Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I'm a winner! Are you?

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:29 PM #1 of 28
I'm a winner! Are you?

Today, I just won an iPod shuffle as part of a raffle held at my campus for a delayed Mardi Gras celebration. All I had to do was play some Blackjack and get really, really, really fucking lucky. Combine that with my XBox 360 and the tickets I won to see Mystery Men (Ben Stiller movie a long time ago), and I've won quite a bit. =o

My question to GFF at large is, what have YOU won from contests, raffles, internet websites, and the like? I'm curious to see if I'm an anomaly or if this kind of luck isn't much compared to the rest of the Internet.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:30 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 10:30 PM #2 of 28
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I'm hungry...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:33 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 10:33 PM #3 of 28
The only things I remember winning are a set of felt tips for colouring in a picture the best (aged 7) and winning first prize at a pet show for the best drawn and coloured in animal. It was a cat (aged 8.)

Just remembered, I won a bottle of cheap ass wine in the Christmas raffle. I don't even like wine.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:34 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 02:34 PM #4 of 28
I've only won one thing from a contest.

It was probably like 8 years ago or so, I won this CD from the local radio station. It had all kinds of cool, rare remixes from hip hop and techno artists like KRS-One and Fatboy Slim. They're probably not all that rare now, but it was cool then because I was the only one in town with the CD. Yep, that's the only thing I've ever won from a contest.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:36 PM #5 of 28
I won a huge jar of jellybeans by guessing the right amount. To my dismay, the majority of them were black licorice flavor.

I also won a free throw contest when I was younger. I got a T-shirt and a nifty medal.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:48 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 06:18 PM #6 of 28
I have a ticket for the Millionair for life lottery, so I guess I will find out tomarrow if I am a winner or not.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
tenseiken
Syklis Green

Member 532

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 05:24 PM #7 of 28
I have horrible luck with that sort of thing. We just got the lottery in my state recently, and even though it's arguably good for the school system, I'd rather burn my money than buy a ticket. At least I get to see a pretty fire that way.

The only thing I can think of that I have ever won was a transformer toy when I was like 4 or 5 years old. I think it was one of those deals where you call a radio station and have to be caller number X... but this was a long time ago, so I don't know for sure.

FELIPE NO
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 05:45 PM #8 of 28
I'm running a raffle for our grad fund! PM me if you want tickets!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 05:46 PM #9 of 28
I think I used up all my 'winner's luck' when I was around... 14. I went to a Minor League Baseball game, and in each program was a slip for everyone to guess the attendance of the game. I somehow managed to be the closest. I won a 14k Gold Bracelet from some fancy jeweler... I don't know where it is now.

I don't think I've won anything since.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 05:54 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 05:54 PM #10 of 28
I won $100 from some peel-off-the-cup prize thing from McDonald's when I was, like, four.

I also won $300 in Best Buy store credit from some online essay thang back when I was finishing high school. Totally put that toward an iPod and a lengthy warranty. Since then, I've returned it for a Video iPod and put out another warranty on that, getting me a replacement with only the cost of the warranty :3 Totally awesome prize that has carried over nicely.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Clon
Rousteinireâ„¢

Member 2435

Level 5.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 05:59 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 02:59 PM #11 of 28
It was about 4 years ago when they have the Pokemon Pinball Sweepstakes, which the prize was a GBA Sp and Pokemon Pinball. I can't believe I acutally won..btw the sp was red.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Come visit my DA page
JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 06:53 PM #12 of 28
I won a basketball from a Sprite under-the-cap game over a decade ago. It has the Sprite logo on it, it's colorful. I wonder where it's gotten to?

I won a prize in high school for getting a second place with some artwork, but I wasn't there to choose my prize, so my art teacher picked up a book for me on famous art pieces. Got good use out of that in college so I can't complain.

That's the only significant stuff I can think of.

