Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:25 AM #876 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
So I join a group running LBRS tonight. About a half hour later, we FINALLY find a mage and a hunter (had me, a warrior, and a druid), and we head over. Eventually, the mage says "Hey, my GM wants to come along as well to help us out, but if he comes we can't do any quests." Meh, I figure. I'll get them done another time. He joins up, and a shadow priest (<3 shadow priests) comes along as well.

Smoothest. Run. Ever. Literally 3 deaths in the entire run. Not a single wipe. And on top of that, two pieces of the Elements dropped (the boots and the cord; boots are... meh. Very, very, meh), and like 3-4 Valor bracers dropped as well... but I didn't win a single one.

Aside from that, though, not much dropped for me. I'm stoked about getting the Elements drops, though. Now I can actually continue my Tier .5 quest. ='D

Wait...Smooth run is 3 deaths? LBRS is pretty easy, even with just 5 people going along. I think the only challenging part is the Firebrand people if you pull more then you can handle.

Ditch the .5 stuff and just try to do some ZG or AQ20 runs, the tier 0 and .5 stuff is really lame and definatly not worth what you have to do to upgrade it (although doing it the first time is fun as Lord Vathalak is one of my favorite fights).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:07 PM #877 of 1941
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
Wait...Smooth run is 3 deaths? LBRS is pretty easy, even with just 5 people going along. I think the only challenging part is the Firebrand people if you pull more then you can handle.

Ditch the .5 stuff and just try to do some ZG or AQ20 runs, the tier 0 and .5 stuff is really lame and definatly not worth what you have to do to upgrade it (although doing it the first time is fun as Lord Vathalak is one of my favorite fights).
Not everyone can be in an uber-l33t guild that has everything on farm status. Some people still have to rely on pugs to do stuff with.

heh, I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just saying that sometimes people still have to rely on PUGs to get shit done. :P

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by dagget; Aug 29, 2006 at 12:22 PM.
peeack
Good Chocobo

Member 443

Level 18.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:13 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 03:13 AM #878 of 1941
Hey does Galen play a female human rogue? If so I saw him in some cross battleground shenanigans one day, I dotted him!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
<33
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 01:00 PM #879 of 1941
I'm looking for a mod that records the rolls done. It sends a whisper to each person of their roll and says somethine like "Your roll was recorded as a 42" or something like that. Then after all the rolls happen there's a phrase done that say something like "dagget has won with a 42!" I tired to find something like that on curse-gaming, but no luck.

How ya doing, buddy?

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 01:12 PM #880 of 1941
ahhh.. least you all get to play *today*

My server is getting new hardware.. so its gonna be offline all day, and some of tomorrow

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 01:22 PM Local time: Aug 29, 2006, 06:22 PM #881 of 1941
SO much love for warlocks. To be honest, there's nothing bad added in that tree, and I will be very happy when the expansion is released.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
khan0plinger

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:41 PM #882 of 1941
Fucking Nefarian..

drops double Wrath BP and double

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=19363

what a bitchface...

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 02:46 AM #883 of 1941
Fucking Nefarian..

drops double Wrath BP and double

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=19363

what a bitchface...

rofl. Happy warriors make happy tanks. :P

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:30 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 01:30 AM #884 of 1941

A) My server is from January of '06. And an RP server. The top Horde guild is just starting BWL, and working on AQ20. Tier 0 and Tier .5 is literally the best stuff I can reasonably get without joining a raiding guild (which I don't wanna do because it would mean leaving my current guild, which isn't large enough for 5-mans, much less raids, not to mention the strict raid schedules and likely requirement of speccing Resto).

B) I'm still 59. My chances of getting in a ZG run, especially geared as I am at the moment, are next to nil.

C) Those 3 deaths are compared to a Scholo run I'd done earlier, which had multiple wipes, around 6-7 people joining and leaving at various parts (by the time we finished, the only people left who were in the original group were me and the tank), and it was my first run of the place ever. So yeah, it was pretty damn smooth.

khan0plinger

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:10 PM #885 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
rofl. Happy warriors make happy tanks. :P
One of each piece was sharded though...the first Nefarian kill where we sharded half the loot. We have about 8 warriors in guild, I would say 5 are geared up to tank the others for DPS. I would personally take the wrath gear even if I was DPS in that one offchance that I might have to tank something one day.

How ya doing, buddy?
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 07:10 PM #886 of 1941
Warriors using that axe for TANKING need to learn2play or better yet quit the game. I did BWL for like a year and never saw nef drop that axe...ever. If I had to see that go to a warrior who is protection i would cry.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
khan0plinger

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:14 AM #887 of 1941
We only have one full protection speced warrior, all others have enough points in protection but have talents allotted elsewhere. 2 people in guild have that axe now, no one else wanted it for some reason. Just about every warrior has a decent tanking weapon (Quel or better) and our maintank usually tanks with Thunderfury (unless on fights where the proc aggros nonaggressive adds ala Twin Emps). I would of taken the axe if rogues could use axes, its a pretty sick weapon.

