Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2007, 04:19 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2007, 02:19 PM #1676 of 1941
lol, I love the mage forums.

"WE GOT NERFED"

"You got the damage tax removed."

"THAT'S AN UN-NERF"

"Ice Barrier and your wards scale."

"TERRIBLY"

"You have a ritual to make water for EVERYBODY in the raid."

"Evocation isn't dependant on your Spirit anymore AND your in-casting regen got buffed to 30% before armors."

"IT DOESN'T RESTORE MY WHOLE MANA BAR WITH A SPIRIT STAFF ANYMORE"

"So use a freaking intellect staff with an intellect enchant!"

"HYPOTHERMIA GOT NERFED BY 15 SECONDS"

"...So?"

"IT COSTS 20 SILVER"

"...YOU MAKE FUCKING 12 GOLD FROM ONE DAILY!"

I mean jesus christ, they're acting as if it's the end of the freaking world. Their PVE damage got buffed majorly, and their PVP survivability went down slightly... for one spec of one class that already shuts down anything without a 41 DPS caster weapon and some with one.

But eh, shaman buffs in pretty much every way, shape, and form. Mana regen is going to be insane (50 MP/5 from Mana Spring, and 600 mana every minute with NO COST from Water Shield, that goes off even if it's dispelled from what I've heard), elemental shaman damage got buffed (since the half-damage on the new Lightning Overload is before spell damage is applied~), enhancement shaman damage got MAJORLY buffed (AP gives +damage to let our shocks scale, 30% threat reduction, etc.), and Resto... well, they get a 2.5 second lightning bolt so that they can put out some half-decent damage.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2007, 09:25 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2007, 09:25 AM #1677 of 1941
WoW Forums -> 2.3 PTR Patch Notes

PTR patch notes for 2.3

Much QQing is had by all on this one. (I like 60m poisons for rogues though, however I had no problem with the 30m ones :| )
Holy... shit. A patch without Paladin nerfs? No way. No fucking way.

Did something happen over at Blizzard that caused them to be like "OH GOD BACKPEDAL GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT!"

Mass cancellations perhaps?

I was speaking idiomatically.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2007, 12:16 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2007, 10:16 PM #1678 of 1941
Pallies are still QQ'ing about threat reduction though.

Valid point, yes, but still.

Blizzard's said though that 2.3 PTRs are gonna be up for a while and that a lot of changes are still to come.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kara Mano Iru
Carob Nut

Member 27513

Level 4.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:21 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2007, 04:21 PM #1679 of 1941
WoW Forums -> 2.3 PTR Patch Notes

PTR patch notes for 2.3

Much QQing is had by all on this one. (I like 60m poisons for rogues though, however I had no problem with the 30m ones :| )
My 70 priest is way happy with this one

Etain of Undermine (horde) - give a holler if you need heals

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Kara Mano Iru; Oct 28, 2007 at 07:29 PM.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2007, 05:10 PM Local time: Nov 10, 2007, 05:10 PM #1680 of 1941
The only problem is that I quit for 6 months and am back into it again due to just boredem. But, uh, yeah, everyone wants to do heroics and I can't cause I do not have the rep which pisses me off. Thats the only problem and I do agree about the Naxx thing.

Though what makes me laugh is how the Troll bow/throw spec actually raises crit chance. Which means, GO GO ROGUE TROLL THROW HAVING USE!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 12:30 PM #1681 of 1941
The rep is fixed today. You only need honored now to get heroic keys.

Patch 2.3 released.

In a nutshell:

Zul'Aman (10 man) live
Pre-BC outdoors elites = normal
Pre-BC instances retuned for a smaller level margin, for more effectiveness. (ie: SFK is now 18-21 instead of 18-27)
Pre-BC dungeon loot reitemized
Leveling made easier from 1-60 with a 1/3rd decrease (I believe) in total experience needed for each level. Quests giving more XP and dungeon monsters giving more XP.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 11:10 AM #1682 of 1941
seems like a big one, there's a few good changes and a few not so good ones.

I like how they finally decided to remove the stupid low level reagent for blind for rogues. It was so annoying. You have to farm level 30 areas for a skill you use all the time. 60m poisons sounds good, but I don't see the point for it, the poisons are cheap to make anyway, and I found 30m usually more then enough time to do the job, plus you know shamans -> poisons.

I'm sort of upset about deathwish though...it's big blow to fury warriors. PvP is going to be a lot harder now, and I can't say i'm too thrilled about sweeping strikes being the replacement, but at least they finally gave fury a threat reduction and WW is win now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
jedi optimus
Everybody's Favorite Transforming Jedi!