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:13 PM #13 of 28
Aside from work-related contests in which I actually won something (and blew it on something stupid, but oh well), the only other thing I won was an Easter colouring contest at a department store a looooooong time ago. I did a crazy thing and outlined the drawing in marker while colouring it in with pencil crayons. Apparently that helped me win second place. Whooo...I got a basket of goodies, most of which are just crap stuffs like candy.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:21 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 05:21 PM #14 of 28
I can't remember ever having won anything. Maybe did as a young child, but then forgot it ... I dunno.

scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:28 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 04:28 PM #15 of 28
I've won a colouring contest from McDonald's once when I was 11. I got Pokemon Snap for 3rd prize, 2nd was an N64, and first was both. I couldn't play it for two years before I finally bought the system so I had to keep renting one from my local video store "Bug Eyes"

FELIPE NO
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 08:10 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 05:10 PM #16 of 28
When I was 7 the local newspaper ran a "Draw Your Dad" contest around Father's Day and I won (but only because I was the youngest person to enter). We got 4 tickets to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. I also won a 1 Gig flash drive at Grad Night last year.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:00 PM #17 of 28
I was close to winning an XBOX at a Pepsi thing going on at a mall that I went to when I was visiting my nephews in Texas a couple years ago. Our raffle ticket was off by ONE number. Had that 8 been a 9, that XBOX would've been mine. T_T

Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:16 PM #18 of 28
I won two tickets to go see the pre-screener of Starwars Episode three. Man, when I posted the pictures of those, lots of people got mad at me

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:36 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 08:36 PM #19 of 28
Mainly just movie tickets or gift cards to various coffee shops around campus. I haven't won anything expensive yet though. I also don't participate a lot in contests, so I managed to win a few prizes only after friends or family entered my name.

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:44 PM #20 of 28
Last semester I won a prize from my college for filling out the registration survey email. It's not like I had much choice, since they sent me 3-4 reminders before I finally did it. It was first come, first serve, and most of the possible prizes were shirts and crap. I ended up finding a gift bag containing some blank CDs, a 128mb flash drive, and a mouse pad though, so it was actually a pretty good haul.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:46 PM #21 of 28
I won two things when I was six, one of which changed our family''s lifestyle up until this day.

The first was an Easter Egg Colouring contest in which I got first place. I got a rather large bunny plushie which is still in the top shelf of my closet. Ironically I would be even more ecstatic to play with it now rather than if I was 6. In fact, it's right here, and untouched for the last 12 years :s

The other was a contest the newspaper ran weekly. I clearly remember that I won one week where the activity was to match 2 out of 6 pictures (Pictures of the sun in this case). The prize was a sweet free rental at Jumbo Video. Didn't want it to go to waste so we decided to go and use it. Now it's a Blockbuster, but if I hadn't won that, we wouldn't have been all that big on renting movies. We still go to that location even though there maybe closer and more convenient ones.

Most amazing jew boots
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:14 AM #22 of 28
I won $50 in a sudoku tournament a year ago.

Other than that, there have been a couple lottery tickets that have earned me $2 each, and a few "participation" ribbons I won from school events as a kid... I'm not a particularly lucky person. With the number of contests I've tried to win, small and large, I should have many more successes by now.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:21 AM #23 of 28
I won a double-sided theatrical poster from The Departed a few months ago. It's quite awesome, and is sitting in my room, framed!

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:23 AM #24 of 28
I won a skateboard from a local supermarket when I was around 10, but since I'm the most uncoordinated person ever, I never used it, and ended up selling it at a yard sale years later. In sixth grade, I won first place in the county Soil and Water Conservation Essay Contest, which got me a savings bond (don't remember how much, and it's still in the safe deposit box at the bank).

Tritoch may not remember, but he won a cool race car in a supermarket contest when he was really little. It was one of those cars that had a frame on the outside, and pedals inside the car to make it go. He was too small to actually ride it at the time (and I was too big), so it got stuffed in our basement for awhile. We grew up out in the country, with lots of grass, but not a whole lot of pavement (the road was gravel), so even when he was big enough, there was nowhere to ride the car. I'm not sure what happened to it; it might have gotten sold at the same yard sale as my skateboard.

mindOverMatter
CLfAM

Member 14418

Level 8.57

Oct 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:43 AM #25 of 28
I've only won one thing from a contest.

It was probably like 8 years ago or so, I won this CD from the local radio station. It had all kinds of cool, rare remixes from hip hop and techno artists like KRS-One and Fatboy Slim. They're probably not all that rare now, but it was cool then because I was the only one in town with the CD. Yep, that's the only thing I've ever won from a contest.
I almost won a CD and poster from a radio station once..I had to call in and answer some kind of trivia question...
I called, and gave the 'most correct' answer out of a choice of like three that they gave..but it turns out that they didn't give me all the choices. There was a fourth choice that they didn't tell me that was the correct one...so I didn't get it

Hold on just one second....when I signed up for life, this was not what I was expecting. Can I get a refund?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > I'm a winner! Are you?