Visit City of Steam on Facebook for screenshots, dev diaries, and news updates!
CoS_Ethan
Wark!

Member 39796

Level 2.12

Aug 2012

Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:04 AM #8 of 12
Hi guys, we’ve released some new dev journals recently, if you are interested in getting to know more about CoS classes and races, don’t miss out on the wrap-ups for them. Also, feel free to share your thoughts on the most recent design and coding (it includes a mini game) journals.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork marvels, and ancient evils. Visit City of Steam on Facebook for screenshots, dev diaries, and news updates!
CoS_Ethan
Wark!

Member 39796

Level 2.12

Aug 2012

Old Nov 2, 2012, 04:56 AM #9 of 12
Hello everyone, we have plenty of great news share recently, so forgive me if this seems a bit spammy (but yeah...how else to spread the news on stuff like this..?)

First! Closed Beta Test will start on Nov. 16th (see more details via the announcement here), coupled with more content and contests;

Second! We just got a new Beta Teaser Trailer up, so please share the video with your friends and help spread the word out;

Third! We now have brand new Beta Collaborator Packs, if you missed the Alpha packs, this is your chance to get a bunch of awesome extras for Beta!

Lastly! As we also have some goals to reach in Closed Beta, we do need your support to make them achievable. Check out the bonus content you could get in CBT on your Steam-o-Meter (it even includes developer humiliations; we may regret our enthusiasm later…).

Ok, enough of that before this gets too long, sorry for dropping so much on your guys at once… I’m glad to hear your comments on this though, so be sure to let me know what you think, or ask those questions I’m sure are crossing your mind!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
CoS_Ethan
Wark!

Member 39796

Level 2.12

Aug 2012

Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:57 AM #10 of 12
Springtide finally closed its gates... A million thanks to all who joined in and helped us test the game. As always, you can rest assured that we'll work on those bugs, and keep polishing up the game. We all look forward to seeing you back on Nov. 30 again to play DWARVES! Also, keep up your outstanding support for the Steam-o-Meter, we're getting closer to 3M points.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
CoS_Ethan
Wark!

Member 39796

Level 2.12

Aug 2012

Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:29 AM #11 of 12
Hello everyone, just try to remind you that Summercrest (CBT2) will start very soon! If interested, make sure to sign up for our newsletters on the website for Beta key priority; also, keep an eye on our partners, they might still have some loaded keys left. For those who received a key already, keep it safe and start a new round of adventure in just hours!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CoS_Ethan
Wark!

Member 39796

Level 2.12

Aug 2012

Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:00 AM #12 of 12
Still looking for Holiday Gifts? Our Toiler might have something you might like. Also, we've prepared all Beta testers some awesome game stuff in Winter Festival, so be sure to check it out and get yours. Happy holidays and enjoy the final Closed Beta Test later today!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] City of Steam (Industrial Fantasy Browser MMO)