Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Cigarette ヽ(#`Д´)凸

Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2009, 04:38 PM #76 of 126
I don't know what kind of people you hang around with, but anytime I want to light up around a group of friends, I always ask if they mind. If it's a very public place and I'm alone, I go off to the side with the rest of the smokers.

My smoking has no effect on my friends, and I do my best to make sure it has no effect on the rest of the people around me. Not quite sure where I explicitly spelled out I was arguing the position of second-hand smoke being harmless, but you do seem awful convinced so I'll cede the argument. And besides, it's cute when you get all blabbery and repetitive.
I'd have thought it was obvious that I was under the influence and misinterperted your post, sure seems that way to me. Kudos to you for taking steps to ensure your smoking has no adverse effect on your friends.

Awfully silly to assume every smoker takes those same steps though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:03 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2009, 11:03 PM #77 of 126
I'm not familiar with the automotive exhaust dangers. I have no opinion, and won't until I know enough to justify opening my mouth on the subject. You understand, I'm sure.
I think you can make a mildly educated guess based on people committing suicide by leaving the car on in a closed garage or the constant weeping about greenhouse gases. I daresay that car exhaust will have a greater impact on your hypothetical children's lives than the smoking habits of your future parents-in-law.

Or are your parenting skills so pathetic that you can't bother to explain why smoking is bad, despite their grandparents doing it?

I was speaking idiomatically.
red1234blue
Wark!

Member 32655

Level 2.25

Jan 2009

Old Jan 27, 2009, 04:37 AM Local time: Jan 27, 2009, 10:37 AM #78 of 126
I myself smoke, but I'm (strangely) still for banning smoke from at least most public areas. I don't want to bother others with it I mean. And why are cigarettes still legal to sell and use anyway...
god, I wanna quit =p

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2009, 01:54 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2009, 06:54 PM 1 #79 of 126
I'm with lord-of-shadow, I think we should ban everything.

FELIPE NO
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2009, 02:23 PM #80 of 126
I myself smoke, but I'm (strangely) still for banning smoke from at least most public areas. I don't want to bother others with it I mean. And why are cigarettes still legal to sell and use anyway...
god, I wanna quit =p
Then fucking do it. There are so many avenues for people who actually WANT to quit out there that whining about it just makes you seem like a douche.

Also, they're legal because the tobacco industry is so far up the government's ass that it's fucking Howdy Doody time in there.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2009, 03:18 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2009, 09:18 PM #81 of 126
I'm with lord-of-shadow, I think we should ban everything.
Did you know, statistically you lose half of your audience for every 11 seconds a webpage takes to load. On that basis, you're probably the only person who's ever seen whatever's loading up on that page.

Most amazing jew boots
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2009, 04:01 PM #82 of 126
Did you know, statistically you lose half of your audience for every 11 seconds a webpage takes to load. On that basis, you're probably the only person who's ever seen whatever's loading up on that page.
Interestingly enough, it loaded fast enough for me to not lose interest HOWEVER I dropped out when I saw it was a flash video.

Maybe my brain is addled because my parents let me visit my grandmother, who smoked. Talk about irresponsible...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Benjamin please
how's it going

Member 48

Level 16.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2009, 04:33 PM 1 1 #83 of 126
Originally Posted by england
Interestingly enough, it loaded fast enough for me to not lose interest HOWEVER I dropped out when I saw it was a flash video.

Maybe my brain is addled because my parents let me visit my grandmother, who smoked. Talk about irresponsible...

Blame European internet filters.

Sorry I got here late, guys!

I just want to respond to some dead shit because you're all assholes.
Originally Posted by lord of cocks
I for one think that forcing everyone to go cold turkey, and ruining a few small convenience store businesses, would be a worthwhile price to pay. It'd be over soon.
Yeah because withdrawal from currently legal substances can never be any more difficult than, say, crack. Because withdrawal never causes permanent or semi-permanent damage on the body, right? Right? It just has to be easy as hell, right?
Quote:
But unlike tobacco, weed doesn't directly impact the user's health.
Yeah because you can totally do thorough and impartial scientific studies on illegal substances whenever you feel like it. Disregard those who have severe THC allergies.
Originally Posted by meth @ gech
...capitalist pig...
Laughing my ass off here. Why do you talk?
Quote:
Business owners used to be able to choose if they allowed smoking at their place of business, but now they can't.
Let's sum up a response to this gem with a simple chat quote. <+Benjamin> NO SMOKE IN MY BAR "fuck u we'll go someplace else" ::goes out of business::
Originally Posted by lord of penaii
on demonizing grandparents
Your imaginary kids are going to grow up wonderfully.
Quote:
I'm not familiar with the automotive exhaust dangers. I have no opinion, and won't until I know enough to justify opening my mouth on the subject. You understand, I'm sure.
Do you live in Tunisia or something?

On a personal note, I smoke. I'm embarrassed about it. But the withdrawals are kind of a bitch. There's alot of will that goes into quitting cold turkey, but I've got better things to do at the moment, and far bigger worries. Unlike most silly meatbags, I'm not afraid of death, and I'm willing to let my life run its course while I go at my own pace, instead of dying from stress at 30.