Member 5617

Level 4.76

Apr 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 03:21 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 02:21 PM #1683 of 1941
So I got my rogue to 70 and am trying to gear him out some. My guild is in Kara, having issues with curator(lack of good dps in my opinion which is why I leveled my rogue) and I am trying to get better weapons then what I have now. I am combat daggers currently.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r=ursin&n=Thom

where should I get better weapons? I know of 3 exalted faction daggers(keepers of time, consortium, scryer) and the heroic badge off hand dagger. But I am not sure which would be better for me, so I figured I'd ask here. If you guys could help me out i'd appreciate it.

edit: Oh and before anyone suggest getting a better trinket then the uniting charm, I am working on the abacus of violent odds or whatever its called from mech.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 08:26 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 06:26 PM #1684 of 1941
My opinion?

Try a different spec. Combat Swords is always good (or at least better than combat daggers IIRC), and I've heard a lot of good things about AR/Prep/Hemo builds and even Shadowstep (although I think it's more of a PVP build than PVE, not sure).

If you want to stick to daggers, though, I'd say save up badges and grab a Searing Sunblade to put in the OH, and grab a Blade of the Unrequited when it drops from the opera event.

Most amazing jew boots
Sonus
All hail the Campbell.

Member 24292

Level 3.83

Sep 2007

Old Nov 22, 2007, 11:17 PM #1685 of 1941
I hate to admit that I got hooked on this game also, but I have.
Anyone on Lightning's(Lightnings?) Blade - USA?

Alliance - 70 Warlock Cilicantipio (I didn't make up the name. Blizzard did for me.)

Working on a restoration shaman also, sort of.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:05 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2007, 11:05 PM #1686 of 1941
I'm going to be reactivating my account in just a few minutes. Been offline for 3 months now, did an armory search on my characters and apparently my guild kicked me out. I hate my server anyway and plan on leaving it, Kalecgos has a 3 to 1 ratio for Horde vs Alliance. Anyone know of a good PvP server thats at least balanced if not Alliance dominant? I don't wanna go back to being oppressed by Horde again. My toons are a 70 Human Warlock and 54 Draenei Shaman, it would be nice if I can get my Shaman to 70 without being ganked 80 times per level.

UPDATE: Goddamnit! Just as soon as the update finishes downloading, the WoW Account Management section goes down so I can't reactivate. WTF does some higher power not want me to play?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Jujubee; Nov 24, 2007 at 12:18 AM.
Sonus
All hail the Campbell.

Member 24292

Level 3.83

Sep 2007

Old Nov 24, 2007, 03:37 PM #1687 of 1941
My suggestion is to not switch to any server on the Vindication Battle Group. Alliance is horrible in that group.

Take a look at the other Battle Groups here and visit the realm specific forums. So you can get an idea as to which faction is saying they're doing horrible or well.

I am on Lightning's Blade which is part of the Vindication group. And I can definitely vouch that Alliance is getting pimp slapped by Horde everyday. That's just for pug BG groups, though.

FELIPE NO
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 04:29 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 04:29 PM #1688 of 1941
Alliance almost always get beat by horde, because the horde characters skew more towards the PvP player. It's pretty much how it is on every battlegroup in PuGs.

Most amazing jew boots
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2007, 09:51 AM #1689 of 1941
Since some patch (can't remember when) Horde on Vindication have won about 90% of the time in AV and such in the 51-60 level range. (I play on Thunderhorn) I don't know much about 70 BGs since I try to stay away from them anyway. Alliance used to rule the fucking BGs, but I don't know if they mostly leveled up and what we have are people who can't play for shit or what. But I do know that there was massive QQing on the forums about how "HORDE ALWAYS WINS!!111" Not so great when the tables are turned and the terrain advantage doesn't mean shit now, does it?

The new leveling system is pretty cool (from 1-60) and it definitely helps getting those alts you couldn't bear to level, up to speed.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by dagget; Nov 25, 2007 at 09:54 AM.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:30 AM #1690 of 1941
I think I'm going to powerlevel my warlock with my friend's warrior. We've never on at the same time, so I can just keep running myself through SM till I'm done with that--Then do Uldaman, ZF, etc. Shouldn't take too long to get 60 solo.

Also, I've managed to use my lack of a life (since my work schedule/hours don't allow for such things) to level my hunter and warrior to 70 (from 60). So I've now got a rogue, paladin, hunter and warrior at 70. Sad stuff, imo. Why the hell am I considering leveling another?

jedi optimus

Member 5617

Level 4.76

Apr 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 10:06 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2007, 09:06 AM #1691 of 1941
Also, I've managed to use my lack of a life (since my work schedule/hours don't allow for such things) to level my hunter and warrior to 70 (from 60). So I've now got a rogue, paladin, hunter and warrior at 70. Sad stuff, imo. Why the hell am I considering leveling another?
lol. I have 6 70s and am working on 2 alts in their 50s. I have a Warrior, Lock, Mage, Hunter, Rogue, and Shaman. Do it because its something different? Playing my rogue in an instance is so different from my other 70s that it makes the game feel a little new. Although rep/gear grind does suck alot lol.

