Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Audio Journal

Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old Aug 30, 2007, 04:47 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2007, 01:47 PM #1 of 7
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Audio Journal

I'm logging my progress through Metroid Prime 3 Corruption by noting the sound design and music as I play through. Since Nintendo is notorious for not releasing soundtrack albums, I figured this was the best way to cover the title, as it is definitely deserving.

Here is the first entry, covering the first 25% of the game:

Music 4 Games -- The Future of Rock n' Roll & Interactive Entertainment. Est. 1999.

Let me know if you guys like this format, as we may consider it for future coverage of titles that don't receive soundtrack releases!

Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Reinhardt
Wark!

Member 22693

Level 2.50

Jun 2007

Old Aug 30, 2007, 06:21 PM #2 of 7
Personally, I like this style. It's rare to see people review and critique music as they play. Look forward to the next 75%.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2007, 07:04 PM #3 of 7
I'll hold off on reading it for fear of spoilers, but it sounds like a neat idea.

This isn't a big deal, but why do you feel the need to include "The Future of Rock n' Roll & Interactive Entertainment. Est. 1999" with your link title? The articles you and other M4G people have posted here have generally been click-worthy, but stuff like that can't help but seem more like advertising rather than just letting us know about an article we might be interested in.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old Aug 31, 2007, 01:07 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2007, 10:07 PM #4 of 7
Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to the next 75% too!

Haha, so funny that you mention the link title! I didn't actually do it, but perhaps it's embedded somehow when I post the URL that it knows it's originating from that site or something. I am by no means that anal about including that! I can't figure out how or why it does it.

Additional Spam:
And oh, I'm trying to avoid spoilers at all costs, referring to "boss battles" instead of "battle with so-and-so" and the like. The only thing you may find to be a spoiler is that, oh no, there is an "ice area" and a "fire area" in the game! Duh!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Arcubalis; Aug 31, 2007 at 01:08 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
trackjacket
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 22470

Level 13.94

May 2007

Old Sep 10, 2007, 12:38 PM #5 of 7
Haha, so funny that you mention the link title! I didn't actually do it, but perhaps it's embedded somehow when I post the URL that it knows it's originating from that site or something. I am by no means that anal about including that! I can't figure out how or why it does it.
Yeah, it happens when you link to another site. It takes the headline from the site and makes that as the viewable text for the link. You can, of course, edit it if you'd like, so it doesn't appear like it's spam.

Most amazing jew boots
Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old Sep 12, 2007, 12:55 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2007, 09:55 AM #6 of 7
Entry 2 is up if you guys are interested. It covers the first 50% of the game.

Metroid Prime 3 Audio Journal Entry 2

I am approximately 95% through the game, so we'll have the final entry soon, and expect a big surprise soon thereafter...

How ya doing, buddy?
Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:15 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2007, 02:15 PM #7 of 7
Final impressions here:

Metroid Prime 3 Audio Journal: Mission Complete

I enjoyed doing this a lot, despite it being a lot of work. Would anyone be interested in a similar series of features for Mario Galaxy?

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Audio Journal