Warrior week continues as just about every drop in AQ last night was something for a warrior.

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=52780

Three fury warriors are now MHing these, its pretty ridiculous because one of our rogues who transferred said he did AQ for two months and never saw one drop and we have seen 5.

FELIPE NO
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:43 AM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 09:43 AM #888 of 1941
Damn. That's a pretty nice Hemo weapon there... shame that no rogues were able to pick one up.

Of course, hemo is a "meh" raiding spec at best... but still.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 03:50 PM #889 of 1941
Picked up that Dungeon Comp. guide at Best Buy today. Got the last one they had. It's up-to-date as of Patch 1.10, no Naxx map but T3 armor is listed. They really should have done a better job of organizing the drops from the bosses in the instances, but eh. It looks to be a pretty good sit-down-and-glance when the power's out, or waiting on raid time. It lists all the set pieces that fall in the instances like the main sets as well as the secondary sets (Like Deathbone and sets from AQ/ZG)

My Shaman hit 55 this morning, and probably will hit 56 coming up today. The grind is tedious but for some reason it's going a lot smoother now. If I can hit 60, he'll be my 3rd 60 and I'll be able to either work on my Mage or Hunter (haven't decided which to level yet)

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 03:52 PM #890 of 1941
hemo is pretty shit for raiding, i've tried it myself. Probably nothing beats good old blade flurry/adrenaline rush.

That weapon is nice alright. Seen it drop twice.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 06:06 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 09:06 AM #891 of 1941
Originally Posted by Xellos
hemo is pretty shit for raiding, i've tried it myself. Probably nothing beats good old blade flurry/adrenaline rush.

That weapon is nice alright. Seen it drop twice.
Our raid leader in ZG was a rogue and she popped open a hoodoo pile for the doll, got MC'd, popped blade flurry and adrenaline rush and managed to tear apart 3 mages, a priest and another rogue who was unfortunate enough to be in the area when she opened it.

Then once we've cleared all the bosses and mobs up to the temple, rolling server restart. o.O

I had to log but the managed to down Hakkar later on after the reset.

khan0plinger

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 12:08 PM #892 of 1941
Awesomeness! We finally managed to down the Twin Emps last night, which turned out to be surprisingly easy based on how our last attempts before was. You know, as much as I hate AQ40 trash pulls some of the boss fights are awesome. The Twin Emps fight was actually fun, which I guess makes up for how f'n lame Skeram and Sartura are. We are making a serious attempt at C'thun this Saturday but I have my doubts about being able to do it.

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:05 AM #893 of 1941
I wouldn't classify twins as easy even if you mastered the tactic. You still need 100% focus of a lot of people. If DPS stay too long it's over, if tanks don't move it's over. If tanks die it's over.

C'thun is even harder to learn. That stupid phase 1 eye beam gets so many people...your going to have to be patient for a while.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 05:41 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 03:41 PM #894 of 1941
Wait until people get thrown into his stomach and flip the fuck out, then die.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 06:50 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 04:50 PM #895 of 1941
YES. I have FINALLY hit 60 on my shammy.

About. Fucking. Time. ='D

FELIPE NO
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 03:51 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 03:51 AM #896 of 1941
I decided to finally quit the game tonight for good. I'll be logging back on Thunderhorn one last time to pay a little homage to my characters, tell everyone what I'm going to be doing, and that'll be the end of it. For the reasoning behind it, I'll simply leave it as what I typed in the "explain why you're leaving" box.

"The reason I'm quitting this time, for the last time, is quite clear. I don't have months of my life to throw away obtaining an online PVP rank or rough data that could be all be gone from me in a moment's notice. Life has become much more precious to me than getting my next epic drop, and I'm done. I thank you for your game being around to teach me that I don't want to be stuck in front of a computer screen any longer playing in an online world when the real world is infinitely more expansive.

Thank you."

The friends I've made in the game will never disappear even if I disappear from the game. I'm a fool for not realizing that up to now.

This shall be the last time I post in this thread even though I didn't post much, everyone enjoy the expansion to the best of your abilities.

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 04:35 PM #897 of 1941
Here's some interesting shit to check out:

http://www.worldofraids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=216

http://www.worldofraids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217

HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 04:05 AM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 07:05 PM #898 of 1941
Everytime I see links to that site I think it says World of Aids.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:09 AM #899 of 1941
Also see this...
http://www.wowexposed.de.vu/

Crackelf....discuss

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 02:25 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 12:25 PM #900 of 1941
Criminy, are they TRYING to make the guns look like something straight out of a sci-fi movie?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft