Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

i hope Epic responds and helps us out
Closed Thread

guildwarsize
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 22095

Level 1.00

Apr 2007

Old Apr 19, 2007, 02:05 AM #1 of 3
i hope Epic responds and helps us out

I'm writing this to help me and everyone who wants to get into the game industry and wishes to know or hear stories on how the guys at epic got their jobs and how they would recommend starting preparing for the industry and what they should do and don’t do.

Please Epic; enlighten us with your stories. (People please ask questions here too... i hope Epic responds and helps us out)

Here are some of my questions i would like to ask,
I love games; I want to be a game designer. I enjoy writing long stories, drawing free hand (mostly faces and bodies) and even photoshoping images and I’m slowly learning how to 3D model (Maya is a bit more friendlier to me... 3D max feels a bit complicated hehe).

But I want to know. How important is Video game schools? Like If there was a program I would take it would be "Game Art & Design" BUT that seems to cost the most money ($21 000 CDN for a one year diploma at Vanarts in Vancouver >.< quite a bit of money). So I want to know... what happens if I train myself with tutorials, books and DVDs (i got a big book for Maya and a couple DVD's) and i recieve the same amount of information and skills as someone would get from school (maybe even more ^_^)? How much will my chances of getting a good video game design job be compared to taking a $20 000 course? Cuz I really want to work for a video game company and the two closest that look fun are Bioware and Silicon Knights (Calgary and St Cathreens, Ontario)... of course I would love to to work for Epic... but I'm sorry, I have no plan in moving to the states yet... hehe.

Also could you recommend any good schools? Like with a decent residence plan in both USA and Canada (I’m just a graduate high school kid here! Hehe)?

Any other questions from others please post them here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 02:09 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 01:09 AM 1 #2 of 3
This is Damian Knight from EPIC games. I'd like to give you a bit of advice: Give up. Just stop trying. Do you know how many people try and get into our company on a yearly basis? Hell, if I were you, I'd wander down to McD's and get me a job flipping burgers.

Or kill myself.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 02:14 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 12:14 AM #3 of 3
Shit kid... I don't know what to tell you. Around here when Damian Knight's foot goes down, THE MAN MEANS BUSINESS.

THE FOOT HAS SPOKEN. THREAD IS CLOSED.

Most amazing jew boots
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > i hope Epic responds and helps us out