Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] The Black Mages III news. A bunch of pointless speculation follows.

Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 01:04 AM #1 of 80
Ah awesome. I've been waiting for this news for awhile. I play the entire first album on guitar at least once a week now.

Some stuff I'd love to see: FFIV: Red Wings, or Fight 1 or 2, FFV: Decisive or Last Battle, ANYTHING from FFVI, particularly the Dream Oath Opera, that'd totally rule. From FFVII, perhaps Birth of a God, from FFIX, Jesters of the Moon, We are Thieves, Ancient Passage and Evil Messenger.

Anything that they can make rockin' is good in my book anyhow...though I would personally hope for less of the singing. Detracted from the seriousness of it for me.

I'm actually very interested in this second disc though. I'd love to hear more stuff from that that I "haven't heard" already. I favor thier style as a prog band, so anything different would definently be awesome.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 01:11 PM #2 of 80
Originally Posted by HylianLink
It's funny that you should say that, i actually quite like the vocal's in BM albums, i made a workout edit of The Skies Above (cut out the slower begining) because it gets me pumped out and makes me want to run faster. While i don't fully understand what he's singing, that japanese guy is a talented singer.
Well it's not as if I <i>can't</i> stand it per se, but it certainly detracted my liking of the song. If they were going to do something like that, I wish they would have used a dedicated English speaking singer, from an established band or something. Guy IS a talented singer but when you get someone attempting to pronounce certain syllables from a non-native language, it comes out a bit weird. I'd rather if he was just singing in Japanese. But I was less fond of the female vox in Otherworld. Song was already heavy; they didn't really need to touch it.

If they DID do the Dream Oath Opera though, I wouldn't mind if they used that guy again. Heh, they could use him AND the female vocalist from Otherworld, and they got a Draco and Maria right there. But if I could pick any song for them to do, it'd totally be the DDO. I used to play that song on guitar (and bass) alot. I'd love to be able to play a BM version

The Day After would be awesome too (another song I can play), but I think it'd be better in like a FFVI medley of dark world themes (like Dark World, and Searching for Friends, which would also work well by itself, bass line++)

Some other songs from FFVI I'd LOVE to see would be: Mines of Narshe (cool with a jazzy prog spin), Returners, Mystery Train, Serpent Trench, Save Them!, Slam Shuffle, Devil's Lab, New Continent, Fierce Battle, The Magic House, and Last Dungeon. There's too many. Just MOOOOAR FFVI. I'd seriously give a left nut for a Black Mages FFVI arrange album (Ok, I probably wouldn't if they asked me). But I doubt Uematsu would ever want to revisit an entire album anyway.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 05:18 PM #3 of 80
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
Since they did Zeromus, Dancing Mad, Otherworld, and One Winged Angel so well, I would absolutely DIE to hear The Extreme. I can only vaguely picture some of the many possibilities the song offers, especially with it's busy bass line.

It's quite a pep up to hear that BM3 is in progress, and that they're not stopping at 2. I also like how they're gradually branching out from being just "FF battle music".
I suppose it could work. I'm not a huge FFVIII fan, but if combined with Maybe I'm a Lion, they could do a whole FFVIII last battle suite.

I was also worried about them stopping after BM2, and I sincerely hope they keep going strong (as if not implied by my unyielding enthusiasm). BM is how I found GFF in the first place, actually.

Also, as much as I love battle themes, they tend to be overdone, and I would like to see thier spin on other types. For the most part, BM1 was all prog-metal (which I love), but I'd like to see, for example, a jazzy-fusion style of Narshe Mine.

Originally Posted by lolman
Fun fact: mr. goo is Draco at "Tour de Japon" and "Voices" concerts. :biggrin:
Heh, that's something. That makes it even more apropo than I thought.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 03:01 AM #4 of 80
Originally Posted by Magusstorm
I do agree with Bighunt, they do need to remix some of the FFVIII battle themes especially on how the ruined the Maybe I am Lion track with that real shitty remix.
I really like Maybe I'm a Lion on BMII, it was probably one of my favorites on the album.

Seems like I'm the only one who doens't really care that much for the FFVIII OST.

I still wonder how they'd be wanting to be expressing japanese folk tales on the second disc. I can't imagine that really working without lyrics, and if it DOES involve lyrics, I hope it ISNT Mr. Goo entirely, I don't think I'd be able to take it seriously. If they do an english story, have the singer be english, and if it's a japanese story, have it be a japanese singer. That's all I ask for vocals.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [News] The Black Mages III news. A bunch of pointless speculation follows.