Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Fucking Weeaboos (or; Feels Good Man)

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 01:21 PM #1 of 16
Fucking Weeaboos (or; Feels Good Man)

We haven't had this kind of topic in a while and GFF is boring lately, so go!

Originally Posted by MSNBC
More satisfying than real life
Some otaku do try to transform the cartoon objects of their affection into 3-D by buying figurines of sexy anime characters, or of “Japanese idols,” often female pop stars or bikini models.

That may be the biggest Japanese influence on American sex. In otaku culture, gender is increasingly fluid and interchangeable. Play and fantasy are more important than actually having sex with a real person. Among some otaku, love and sex in the anime realm become vicarious experiences, more satisfying than real life, Macias says.

“Among Japanese fans — the guys — it is a badge of honor to say, ‘We do not need real women; [these] figures are better, they do not talk back’” said Macias. “Americans are not there yet, but at the rate things are going, we are going to be seeing that.”
Read the full article because there's more than just that quote.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The comments are gold though. Took maybe five minutes for someone to come in and Bel Air it to death.

What are your thoughts GFF? Is 3D PIG DISGUSTING? Mainstream or just the delusions of a few?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

#654: Braixen
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 11, 2008, 01:27 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2008, 11:27 AM #2 of 16
I guess the author missed the memo about "Do not feed the animals."

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 01:27 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2008, 12:27 PM 1 #3 of 16
Quote:
“When you see a kid sitting in Borders reading a manga, he’s not just reading a comic book,” Macias said. “There is something really powerful going on there.”
Sociologists, man. Classic.

Quote:
"Play and fantasy are more important than actually having sex with a real person. Among some otaku, love and sex in the anime realm become vicarious experiences, more satisfying than real life"

“Among Japanese fans — the guys — it is a badge of honor to say, ‘We do not need real women; [these] figures are better, they do not talk back’” said Macias. “Americans are not there yet, but at the rate things are going, we are going to be seeing that.”
Sweet. You faggots fondle dolls. I'm gonna get my dick wet while you people play with dolls.

I can't even begin to point how flawed this cat's argument is from a social sciences perspective. He's not even in the ballpark. And the huge majority of study into otaku culture is done by people who are really, really awful at sociology/anthropology. A trend does not always equal a social movement. It's niche for a reason. People like Chaotic are still faggots. Now please, return to the jokes.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 11, 2008, 01:29 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2008, 11:29 AM #4 of 16
No, Deni, let's just go ahead and validate ALL THE CRAZIES while we're at it. This author? Real trend setter, a WINNER.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 01:32 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2008, 12:32 PM #5 of 16
People always do this in this field. Tattooing gets it especially bad. Just a horrible slew of awful writers trying to talk about something they know nothing about and idiots on the internet quoting them as validation. Yama is reading all these authors right now and masturbating furiously while quoting comic books.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 11, 2008, 01:36 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2008, 11:36 AM #6 of 16
That's the sad thing, there's no sense of scale here. We're in a global society (despite what every goddamned retard wants to believe) and it never crossed this guy's mind that the socially reclusive and inept could possibly, you know, increase in number because of this? I mean, what you said pretty much says it all, we're seeing an age of writers who are reviewers and analysts of shit they know absolutely nothing about. But again, let's just validate all the crazies, save ourselves the time and effort.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 01:39 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2008, 12:39 PM 1 #7 of 16
You hear that, Freelance Wolf? You can come out of the closet. It's cool now.

FELIPE NO

K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 02:11 PM #8 of 16
3-D women pig disgusting.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 02:50 PM #9 of 16
Your current avatar and sig could not make this any funnier.

Also Japanese nerds are all kinds of fucked up. I'd like to see an actual documentary on them just to see the extremes they go to. Photos of rooms completely covered in figs can only say so much.

If that kind of thing actually does become a "movement" for weeaboos here in the states I'm throwing in the towel.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 03:09 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2008, 01:09 PM #10 of 16
Isn't Otaku no Video sort of a documentary on the state of otaku and the hobby in general? Granted, it's a mix of fact and fiction with transitions between the animated portions and the talking heads interviews, but it's a start, even if I fault it for painting it in a more positive light than it really is.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 03:47 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2008, 01:47 PM #11 of 16
Quote:
“When you see a kid sitting in Borders reading a manga, he’s not just reading a comic book,” Macias said. “There is something really powerful going on there.”
That's because he's filling his wank bank for later.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:15 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2008, 02:15 PM #12 of 16
Quote:
“The appeal of Japanese pop culture [to Americans] is that it is a moral-free zone ... The ideas of good/bad, right/wrong, that duality is not present.”
Horrific.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:32 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2008, 04:32 PM #13 of 16
Weeaboos fucking wish they could be otaku. At least then they would be real deviants.

How ya doing, buddy?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 05:23 PM 22 #14 of 16
3-D women pig disgusting.
what

Get the Flash Player to play this audio file:
what

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 05:32 PM #15 of 16
Well, pretty much every post after Pang's is going to suck in compairison, so I give up

FELIPE NO
^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 05:59 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2008, 05:59 PM #16 of 16
NICE BIG BREAST

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Fucking Weeaboos (or; Feels Good Man)