Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Cannot Logon to Windows: User/Password Problem

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 01:20 PM #1 of 4
Cannot Logon to Windows: User/Password Problem

As I mentioned before on my journal, after installing my new graphics card, it created an "Owner" account on Windows. I found this annoying, since I had to manually click the icon to login when Windows starts (or after inactivity), as opposed to when it would just load up on its own previously.

So I tried to delete the account, leaving only my Administrator account from before. I was promted to create a password, which I just left blank. I restarted Windows, and was given an error message that I couldn't log in due to a restriction on my account. It kept asking for a password that I didn't have.

So I need your help to fix this, as I can't access my PC at all without bypassing this logging issue. I did a Google search which turned up a possible fix , which I'm going to try when I get home from work, but I would like any suggestions you have as well, in case this doesn't work (other than reinstalling Windows, a lengthy and tedious process I'd prefer avoiding unless absolutely necessary).

EDIT: Well, the method won't work for a couple of reasons.

The biggest is that I can't boot into safe mode. For some reason, my keyboard doesn't "turn on" or register until Windows actually starts. Therefore, I can't press F12 or whatever when the PC boots up.

It doesn't boot up my restore drive automatically either. I think it has to do with some option I mucked around with so that discs wouldn't read automatically.

Anyway, this is pretty major. There's not much I can do if I can't get into safe mode. I'll try buying a new keyboard to try it out, but if that doesn't work, I need your help.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Soldier; Jan 8, 2007 at 05:35 PM.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 07:30 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 08:30 AM #2 of 4
Seems like your system has policies set against blank passwords, after you installed that graphics card driver....

How about trying this here thingy to set a password, and see if you can log in again?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:01 PM #3 of 4
I went to Radioshack and bought a new keyboard. I managed to get into safe mode and create a new user. I also downloaded a program (tweakUI) that lets me autolog too.

I still have two problems.

1. The Administrator account, even though it no longer appears in the Users section, still comes up when I start Windows and still gives the same message as before. I can log into the username I created, but I want to find a way to bypass this.

2. My settings and cookies from the "Owner" profile are gone. All programs are still available, but I would like my Firefox bookmarks back. Is there a way to retrieve them, or are they gone for good?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:24 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 04:24 PM #4 of 4
you need to make scandisk for driver os installed,there some bad sectors.

restart your pc,after scan it make new account and go to Documents and Settings folder and will see old account.

if you still want to reset your Administrator account,tell I'll upload CD bootable for reset passowrd for WinXP.ie really easy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Cannot Logon to Windows: User/Password Problem