Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Final Fantasy XII

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 03:57 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 01:57 PM #576 of 4284
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
It's basically a yes or no answer. :/
Anything to do with endings doesn't belong here. I don't care if there is an absence of names or events pertaining directly to FFXII, but one may get too carried away and inadvertantly post spoiler material in this non-spoiler thread. Since you're inclinded to talk about how the ending goes about...

Goes where? Goes here.

Quote:
So, for the sake of curiosity, did this omen prove true? Does FFXII's ending deliver on a proper closure (FFIX), or is it a "we have no idea how to end it so we'll just let you figure it out" type of ending (FFVII)? Keep it spoiler-free of course.

On that note, I'm also real curious about peoples' claims about how the main character basically becomes left out of the story. What exactly does this mean? Does he get no development? Does he dissapear from the storyline entirely? Or does it turn out he isn't really the main character? Again, please keep it as spoiler-free as possible.
Even though you want to keep it spoiler free, the very nature of your discussion will lead to some body blurting out a spoiler, and I can't see how these questions of yours cannot be answered sans spoilers, SOLDIER.

Most amazing jew boots

- What we all do best -
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:52 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 09:52 AM #577 of 4284
Okay I am gonna try my best to answer those questions without spoilers... but as Spatula said, its really hard to answer some of the questions without explaining to the extent that you can probably guess the plot >_<

But what I have to say before answering is, play the game your self and judge it upon your own experience. There are positive and negative comments about FFXII, don't listen to any crap like that coz it will bias your opinion when you play FFXII (NA version).

I have also spoilers within spoilers for things that I think will truely spoil the game.

So, for the sake of curiosity, did this omen prove true? Does FFXII's ending deliver on a proper closure (FFIX), or is it a "we have no idea how to end it so we'll just let you figure it out" type of ending (FFVII)? Keep it spoiler-free of course.
... How am I suppose to answer a 'yes' or 'no' here? A LITTLE will be the closest answer.
More details on why I said 'a little', no characters mentioned so its semi-spoiler:
What I can say about FFXII's ending is that, it will left you pondering what happends to everyone after the game! Even thou a there are few hints here and there about everyone's fate, but it doesn't go to the extend to see them achieving that goal. Little conclusion means, IMO, the war ended (gasp! is that a spoiler?), everyone went back to their lives (OMG! how typical), reminiscence of what happend (typical FF ending)... but what happend to the characters?... I wanna know!
My personal opinion:
So as my personal opinion, i feel empty after playing the game... like nothing is truely completed. Feels like no closure/minimal closure on the story. Also because of the lack in character and character development, you sort of don't really feel for them except fustration at stages within the game.

On that note, I'm also real curious about peoples' claims about how the main character basically becomes left out of the story. What exactly does this mean? Does he get no development? Does he dissapear from the storyline entirely? Or does it turn out he isn't really the main character? Again, please keep it as spoiler-free as possible.
..., NO, NO, YES.
Thats your very direct answer i guess ^ ^
Semi-spoiler on character development:
As for character developement, as you play through the game, you will soon realise who is actually playing the 'real' game and handling the situation within the chaos. There are a few characters, which their participation are extremly low. They seems just to tag along in this big advanture with little or no purpose at all.
All characters gets developments, but some have much more indepth script on their history and affects on how the story progress.
Spoiler about the main character's role in FFXII:
Vaan the wanna-be-sky-pirate, unfortunatly got hired to do a lonely job in the game. At the beginning we get into his perspective on how he sees the world of Ivalice, but once the major plot crawls in... Vaans role becomes engulfed by everything. At times during the game, he only say a few words or less... like the party needs him just for the 'extra protection'. As I stated before in the previous spoiler, Vaan's character relationship with others are low. Which made me feel less attached to him at the end of the game. Even Penelo have more cameos in the game and she actually 'ends' the game of FFXII... *sigh*

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:33 PM #578 of 4284
I won't look at those spoilers, I've gone about as far as I'm willing to venture. I hope in any case, anything involving the main character or his role will be unique and interesting.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:55 PM #579 of 4284
Originally Posted by Technophile
For those of you who have played the game for a good while now, how are you liking the music? How does it compare to the previous FFs? What I heared on the demo seemed forgettable...
Well I've been playing the import whenever I find the time now and I must say it's like FFT all over again. So fantastic.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 08:40 PM #580 of 4284
*Casually kicking this thread a bit*

Do any of you know fansites that are regularly updating it with various in-game video/gameplay footage? I'm looking more for battle sequences with regular enemies. I'm not looking for spoiler footage (ie CG sequences) since those generally are driving the story forward and may contain spoilers. For example:
Aries:
Yeah, she dies.

How ya doing, buddy?

