Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 07:07 AM #951 of 1941
For starters, we had our first real attempt at Rag last night. Got him to 64% before Sons were summoned. Sons killed us. Had 3 attempts on him before we called it a night, and each time the first wave of the sons were what got us down. So we definately need to work on everyone's FR and gear to try and get better at him.

Then, the oddest thing happened. I logged on my alliance and someone in my guild had invited me to a run a high-end guild was looking for pick-ups to do. I got invited. We were attempting the Prophet Skeram. I have to say I LOVE the music inside AQ and that it was cool to see and attempt a boss like that. We gave it about 4 tries before we gave up. The fights inside AQ 40 were cool and like about 10 mounts fell. (I didn't win one ) When that failed, they then invited me to go to Blackwing Lair with them (!) We were attempting Chrommagus. The fight was pretty cool, but we only had time for one attempt, since people were tired and wanting to go to bed. Got him to 11% before a Tranq shot missed and he just ate the MT up.

I had fun and now two instances I've had myself convinced I'd never see in the game, I've been in. All that's left now is Naxx :P I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

FELIPE NO

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 08:01 AM #952 of 1941
Those mounts drop like candy. The fact that I had 3 out of 4 colors says enough right there. =)

As for rag, I wouldn't say FR is everything. It will make a huge difference, but the sons is the part where you need to pay attention. You have to make sure that they are not near the casters, because they drain their mana. Try to get a shitload of tanks with high FR and let each one tank 1 or 2 of them, as long as you have 1 or 2 healers on you you should be fine.

Positioning in that fight makes a big difference. You can prevent the knockback kills if your careful.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 08:52 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 06:52 AM #953 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
Got him to 11% before a Tranq shot missed and he just ate the MT up.
Have two hunters at a time fire tranq shot. The chance that both will be resisted is minimal at best.

How ya doing, buddy?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 09:47 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 07:47 AM #954 of 1941
As for the Rag fight, I'd also say you need to gear out your DPS a little better. Bloodrite, on their first Rag kill after re-organizing and starting MC again, had Rag down to like 38% before the first wave of Sons.

As for MY luck with raids... well, I've joined a pair of guild alliances that are running ZG and AQ20 (they're up to the Rajaxx fight and have him down to around 8% right now), but because of work and school, I can at most raid Sunday and MAYBE Monday. It sucks, really.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 12:32 PM #955 of 1941
Originally Posted by Six Machine
Have two hunters at a time fire tranq shot. The chance that both will be resisted is minimal at best.
It wasn't my guild that was running it I was just a guest, but from what I saw there were about 6 hunters or so. All I did was go into some corner with other melee, come out and stab Chrom a few times and then run back in before any kind of breaths.

Originally Posted by The_Griffin
As for MY luck with raids... well, I've joined a pair of guild alliances that are running ZG and AQ20 (they're up to the Rajaxx fight and have him down to around 8% right now), but because of work and school, I can at most raid Sunday and MAYBE Monday. It sucks, really.
The guild alliance I'm in has been around in some forms since January. The first incantation of it dissolved pretty fast when one guild started getting mad (who incidentally the raid leader was from that guild) that sign ups happened too fast and that people in that guild were being excluded from coming because of that, while also tired of seeing loot go to the other guilds when they thought all drops should go into their guild. So they got greedy and started turning the allied guild runs into their own personal runs (by making it their guild perferred in the sign ups, instead of anyone in the allied guilds could sign up) when what was left of the allied guilds that ran got them to Major Domo and Rag, they just alienated everyone from the runs except their guild. I wasn't a happy camper that the allied guilds were used that way. Especially since that's exactly what they were NOT created for. :\

About 4 months ago they were re-formed (sans that previous guild) and some guild tried to start that crap again and the leader (who is in a different guild) put a stop that crap fast. Everything couldn't be running smoother with the runs. :P

We're starting BWL in October and even have "alt" MC runs starting on Fridays. At least I have "new" content to tide me over until BC comes out~

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 01:17 PM #956 of 1941
found a cool thing out today, i can solo those elite scarlet guys at hearthglen.

All pretty easy, the priests ones are a pain though :P

lord alexndar's battle axe dropped from one of them.. this morning.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 02:50 PM #957 of 1941
Yeah, I like soloing those and the guys at Tyr's Hand with my rogue. Some nice change drops (20-25s/each is the average) I've yet to find a rare or epic from it though

I was speaking idiomatically.

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 03:30 PM #958 of 1941
lol, i even did highprotector lorik 61elite :P

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 03:41 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 01:41 AM #959 of 1941
Yeah, I'm heading into MC for the first time this Saturday. I really should do some BRD runs to get better fire resist (sitting at an amazing 33 resist unbuffed), but I haven't had too much time lately. =(

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully with any luck I can get some drops, although I doubt I will.

FELIPE NO
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 08:12 AM #960 of 1941
Yeah, I'm heading into MC for the first time this Saturday. I really should do some BRD runs to get better fire resist (sitting at an amazing 33 resist unbuffed), but I haven't had too much time lately. =(

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully with any luck I can get some drops, although I doubt I will.
While Fire Resist helps on Ragnaros, it really is not required. I think on our first try, I had about 50 fire resistance and managed to live through the fight. \

Dagget it sounds like you guys need to up your DPS to kill Rag faster. Right now we are at the point of killing him before the sons come out, and even when we first tried him, we were getting him down to 35-40%. Prophet Skeram is a pain in the ass to do, especially when people are retarded on that fight. Overall its probably the 2nd easiest AQ fight though. I will say it is ashame you might nto see more of AQ before the expansion. I still think the single most fun boss fight in the game so far is the Twin Emps fight once you learn you. Im sure the fun will be taken out of it after the expansion so its ashame for anyone to miss out on that

Anyway, we have C'thun almost down, but it got too late and people had to go to bed. We have just about killed everything in Naxx that we can do at this point (Loatheb, Gothik, Heigan, Horsemen ..we aren't ready for yet) but are being cockblocked by Patchwerk and the insane DPS you need for him. Closest we got was a fullly buffed attempt and he was down to 16%. Hopefully we get him this week.

Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 08:27 AM #961 of 1941
So guys, after playing WoW for a few months, first character and such..

Character Sheet

Give me a general rating or something.. How's my gear, what should I do to make it better.. You're all pros so, /assist

How ya doing, buddy?

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 09:21 AM #962 of 1941
Alright for starters you need to change your talents. Beastmastery is just shit, it really is.

Survival is always good to get lightning reflexes and a bunch of other decent stuff along the way. Marksmanship is good too, but I personally wouldn't go farther then aimed shot, 15 points? (no idea)

Your gear seems alright you know that agi = win for hunters. Your stamina is a bit low though. Try to get some stamina. you can get like 500 health just from enchants. 100 health on head and legs, 7 stamina on boots, 100 health on chest. 9 stamina on bracers.

Later you can easily replace them with agility enchants, but with your gear you need a health boost. Later on with the right gear and the health talent, fully raid buffed hunters can easily get 7000 health.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 09:35 AM #963 of 1941
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=cE000xxZViohtht <--pve
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=mZtVohtZcwibohhx <--pvp

Thats what I was using.

Originally Posted by Knighthawk
Anyway, we have C'thun almost down, but it got too late and people had to go to bed. We have just about killed everything in Naxx that we can do at this point (Loatheb, Gothik, Heigan, Horsemen ..we aren't ready for yet) but are being cockblocked by Patchwerk and the insane DPS you need for him. Closest we got was a fullly buffed attempt and he was down to 16%. Hopefully we get him this week.
Needs more earthstrike!

Last edited by immp; Sep 19, 2006 at 09:38 AM.
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:32 AM #964 of 1941
Originally Posted by Xellos
Alright for starters you need to change your talents. Beastmastery is just shit, it really is.

Survival is always good to get lightning reflexes and a bunch of other decent stuff along the way. Marksmanship is good too, but I personally wouldn't go farther then aimed shot, 15 points? (no idea)

Your gear seems alright you know that agi = win for hunters. Your stamina is a bit low though. Try to get some stamina. you can get like 500 health just from enchants. 100 health on head and legs, 7 stamina on boots, 100 health on chest. 9 stamina on bracers.

Later you can easily replace them with agility enchants, but with your gear you need a health boost. Later on with the right gear and the health talent, fully raid buffed hunters can easily get 7000 health.

So, if I do a respec, I'm giong to keep my 5 in imp aspect of the hawk, keep the ones in marks, but.. survival? Im still a 'noob' as far as I'm concerned, I'm also not very rich, to be able to aford enchants, and the thing is, Im still working on getting beastmaster/stalker set, so if I spend the gold to enchance stuff, it'llbe a waste when I get better geared. Not to mention the mats needed for those enchants.. =/

Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:30 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 10:30 AM #965 of 1941
Anyone play Alliance on Kalecgos? I just reactivated my account, 60 Lock, most likely guildless now since I left for almost 2 months.

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:09 PM #966 of 1941
ownt

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:10 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 10:10 AM #967 of 1941
Hunters... hrrm.

First off, disregard Xellos. The problem with Beast Mastery is NOT a lack of quality. A freshly-dinged 60 BM hunter is as powerful as a freshly-dinged Marksman or Survival hunter.

The problem with Beast Mastery is that a fully-decked out, best-gear-in-the-game Beast Mastery hunter is a peon compared to a Marksmanship or Survival hunter in the same gear.

With BM, your damage comes primarily from your pet. However, when you go on raids, another hunter put it best:

"Okay, so I go to kill Onyxia and I get a shiny that I can put to good use, but Rufus... he gets to see the sights and that's it."

On that note, Warlocks are getting yet ANOTHER buff in TBC. A forum CM confirmed two things recently: HOTs will now stack, and pets will scale with gear.

Jesus Christ, this is getting insane. First they give Unstable Affliction a five-second silence on top of an excellent DOT that can't be dispelled without punishment, while simultaneously buffing the tree needed to get to that talent (granted, it needed fixing), then they confirm that a Felguard is (from what I can remember) "Warrior in a Can," and now they're giving their pets scaling?

