Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Do you have your own blog?
Yes, I have and constantly updating them 21 28.77%
Yes, I used to have, but dont really bother to update them anymore 20 27.40%
No, but maybe later on 5 6.85%
No, and I dont have plan to create one 27 36.99%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Do you blog?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:20 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 12:20 AM #1 of 45
Do you blog?

I'm sure everyone agree that activity of blogging has been quite trend in internet culture nowadays. Blogging is much easier compared to creating a website.

At the moment I have two blogs, in the first blog, I constantly write about useful information such as political, internet trends, etc. In the 2nd one, I usually write about my private life (coz it's part of the service, you know, Myspace, friendster, etc)

I think blog is quite useful to voice your opinion both personally or academically. Since entering opinion column in newspaper proven hard, I use blog to voice my opinion, and practicing my writing skill. The other one, the personal blog is usually filled with garbage posts, you know, angsts, rants, etc.

The hardest part is to keep updating your blog I guess, it's need consistency and creative idea to make the readers have interest toward the blog.

So guys, do you blog as well?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Last edited by eriol33; Apr 12, 2007 at 12:38 PM.
(:mb:)
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 21728

Level 1.34

Apr 2007

Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:27 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 05:27 PM #2 of 45
I don't blog as I feel (at this moment anyway) that it's a waste of time and that not many people would careto the point of checking my blog out often.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:34 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 02:04 PM #3 of 45
Sort of...
I just post random rants on my website. I am not a member of a blogging site or anything like that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 02:20 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 12:20 PM #4 of 45
I have a journal I keep elsewhere where occasionally I'll write a thing or two, though all of the entries are private. It's mostly a thing I'll keep so I can see where I was before and see how different it is from what I'm doing now. It's kinda fun to read stuff I wrote 4-5 years ago and think how trivial some of the things I was stressing over actually were (and hopefully remind myself that the same thing is true of 90% of my worries right now).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Genthar
Lieutenant Colonel

Member 14155

Level 9.20

Oct 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 02:21 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 08:21 PM #5 of 45
I post about anything that intrests me at much as possible on average every second day. I stay away from my real life as much a possible and generally adopt the opinion of an slightly unhinged US Marine Colonel. I mainly write about stuff I see in the news, a lot about movies, TV and games - my last major post was a 2500 word review of Neverwinter Nights 2.
Traffic is generally rising with a couple of hundred visitors a week, many admittadly my friends and others are lost in cyberspace and wander in

Most amazing jew boots
"Your friends are just your enemies in reverse" - Gary Busey
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 02:37 PM #6 of 45
I keep a Livejournal and my Chocojournal (where I throw random crap).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 03:53 PM #7 of 45
The closest thing for me is currently my chocojournal where I mainly just post stuff I bought or am currently interested in. I used to write random thoughts down on MSN Live Spaces since no one reads those. Looking back at them, they were pretty trivial concerns to be stressed over. I don't write many notes on Myspace or Facebook since I'm just hooked to my CJ instead.

How ya doing, buddy?
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 05:00 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 04:00 PM #8 of 45
Blogging is not only the only way that I'll actually keep up a journal, but it's a good place to communicate with friends and acquaintances. I have made many friends through blogging, and get quite a few hits and comments every day. It isn't for everyone, but it's the only way that a piece of my school community can stay in easy contact, and has been extremely useful.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 05:07 PM #9 of 45
I went to two blogging services and stopped using them for a good bit before I was introduced to ChocoJournal. CJ is better than all those other services because it's more community oriented and crap. I like the extra features that CJ has as well.

I only post about stuff I am interested in, which tends to be boring but still manages to get replies regardless, haha.

I rarely talk about real life stuff 'cause it's even more boring.

I do miss the ferret mood set in LiveJournal though.

How ya doing, buddy?

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 06:50 PM #10 of 45
Chocojournal is a great place for me dump various thoughts and experiences. I do have a blog, which I use to provide my thoughts in relation to comic books (as it seems that Chocojournal isn't really the place for them).

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 07:59 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 07:59 PM #11 of 45
I don't usually blog, and most of the time I don't feel a need to. The Chocojournal is good for me already when I want some advice or feedback about some situation going on presently, and when I want to vent I usually type something in notepad and store that away on my computer, usually deleting it shortly after. Sometimes it's good to let out your feelings, but not for the whole world to see.

Billy
City of Heroes is the pwnzrs.

Member 21791

Level 3.09

Apr 2007

Old Apr 12, 2007, 09:09 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 03:09 AM #12 of 45
I do not have a blog. If i made one, i'de only get two entry's in and then not bother.