Sonus
All hail the Campbell.

Member 24292

Level 3.83

Sep 2007

Old Nov 26, 2007, 06:57 PM #1692 of 1941
The new leveling system doesn't seem to have much of an impact on Lv1 characters. I played my Lv1 druid last night and spent about 40mins to an hour getting to level 6. It's about the same rate as before the update.

So, now I wonder at what level range does the new system seem to have an effect.

Edit: Disappointingly, I had this druid sit in Dolanar for months at the inn. Result: rested experience built up only to 1/6 of the next level. I had expected the rested experience to have built up to a more lengthier amount.

Last edited by Sonus; Nov 26, 2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Additional notes.
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 05:17 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 06:17 PM #1693 of 1941
Its official i have joined the whole retail world of warcraft.

Level 10 in Thunderhorn (Horde) priest troll.

So if anyone wanna help a gff'er out give me a holler.

Well i can't actually interact with anyone since i'm still on trial account, i am waiting for my battlechest thing to arrive which got shipped today (it takes a week) so yay!

Most amazing jew boots
jedi optimus

Member 5617

Level 4.76

Apr 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:53 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 07:53 AM #1694 of 1941
The new leveling system doesn't seem to have much of an impact on Lv1 characters. I played my Lv1 druid last night and spent about 40mins to an hour getting to level 6. It's about the same rate as before the update.

So, now I wonder at what level range does the new system seem to have an effect.

Edit: Disappointingly, I had this druid sit in Dolanar for months at the inn. Result: rested experience built up only to 1/6 of the next level. I had expected the rested experience to have built up to a more lengthier amount.
the reduced xp to level change doesnt start till 20-60 although they did say quests 1-60 had their xp reward increased a little.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:26 AM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 05:26 AM #1695 of 1941
Well, this season I hit Gladiator. At last I feel as though I have accomplished something in life.

How ya doing, buddy?
IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 05:59 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 05:59 PM #1696 of 1941
I finally hit 70. yey

Barakobama on Stonemaul. (yes, barack is misspelled.)

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2007, 05:35 AM #1697 of 1941
Its official i have joined the whole retail world of warcraft.

Level 10 in Thunderhorn (Horde) priest troll.

So if anyone wanna help a gff'er out give me a holler.

Well i can't actually interact with anyone since i'm still on trial account, i am waiting for my battlechest thing to arrive which got shipped today (it takes a week) so yay!

If you need a guild, do a search for Scumdogs of Azeroth and give a hollar to whoever may be on. Although I'm inactive right now because I'm starting to move, I should be back not long after I settle in. The people are nice enough in the guild.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:43 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2007, 11:43 AM #1698 of 1941
apparently kostaki is also a member of that specific guild, so i'll message him when i get my cd-key.

Anywho i'm thinking of rolling a BE pally, because my god priest is kinda hard to level when your having massive lags (i don't know why but my ISP is acting bad, i have called them too)

Oh and about purchasing gold online? Is it recommended?

I mean i would love to make a BE with a little heads up in terms of gold.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:16 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2007, 09:16 PM #1699 of 1941
Gold buying? Don't do it, imo. It's risky (you can get your account banned for it), and it's easy enough to make gold on your own.

Take up gathering professions. Herbalism/mining/skinning are GREAT money-makers. Be diligent about collecting gather points. Keep your bags empty when possible (except for hearthstone, spare gear, quest items, etc.), and pick up every gray item you can find. Sell them when you get back. If you run out of inventory space, then prioritize your grays and get back to town ASAP. Vendor trash greens (i.e. stuff with +spirit, mostly, or weapons with no damage stats on them) gray 2-hand weapons > gray 1-hand weapons > gray other gear > full stacks of misc. grays > partial stacks of grays.

There's more to it, especially with the "other gear" part (in general, it's plate > mail > leather > cloth, but it depends; plate bracers sell for less than mail chestplates, for example), but that's the gist.

the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:35 PM #1700 of 1941
To add on to Griffin's post, there are mods out there that will tell you the vendor prices of most (if not all) items, which helps if you do need to prioritize drops and/or quest rewards you're planning on selling. Informant is the one I'm familiar with.

1 2 3 4, get down, get down...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft