Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Final Fantasy IV 3D DS

Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 10:51 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 07:51 AM #1 of 313
Final Fantasy IV 3D DS

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/09/fi...-3d-treatment/
http://www.enregistrersous.com/image...509143020.html

As this is my favorite game of all time. I can not believe it. I woke up today with a text from a friend about this news. Rydia, I bet you are excited, along with all of the many FFIV fans we have here on this board!!!!

THANK GOD!!!!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]
IV > VI > VIII > VII > IX > V > XII > X
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 10:58 AM #2 of 313
damn, beat me to it.

While this isnt my favorite FF in the series I do have high hopes because it was something I was satisfied with, I hope for some more extras (the wifi-dealy with III).

With this being said, will SE keep on the ball and remake V? I dont believe IV needs to be touched, or anything after.

How ya doing, buddy?
Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 11:06 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 08:06 AM 1 #3 of 313
I honestly hope they put FFV and VI 3d on DS.

I CAN"T WAIT FOR THIS GAME LOL, as I listen to the FFIV ost.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]
IV > VI > VIII > VII > IX > V > XII > X
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 11:10 AM #4 of 313
With this being said, will SE keep on the ball and remake V? I dont believe IV needs to be touched, or anything after.
Heh, what makes you think they won't? I wouldn't be surprised if they go all the way up to IX. Like Andrew here, folks are already waiting on the inevitable FFVI DS remake.

Most amazing jew boots

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 11:28 AM #5 of 313
Cool. Now I can play it without the bugginess of the GBA version, or so I've been told. I have yet to play FFIII still though. I have it, but haven't touched it in ages.

Am I the only one who finds the sprite-work more charming though? I couldn't possibly imagine FFVI in 3D...I'll stick to the GBA port.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Shaolin Samurai
Top Tier

Member 2005

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 12:19 PM 1 #6 of 313
Am I the only one who finds the sprite-work more charming though?
Not at all. Look at Cecil's curvy figure, his hips, his chest - he looks like a fucking woman, and not in your typical bishounen way.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Shaolin Samurai; May 9, 2007 at 12:22 PM.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 12:28 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 09:28 AM #7 of 313
I wasn't expecting this, so it's a nice surprise. =p I actually thought FFVI would have a 3D remake before FFIV since it seems a little more popular than the latter. Those screens look good so far though.

FELIPE NO
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 12:30 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 12:30 PM #8 of 313
Surprise to me too o__O I like FFIII's 3D remake. Maybe this'll do nicely, hmm? ;3 The re-translation for the GBA version was very nice, so I hope it carries over to this.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 12:37 PM #9 of 313
You guys are missing the bigger picture.

3D Tellah.

My money is as good as gone.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 12:38 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 12:38 PM #10 of 313
Fascination with older men?...

Eleo? =(

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 12:49 PM #11 of 313
Not at all. Look at Cecil's curvy figure, his hips, his chest - he looks like a fucking woman, and not in your typical bishounen way.
Wow. I thought I was the only one!

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 12:57 PM #12 of 313
Not another remake!? At least it's 3D, so it had better be laboriously detailed.
Thus, in addition to 3D Tellah, we should: get to whale away on the 3D version of Calbrena, witness the awesomeness of twin magic, see pumped up Rydia summons, etc.

They can only remake it so many times over to steal my money, so I'll just content myself with videos.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 01:10 PM #13 of 313
So Square has gone and caught the George Lucas bug, endlessly remaking their past hits and setting up a permanent camp in our wallets.

I for one am not biting. I'm a fan, yes, but the spritely version is good enough. It also helps that I do not own a DS

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 01:31 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 11:31 AM #14 of 313
Funny, I had considered buying the actual game of FFVI Advanced, but now with this 3D Remake of IV being made, I'm not even going to bother (And I mean actually getting the physical game as opposed to a ROM).

Well, I'm glad I never bought any of the previous versions of the game. The only other good that could come out of this would be later on, a DS 3d Chrono Trigger.

How ya doing, buddy?
Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 01:47 PM #15 of 313
Fascination with older men?...

Eleo? =(
Dear lord no. Tellah is just one of, if not the, greatest characters that has spawned from a Final Fantasy game.