- Billy.

- - - - -
世界是一個討厭的地方. 不要轉動你的後面. - The world is a nasty place. Never turn your back.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:44 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 08:44 PM #13 of 45
It's nice to have something I can go back to read if I ever feel like doing so. Besides the Chocojournal, I have a separate Livejournal that's a little more permanent. I admit that I don't go back to read my older entries for any journal I've had. But it might be interesting to read old entries to see how much I've changed over the years.

Most amazing jew boots
MeTaL_oRgY
Good Chocobo

Member 375

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:27 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 11:27 PM #14 of 45
I do have my own blog and Ikeep it updated as much as I can (life's been quite busy right now). I'm also working on it to use it as a portfolio and small-company website. I've got quite a few jobs with it and am quite pleased with what I've achieved.

Also, the feeling of being able to teach others to do something, to learn from others, to just say "HERE I AM!" and get an answer is good enough for me.

EmpyreanHorizon
The cow is stuck...

Member 2562

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:27 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 04:27 PM #15 of 45
I've got two blogs, one of which i've pretty much totally abandoned (because of personal reasons.) I use the other one to vent out my frustrations on med life when I cannot normally complain to the people I know (hey, we're all stressed...) At the moment, It's our summer vacation so it's been pretty quiet and needs an update.

FELIPE NO
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:15 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 11:15 AM #16 of 45
I'm studying abroad for a year, and since my family and friends bothered me a bit with tons of e-mails asking the same old questions, I decided to make a blog to keep them updated, asking them to only send e-mails when they have questions that aren't answered on the blog. It's a nice way to keep track of all the stuff that I've been doing here, since I'm pretty forgetful, and getting some feedback on the stuff that I do is always appreciated.

For those interested: www.journey-towards-the-rising-sun.blogspot.com
It's in Dutch, but it also has pictures.

LiveTendiser
Holdin Strong

Member 5978

Level 6.41

Apr 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:09 PM #17 of 45
I blog every few weeks. It's a great way to release stress that builds up in the mind. Plus, for me, it's also a great avenue for my friends to keep up on what's going on in my life.

How ya doing, buddy?

Garnet
Princess. ;d

Member 16676

Level 6.41

Dec 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:00 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 07:00 PM #18 of 45
I write in my Livejournal. I was very good at updating it up until I had my baby this year. I really need to start writing in it again. I've got alot to update on. ;p I might start using the Chocjournal on here. ^^ Anyway,I like blogging. It helps my friends keep up with me and helps me keep up with my friends. I also like getting comments to see what other people have to say about hat I was talking about.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 09:16 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 07:16 PM #19 of 45
I tried blogging several times but Chocojournal is the only one I ever regularlly updated or maintained, a lot because of the nice design/layout, features, and great community & comments.

Perhaps I'll try again later on it.

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 02:06 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 08:06 AM #20 of 45
I don't blog because I simply don't have the time. The only "blog" I have is GFF choco journal, but it's not like I update it daily, either.

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 02:39 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 03:39 PM #21 of 45
I used to. But then I got tired of it. I still have the site, but I just update it every other month or so just to keep it alive.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 01:12 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 01:12 PM #22 of 45
The only blogging I really do is in Chocojournal and even that isn't much. On the RARE occasion I have blogged but it doesn't last long. I seem to be too busy writing emails and posting on GFF that I forget to update my blog.

Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 05:41 PM #23 of 45
I wish there had been an option for 'every now and then'. I have a LiveJournal which I mostly use to keep some friends updated on life (as of late its been complaints about how miserable I am), but I dont post something every day. Once a week, if THAT. Depends on what's going on in my life. If things are good, I'll tend to ignore it. Bad... well, its been filling up a lot lately.

I would like to start a 'semi-professional' blog though... it'll help with my writing and provide something for publishers (or at least people considering giving me a job) will have something to look at.

FELIPE NO
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 06:04 PM #24 of 45
I had an LJ account and I hosted my own journal on my webspace. People never read it so I stopped altogether.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:51 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2007, 02:51 PM #25 of 45
I only have a Squaresoft Chicken one on this site called Gamingforce. You may have heard of it, you can go there to find the Squaresoft Chicken Racing OST. It's fun to let people know what you've done during the day at the end of the day via keyboardo's type-fest, it's easier than screaming it out to random people as you do it. "I AM WALKING" "I AM GOING TO THE TOILET"

I've tried other joints, like Bogspot or whatever. Where you post an image via bloody stupid hoop jumping methods, only to have it break the page. Awesome to the max.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Do you blog?