Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Help] Swap Magic and Slide Card

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:55 PM #1 of 12
Swap Magic and Slide Card

Does anybody here use the slide card? I installed a flip top for my ps2 and games work fine, but a friend of mine didn't want it, so he got a slide card. /i burned a copy of FFXII for him, tested it at my place, it worked, but it doesn't seem to be loading for him. The one time that it did load, it was unable to detect the memory card.

I found a pdf with slide card instructions, but I was hoping to get some tips from somebody that owns one. How do I know that the PS2 is closed properly? Thanks. He's using an older model btw, 30001 or something like that.

How ya doing, buddy?

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:53 PM #2 of 12
I have an old version ps2, and I use the Slide Card when I wanna play The King of Fighters XI. All I did was, remove the front part [which im sure you know], let the swap magic card [dvd version] load up and go to the screen and put the slide card in, and feel for something to latch on and push it to the right. then I put the game disc in, close the tray then put the slide card back in and feel the part that you opened, to close it. You'll hear it click in, and then I just press X and it works. It COULD be that you burned his game wrong. I know when I had a burned copy of XI, it loaded...HORRIBLY.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 01:55 AM #3 of 12
I also use swap magic. Sometimes it depends on the quality of the burned game as to how well it loads. And be sure you're matching up the CD Swap Magic with CD games, and the DVD with DVD games. Once you got the disc in and it loads, don't hit any buttons on the PS2, just slide thecard in and swap the games. Then when sliding the pin back, it should make a kind of click noise as things pop back into place, and the pin shouldn't be able to move over anymore. As for it not reading the memory card, that shouldn't be affected by Swap Magic at all, maybe the problem is on his PS2's end.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Razikain
Flying Toaster

Member 16855

Level 4.68

Dec 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 04:50 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 09:50 AM #4 of 12
Yeah, you make sure you're using a decent quality disk and burning with all the error checking modes on. Most of the time when I can't get games to work through Swap Magic it's because of an error on the disk itself.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"Show...a little more respect...for faerie tales..."
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 06:04 AM #5 of 12
The burn is good guys. My brother tested it at my house and he told me that it worked fine. I think it's just that we're not closing the tray properly with the slide card.

You need to put it back in, slide the card to the right, get it to hook on and then slide it to the left right? We don't hear any clicking noise...

I was speaking idiomatically.

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 01:53 PM #6 of 12
you should just 'feel' it connect. the part you're sliding and the ps2 that is.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 08:22 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 02:22 PM #7 of 12
You don't slide it to the right, you just insert it at the right and slide it left until it clicks.

It should be pretty obvious when it happens, because it feels like the tray drops back into place. After aewhile you'll get accustomed to sliding and it'll be a breeze. It just a few tries to get it right. Oh, and there's also a video on youtube and swapmagic3.com demonstrating this.

FELIPE NO
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 10:50 PM #8 of 12
Do PS2s prefer DVD+R or DVD-R?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Radez; Dec 16, 2006 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 03:33 PM #9 of 12
I use -R, but somebody told me that +R are better. Can anybody confirm this?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 04:03 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 02:03 PM #10 of 12
+Rs only work well if you booktype, and only a handful of burners are capable of it. Otherwise, they work poorly or not at all.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jonathan Ingram
Rattle Your Goddamn Head!

Member 135

Level 9.79

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 05:27 AM #11 of 12
I switched to DVD-Rs from +Rs due to a lack of money, and I gotta say, if you can get the +Rs to burn properly, it's well worth the extra bit of cash. Half of the -Rs I burned were really bad with FMVs, loading, and such.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chairman Kaga
ALL ABOARD!

Member 592

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 07:12 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2007, 10:12 PM #12 of 12
Never had a problem running -R discs on my PS2. Just be sure to select the slowest burn speed (I'm sure everyone knows that).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Help] Swap Magic and Slide Card