Felhunter is already the most overpowered pet in the game, for Christ's sake. It doesn't need a buff.

FELIPE NO
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:14 PM #968 of 1941
yay, sounds good to me.. im rolling a BE lock anyway.

Elidibs
deeder deeder deeder deeder

Member 1308

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:32 PM #969 of 1941
ALSO... it appears more people are getting their accounts hacked. Another person from our server got hacked. He just hit High Warlord last week, this week he logs on his character and everything that can be D/Ed and vendored, was on all his characters. GG. He's hoping to get his stuff back soon, but I've heard where it takes up to a month and even then it depends on the person who handles your case. Some people get their shit back, others get a big whopping 150g.
Not sure if this's been mentioned in the thread ( not reading through it~ ), but they're keylogger scams. Look at the url's displayed on clickable links; if it ends in .html.jpg or something, then it's a keylogger. Gold farmers do it to get gold faster. :/
Really sucks that people not related to Blizzard can't test. But hey, if anyone finds a torrent, PM me and whoever the hell had that idea in the first place.
Hope they implement the housing soon. If any of you use the Model Viewer download you'll see that they'd planned it or...something. I dunno.

How ya doing, buddy?
cuss words
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:33 PM #970 of 1941
Recently there have been a lot of accounts hacked on thunderhorn, as I'm sure on other servers as well. It's starting to make me a bit weary. I've been running Process Guard, Spy Bot, AdAware. Any other programs I need to try and get my hands on to search for trojans that may have got on my PC before I got Process Guard?

I quit going to Allakhazam, don't go on suspicous links through the warcraft forums and I use the Warden Warcraft sets up when you start up the game. I don't have much, but what I do have I really don't want hakers and gold sellers to get a hold of. :\

lol Elid. you scared me, I was about to say "how the fuck did he quote me and I haven't even had this post up 10 seconds."

Yeah, I don't go to those links, they usually have descriptions like "LOL D&T FAIL AT 4 HORSEMEN!!" or something stupid. Then again it helps that I just don't care about D&T and ignore anything related to them at all

I should add that at least 3-4 accounts have been hacked since the quoted post I made above. :\

Last edited by dagget; Sep 19, 2006 at 12:40 PM.
Elidibs
deeder deeder deeder deeder

Member 1308

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:42 PM #971 of 1941
Recently there have been a lot of accounts hacked on thunderhorn, as I'm sure on other servers as well. It's starting to make me a bit weary. I've been running Process Guard, Spy Bot, AdAware. Any other programs I need to try and get my hands on to search for trojans that may have got on my PC before I got Process Guard?

I quit going to Allakhazam, don't go on suspicous links through the warcraft forums and I use the Warden Warcraft sets up when you start up the game. I don't have much, but what I do have I really don't want hakers and gold sellers to get a hold of. :\

lol Elid. you scared me, I was about to say "how the fuck did he quote me and I haven't even had this post up 10 seconds."

Yeah, I don't go to those links, they usually have descriptions like "LOL D&T FAIL AT 4 HORSEMEN!!" or something stupid. Then again it helps that I just don't care about D&T and ignore anything related to them at all

I should add that at least 3-4 accounts have been hacked since the quoted post I made above. :\
There was one with a super-homogay description about Kel'Thuzad running. :/ And damn. So~ Anyone heard the new BC voices? Could someone verify if we're getting more character customization options? I don't like my lock; she looks boozed.

cuss words
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 04:20 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 07:20 PM #972 of 1941
Originally Posted by Elidibs
There was one with a super-homogay description about Kel'Thuzad running. :/ And damn. So~ Anyone heard the new BC voices? Could someone verify if we're getting more character customization options? I don't like my lock; she looks boozed.
Humans males are still the worst. I'm sure every male human Warlock, Mage, Priest and Rogue all pump iron every week. I would so go back to playing my Mage if he didn't look as built as he does.

Shifty
Wark!

Member 1495

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:56 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 08:26 PM #973 of 1941
If you're not critical to the raid you should be fine. But if you're a healer or melee class you would want to work on it (especially for the future, if you end up stepping into BWL). I ended up as a MT healer for Rag and had 150 FR unbuffed. It was great fun resisting just about everything, as my fellow healers explode right in front of me...

ramonster
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12823

Level 1.00

Sep 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 10:55 AM #974 of 1941
Hey Kelor/Hazelguy...

Interesting things you write here...

You know if you didn't wanna raid with us instead of making up ridiculous bullshit like you did you could've been 1/2 a man and just said "guys im gonna go to another server c u". Guess what we all think of you now?

And yeh ReBorn is doing great check it out guildreborn.com.au I hope you're having even 1/2 as much fun as we are, even with our retard roll system and 6/7 day raiding retards.

Basically Kelor... FUCK YOU MATE. And what the hell kinda nick is "Hazelguy" you goddamn fag.

Last edited by ramonster; Sep 20, 2006 at 11:00 AM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:14 AM #975 of 1941
=o Ramonster! Where did you find us at?!?! >_>

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft