Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:08 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 02:08 PM #1 of 1941
Seeing as almost 2 years of the life cycle of WOW has already passed is it still worth me getting?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Mar 29, 2006 at 08:24 AM.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 10:25 PM #2 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kaelin
If you have some friends you know playing it, I'd say yes. It's an enjoyable game, and Blizzard does open new non-transfer servers to allow folks to have fresh starts.
More or less all of my buddies play first person shooters unfortunately, is it pretty easy to get into and also is the general population on most servers helpful or a bunch of retards?

Most amazing jew boots
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 09:21 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 03:21 AM #3 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kaelin
It is easy to get into, but because it's a Blizzard game you tend to run into immature players a little more often. Although there's always bad apples in any online game, sometimes WoW's can be pretty horrible. I think the population on most servers differs overall in terms of attitude. Usually the concensus(sp?) is that the Alliance has more of the immature people, while the horde tends to have older, and more sensible folks. Both sides of course have their share of good and bad folks though.

If you don't know anyone else who plays it, you then have to try and find the right guild for your playstyle. It can be difficult with so many guilds on a server, and with new ones popping up overnight only to collapse a short while after. Sometimes there is a sticky in your server's realm forum listing the guilds for the server with their web addresses. You can find out a good deal of information by reading a guild's website and forums most of the time. Playing with others from these guilds will also help you get a good feel for them.

Overall, I'd recommend you give the trial a spin to see if you like it. I didn't know anyone on the PvE realm I rerolled on after deciding that PvP realms were not to my taste, and got lucky enough to find a guild I enjoyed being in, and I have met many people who I now count as friends I know online. Everyone's mileage varies however.
I think I'll go pick up a copy tomorrow, should I start on a more well established high population server or a low population one?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 07:28 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 01:28 AM #4 of 1941
Ok seeing as I just started, I'd rather prefer to commit to one server, although I'm neither inclined towards pve or pvp, which do you think is better?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Apr 2, 2006 at 07:36 PM.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 09:21 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 03:21 PM #5 of 1941
Is it me or do none of the EU WOW Blizz forums ever work properly.

One last question if I may, is it better for me to join a new sever if I want to do end game raids and stuff seeing as most of the guilds on established servers have already done them? Also on pvp servers do you get massive fights or attacks between the 2 factions?

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Apr 4, 2006 at 03:13 PM.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 04:47 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 10:47 PM #6 of 1941
Thank god they opened 3 new realms on the EU severs (pve,pvp,rp) but now I'm in a 3 hour queue

Looks like still quite a few people trying to get in at 11pm, I was hoping it would of died down seeing as I tried at 5pm and it said 5 hours.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Apr 6, 2006 at 04:57 PM.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 06:21 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 12:21 AM #7 of 1941
A few thousand people in this queue Still 500 more to go = 90 minutes, how lame is that.

They should of opened up more realms to avoid the queuing instead of just 1 pvp realm and 1 pve realm, stupid I tell you.

Anybody recommend some good places to get killer UI's.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Apr 6, 2006 at 06:23 PM.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:07 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 11:07 AM #8 of 1941
Originally Posted by Murdercrow
Or better yet, you could just download the Chronos UI mod and get everything you need in one package. <3

EDIT: Crapcakes, I goofed. It's NOT Chronos. Hell, I cant even remember the name of it. It was this gigantic fucking package that gave me a ton of mods, including Chronos and Sea (I think), but I can't remember it now. =(
Do you still have the files?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 09:18 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 03:18 PM #9 of 1941
Or better yet, you could just download the Chronos UI mod and get everything you need in one package. <3

EDIT: Crapcakes, I goofed. It's NOT Chronos. Hell, I cant even remember the name of it. It was this gigantic fucking package that gave me a ton of mods, including Chronos and Sea (I think), but I can't remember it now. =(
I found it, it was called Cosmos, http://www.cosmosui.org/

Jam it back in, in the dark.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 05:01 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 11:01 AM #10 of 1941
http://forums.illidrama.com/showthre...hlight=funeral

Wow... I'm fucking speechless right now.

Somebody dies outside of the game, and somebody organizes a memorial for the person. And then an alliance guild crashes it for NO FUCKING REASON.

Seriously, that's... bullshit. It's the sort of thing that should get accounts closed, IMO. There's PVP, and then there's being a fucking asshole. Somebody DIED, and people who could not afford to organize in any other way had their memorial ruined... why?

It just boggles my mind. I really have to wonder why somebody would do that. If a guild I were in did that, that would be an instant /gquit right there, period. Especially if it were condoned by the officers.
I was told that it was set up from the beginning.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 08:35 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 02:35 AM #11 of 1941
I haven't played WOW in quite a while and due to the patches in the said period I'm having trouble deciding which class to play.

Could anybody give me an idea as to the imbalances between them; I was a Druid wanting to go down the feral route before but they've been nerfed I hear now.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft