Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Masafumi Takada GDC Interview

Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:47 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 08:47 PM #1 of 4
Masafumi Takada GDC Interview

Caught some time with Takada and Fukuda at GDC. Zane helped out by contributing some questions. Sounds like some sweet stuff is in the works over at GHM. Ran out of time, but "part 2" will come via email, let me know what you guys think!

GDC 2008: Masafumi Takada Interview.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 08:16 AM #2 of 4
A quite interesting read! I'm not very familiar with these composers as I only listened to a few tracks from NMH and Killer7 (there's just too much music out there to keep up with everything), yet this interview aroused my curiosity and I shall explore this direction further. Always encouraging to see new-era composers who respect VGM from the old days and continue to keep alive certain sounds/styles (chiptunes here) while still creating something fresh and modern in the process.

Your questions were original and well-adapted, so good job! Can't wait to read part 2.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:34 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2008, 07:34 AM #3 of 4
Yeah, they're funny guys. Thanks for the feedback. Takada is really outgoing. He opened his GDC talk by explaining that he's the fire safety planner at GHM.

Anyway, if you played NMH and enjoyed the music, I recommend the latest No More Heroes: Dark Side remix album:

Dark Side Review.

And for a summary of the GDC Lecture I mentioned:

GDC 2008: Masafumi Takada Panel.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old Apr 7, 2008, 01:33 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2008, 10:33 AM #4 of 4
Part two of the interview as promised. We talk about the remix album, Dark Side, and some other future works.

Masafumi Takada Interview Part 2.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Masafumi Takada GDC Interview