- What we all do best -
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 04:50 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 10:50 AM #581 of 4284
Originally Posted by Spatula
*Casually kicking this thread a bit*

Do any of you know fansites that are regularly updating it with various in-game video/gameplay footage? I'm looking more for battle sequences with regular enemies. I'm not looking for spoiler footage (ie CG sequences) since those generally are driving the story forward and may contain spoilers. For example:
Aries:
Yeah, she dies.
Erm don't think so... why don't you play in demo? Visit gametrailers.com and watch one of demo videos or Famitsu Wave DVD rip for boss fights.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:35 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 09:35 AM #582 of 4284
Because I didn't get DQVIII? >_>

First boss fight:
Is this Boss Fight one on Famitsu Wave showing the first one where you play as Lex?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -
Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:49 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 08:49 AM #583 of 4284
Lex o_O? I dunno where you got the name from. But in the Phon Coast, your main leader is Van and your party consists of Panelo and Basch. And the Stilshrine of Miriam, your leader is Ashe. And your party consists of Fran and Balflear (Balthier).

FELIPE NO
~Fav Radiant Dawn Character~
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:02 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 10:02 AM #584 of 4284
Regarding the VERY first person you control in the game:
I thought in the VERY beginning, after the opening cutscene, you are this teenage boy who follows Basche around the castle and that's where you learn the basics of combat? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was my impression from reading material from other sites.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

- What we all do best -
Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:48 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 08:48 PM #585 of 4284
Spoiler:
Yeah, that'd be Rex/Recks/Lex/Lecks. The first Boss dies off very fast, so I cannot remember it clearly, but I think it was some kind of long machine.

Most amazing jew boots
I'm a placeholder. I'm there to unnecessarily waste your bandwith and annoy the shit out of you. Too bad that I'm too small to make any difference.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 03:13 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 09:13 PM #586 of 4284
Originally Posted by Tequila
Spoiler:
Yeah, that'd be Rex/Recks/Lex/Lecks. The first Boss dies off very fast, so I cannot remember it clearly, but I think it was some kind of long machine.
Spoiler:
Yeah it's Reks. First boss fight is with team like 5-6 people. It's short and all you do is stand and watch or hit him with minor damage.

"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 03:49 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 01:49 PM #587 of 4284
Originally Posted by B4-Hunter
Spoiler:
Yeah it's Reks. First boss fight is with team like 5-6 people. It's short and all you do is stand and watch or hit him with minor damage.
The dude other than vaan that you start with:
So this is indeed the first part that you play right in the game then? Yeah I saw this quite a few time already. It looks like you fight one of the fighter-probe like things

- What we all do best -
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 05:03 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 11:03 PM #588 of 4284
Originally Posted by Spatula
The dude other than vaan that you start with:
So this is indeed the first part that you play right in the game then? Yeah I saw this quite a few time already. It looks like you fight one of the fighter-probe like things
Spoiler:
Yeah it's first moment when you get controle over playable charcter but only for like 20 min then he... well you'll see =). You meet other character that will be playable in further game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 07:17 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 04:17 AM #589 of 4284
Is the story as complex and full of mistery as VI and VII? I hope the score is a WHOLE lot better than those lame ass tracks they chose on the trailer and the X ost. Was Nobuo composing this one as well? All the OST news on fanpages have another composer on it.???

Saga
Syklis Green

Member 3126

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:31 PM #590 of 4284
I have to say that this FFXII is by miles the best of ALL the series. The battle system , the graphics and the Story line are really good , the Story line might not be as great as FFVII but is great anyway I can expend ages fighting without getting bored which is what you need for enjoy a RPG game

My top 3 :

FF XII
FF Tactics
FF VII

excuse the shait english :/
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 04:59 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 03:59 PM #591 of 4284
Originally Posted by Elrasiel
Is the story as complex and full of mistery as VI and VII? I hope the score is a WHOLE lot better than those lame ass tracks they chose on the trailer and the X ost. Was Nobuo composing this one as well? All the OST news on fanpages have another composer on it.???
Emo fanboy much?

The only contribution Nobuo Uematsu made to the FFXII soundtrack was the vocal theme, Kiss Me Good-Bye, which he wrote the music for. (The lyrics were written by the vocalist, Angela Aki.)

FELIPE NO
Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 08:19 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 05:19 PM #592 of 4284
So the first Finaly Fantasy score he didn't compose. That means it's weaker than the X ost? I already wonderer why it did sound so akward and uninspired. So not Uematsu-Style :-(

How ya doing, buddy?
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 08:23 PM #593 of 4284
The music in FFT and Vagrant Story was amazing so I really doubt it'll be any different with this game. Sakimoto does some very memorable tracks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 09:23 PM #594 of 4284
Originally Posted by Elrasiel
So the first Finaly Fantasy score he didn't compose. That means it's weaker than the X ost? I already wonderer why it did sound so akward and uninspired. So not Uematsu-Style :-(
...FF fanboy much?

I think the main FF franchise has been due for a kickstart for awhile now. The formula's gotten old and worn out. I love the fresh look and feel of FFXII. It's just new. I think I might've turned a blind eye to FFXII up until the game's stateside release had it contained the traditional FF staples. That's how bored I am with the franchise.

And that includes Uematsu's music. Don't get me wrong, I love Uematsu's music to death, but attaching his name to every FF in existence is a little over-the-top.

CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 02:42 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 03:42 PM #595 of 4284
Personally I liked the music, even though its not uematsu-isque style. It is good that FF starts to change, instead of the same formular used again and again. Tatic composer, Sakimoto, did a wonderful job of brining few of the scenarios alive with his music, especially the battle musics ^^

As for the plot, its not of a tragic type... the rest you will just need to find out yourself in November

Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 04:27 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 01:27 PM #596 of 4284
Speaking of FFXII. Here's the tracks of the OST .

Spoiler:
Disc 1

01) Loop Demo
02) FINAL FANTASY ~FFXII Version~
03) Opening Movie (Theme of FINAL FANTASY XII)
04) Infiltration
05) Boss Battle
06) Auditory Hallucination
07) Secret Practice
08) Small Happiness
09) Royal Capital Rabanastre / City Upper Ground
10) Penelo's Theme
11) Dream of Becoming a Sky Pirate
12) Little Villain
13) The Dalmasca Estersand
14) Level Up!
15) Naiveté
16) Coexistence (Imperial Version)
17) Symptoms of Change
18) Mission Start
19) Rabanastre Downtown
20) Mission Failure
21) Peaceful Determination
22) The Dalmasca Westersand
23) Clan Headquarters
24) Small Bargain
25) Giza Plains
26) Separation with Penelo
27) The Garamscythe Waterway
28) Sign
29) Riot
30) The Nalbina Fortress Town Area

Disc 2

01) The Princess' Vision
02) The Strike of a Blade
03) Victory Fanfare ~FFXII Version~
04) Abyss
05) Dark Clouds (Imperial Version)
06) Promise with Balthier
07) Game Over
08) The Nalbina Fortress Underground Prison
09) Barbarians
10) Battle Drum
11) Theme of the Empire
12) Chocobo FFXII Arrange Ver.1
13) The Barheim Passage
14) Sorrow (Liberation Army Version)
15) Basch's Reminiscence
16) Coexistence (Liberation Army Version)
17) The Skycity of Bhujerba
18) Secret of Nethicite
19) Dark Night (Imperial Version)
20) Speechless Fight
21) The Dreadnought Leviathan Bridge
22) Challenging the Empire
23) State of Urgency
24) Agitation (Imperial Version)
25) The Tomb of Raithwall

Disc 3

01) Large Sandsea
02) Esper Battle
03) Sorrow (Imperial Version)
04) Seeking Power
05) Fight to the Death
06) Jahara, Land of the Garif
07) Ozmone Plain
08) The Golmore Jungle
09) Eruyt Village
10) You Really Are a Child...
11) Chocobo ~FFXII Version~
12) A Threat Drawing Near
13) Clash on the Big Bridge ~FFXII Version~
14) Abandoning Power
15) The Stilshrine of Miriam
16) Time of Rest
17) White Room
18) The Salikawood
19) The Phon Coast
20) Destiny
21) The Sochen Cave Palace
22) An Hour of Rest
23) Neighbourhood of Water
24) The Mosphoran Highwaste

Disc 4

01) The Cerobi Steppe
02) Esper
03) The Port City of Balfonheim
04) Nap
05) The Zertinan Caverns
06) Ground of Recollection
07) The Forgotten Capital
08) The Feywood
09) Ashe's Theme
10) Giruvegan Enigma
11) To the Place of Gods
12) Beginning of the End
13) To the Summit
14) Sky Fortress Bahamut
15) Shaking Bahamut
16) Battle for Freedom
17) Final Battle
18) Ending Movie
19) Kiss Me Good-Bye -featured in FINAL FANTASY XII-
20) Symphonic Poem "Hope" ~FINAL FANTASY XII PV ver.~
21) Theme of FINAL FANTASY XII (Presentation Version)

How ya doing, buddy?
~Fav Radiant Dawn Character~
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 03:28 PM #597 of 4284
Excellent, Disc 4 Track 20 is one of my favorites so far.

- What we all do best -
Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 08:54 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 05:54 PM #598 of 4284
Ok I will give it a try if they would FINALY RELEASE IT HERE (thanksgivin is sooooooo far away...). I really like the one to vagrant story. The OST has already been released? Didn't knew that.

CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 03:00 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 04:00 PM #599 of 4284
Nope, release at end of May (31st)... dunno why there was the delay, but I ain't too happy about how SE is delaying a lot of their products recently!

I have just noticed, when have SE start ordering their OST tracks according to their flow/sequence of the game? Have they been doing it since the beginning? coz I am sure back in FFI, II, III OST most of their tracks are jumbled up, not ordered to their track appearance?

FELIPE NO
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 03:04 AM #600 of 4284
Originally Posted by CuteChocobo
I have just noticed, when have SE start ordering their OST tracks according to their flow/sequence of the game? Have they been doing it since the beginning? coz I am sure back in FFI, II, III OST most of their tracks are jumbled up, not ordered to their track appearance?
well i doN,t know the answer but I prefer it that way. you can find a song really more easily that way think, because you remember it to be in the middlle of the game or the end so you can search in the OST where it should be ^^

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Final Fantasy XII