FELIPE NO
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 02:50 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 11:50 AM #16 of 313
At this rate, I'm going to ignore all the GBA releases and just wait for Square to cave and give us the FF6 remake we all wanted.

And this may give me an incentive to actually play this title.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 03:07 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 01:07 PM #17 of 313
I want this and I'll want the FFVI 3D remake for DS when it comes out, too. For some reason, I'm thinking they might wait a few years and do a serious graphical update for VI and release it for PS3 or something like that, though. I don't mind having already bought FFVI Advance since that game's 2D graphics have a charm of their own and a lot of nostalgia for me.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 03:20 PM #18 of 313
What I really want is a sprite version of FFVIII for the DS. Now wouldn't that be grand. FFXII RW's sprites look great from what I've seen of it, so other games should get the same treatment.

*glances at the JPN only DS version of Xenosaga I and II*

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 04:26 PM #19 of 313
I like this one a lot. Since I had the chance to pick it up for the GBA, this probably had one of the better storylines in the FF series...

I'll probably be more interested in it if they could toss in some GBA Extras to the DS version, like weapons you could only unlock if you have the GBA version in Slot 2 or something. Give us something nice so this isn't just another boring remake of the game because you neglected to fix it in the five other versions you release.

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 04:30 PM #20 of 313
Hmm...I wouldn't mind. Final Fantasy IV isn't my favorite Final Fantasy (but it's damn close) Final Fantasy III though...I suppose the graphics and art style was good, but the actual game of Final Fantasy III, IMO, was definitely shortlived. I bought the game only because it didn't come out here originally, and it feels like a return to Final Fantasy I after the train wreck that was Final Fantasy II. Some people might like Final Fantasy II (That's FF2j) but I hated it with a passion. Final Fantasy III felt like a reactionary decision back to Final Fantasy I, but was overshot. I didn't like Final Fantasy III that much.

But back to the point. Final Fantasy IV is a good game, so I'll probably end up picking this up because of the FF Fanboy in me.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 04:35 PM #21 of 313
For some reason, I'm thinking they might wait a few years and do a serious graphical update for VI and release it for PS3 or something like that, though.
That would be amazing. Update the music so that it's orchestrated would be great.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 04:43 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 03:43 PM #22 of 313
I'm thinking they might wait a few years and do a serious graphical update for VI and release it for PS3 or something like that, though.
Why would they do that? These remakes are basically licenses to print money, and now that they've got the engine going, I'm sure it won't take much effort* to just churn out remakes of the next two for the DS. If they're going to milk this shit THAT much, and if the general consensus among idiot gamers is to keep buying this shit (as it seems to be, judging by responses to this news here and elsewhere), it'd be stupid for them not to.

* Compared to a PS3 port

Most amazing jew boots
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 04:50 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 02:50 PM #23 of 313
:3D Rydia. :3

Ooh awesome. I think I still wanna get Final Fantasy IV Advance though just for that 2D nostalgia (despite the supposed bugs or something) but these remake pics are looking kinda hot. Yadada...

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 05:48 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 03:48 PM #24 of 313
Why would they do that? These remakes are basically licenses to print money, and now that they've got the engine going, I'm sure it won't take much effort* to just churn out remakes of the next two for the DS. If they're going to milk this shit THAT much, and if the general consensus among idiot gamers is to keep buying this shit (as it seems to be, judging by responses to this news here and elsewhere), it'd be stupid for them not to.

* Compared to a PS3 port
They might choose not to release a DS remake because it would create even more demand for a PS3 remake. Many of us idiots probably would buy both pieces of shit, though, as you so gracefully pointed out.

Talaysen
I'm busy at work!

Member 1252

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 06:54 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 06:54 PM #25 of 313
To be fair, the Advanced versions weren't really "remakes" rather than just ports with a few little bonuses. A fullblown remake is another story entirely.

Honestly though, FFIV doesn't have as much potential for a remake as FFIII did. At least FFIII had the whole job system thing they could rework the mechanics for. In FFIV, everyone learns abilities naturally when they reach the right level. Not much you can change there.

As you can see, I'm not too hyped for this one myself. Never was a fan of the original and I don't see it getting much more than a graphic overhaul. Though if they do find new ways to improve it, it might be worth a shot. We'll see.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Final Fantasy IV 3D DS