Shit son, I don't even smoke when I'm not at home

Also, nice posting in a thread that deals with substance addiction, Frank. You can get a new liver faster than a new set of lungs, after all.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
<a_lurker|laptop> I think your car died too.

Last edited by Benjamin please; Jan 27, 2009 at 04:43 PM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2009, 09:24 PM #84 of 126
Also, nice posting in a thread that deals with substance addiction, Frank. You can get a new liver faster than a new set of lungs, after all.
I know a dude who needed new lungs, and I know a dude who needed a new liver. Crash got his shit first.

Just sayin'.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:23 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2009, 09:23 PM 1 #85 of 126
Quote:
On a personal note, I smoke. I'm embarrassed about it. But the withdrawals are kind of a bitch. There's alot of will that goes into quitting cold turkey, but I've got better things to do at the moment, and far bigger worries. Unlike most silly meatbags, I'm not afraid of death, and I'm willing to let my life run its course while I go at my own pace, instead of dying from stress at 30.
I like how the choices are quitting smoking or dying at 30 from too much stress.

Most amazing jew boots
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:03 AM #86 of 126
Well, he's got other "options," but I'm going to be cryptic and leave it at that.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:42 AM 1 1 #87 of 126
I wish I had something more clever than "fuck you," for the implication, but at the moment I'm too drunk to care.

FELIPE NO
Benjamin please
how's it going

Member 48

Level 16.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:45 AM #88 of 126
I wish I had something more clever than "fuck you," for the implication, but at the moment I'm too drunk to care.
God I <3 you forever, Frank~

Most amazing jew boots
<a_lurker|laptop> I think your car died too.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:48 AM 3 1 #89 of 126
I'm too drunk to care.
I vote this becomes Frank's permanent unchangeable usertitle

Jam it back in, in the dark.
yevheniy
Євгеній

Member 27697

Level 10.88

Jan 2008

Old Jan 29, 2009, 09:59 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2009, 08:59 PM #90 of 126
I sort of wish they would ban smoking in more places where I live! I always get annoyed when I'm at a pool hall or bowling alley where everyone is smoking.

I remember one pool hall I went had this visible thick cloud of smoke from about 4 feet off the floor all the way to the ceiling. It was so bad I almost got physically sick by the end of the pool tournament I was playing there -- needless to say I never went to that establishment again...

I really don't see why the people who regulate smoking give so much leeway to smokers; they shouldn't have the right to inconvenience other people with their addiction in my opinion...

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by yevheniy; Jan 29, 2009 at 10:04 PM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:06 PM 5 1 #91 of 126
So, when you decided to reply to this thread, did you take a moment to look at the rest of the thread's posts? In particular, did you notice the sort of reception another poster got when he espoused the sort of attitude you're promoting?

A pool hall should be full of smoke. Smoke, beer, and salty snacks. If people wanted to be healthy they'd go and play some fucking tennis. But no, you have to be that rarest creature: the health-conscious billiards enthusiast. Who's inconveniencing who, exactly?

yevheniy
Євгеній

Member 27697

Level 10.88

Jan 2008

Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:13 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2009, 09:13 PM #92 of 126
So, when you decided to reply to this thread, did you take a moment to look at the rest of the thread's posts? In particular, did you notice the sort of reception another poster got when he espoused the sort of attitude you're promoting?

A pool hall should be full of smoke. Smoke, beer, and salty snacks. If people wanted to be healthy they'd go and play some fucking tennis. But no, you have to be that rarest creature: the health-conscious billiards enthusiast. Who's inconveniencing who, exactly?
I'm fine with the beer and salty snacks part but with smoking on the decline I feel such establishments should try to cater more towards the majority of the population rather than the small minority of smokers. I would be fine with something like a smoking and non-smoking area even. A thick cloud of smoke that makes someone feel sick just being there is a little too much though...

...and no, I got bored after reading the first page or two of replies and just skipped to posting a reply -- I need to stop doing that... *sigh*

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:23 PM #93 of 126
The only catch is that there seems to be a larger percentage of smokers amongst billiards players than those who do not smoke. And the non-smoking billiards players are rather accepting of smoke as part of the environment of the game they so enjoy. Telling these establishments to go smoke-free is telling them to alienate the larger percentage of their loyal customer base. It's just bad for their business.

Christ, dude, I'm a strictly non-smoking guy and I fully accept that some places are meant to be tobacco zones. Seedy bars, off-track betting parlors and pool halls are all the kinds of places where I expect cigarettes to be, because those kinds of people generally smoke. It's not a slight against them, just an observation.

But it's also why I stay out of places like that, no matter how much I like a good game of darts. It's why I purchased a home dartboard. It's why you can buy beer and salty snacks in the grocery store also.

It's why people keep billiards tables in their own homes rather than go out in a cloud of smoke.

If you don't like it, don't go there and find another way to enjoy the game with people who feel similarly. That's what I've done.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:30 PM 4 #94 of 126
I'm fine with the beer and salty snacks part but with smoking on the decline I feel such establishments should try to cater more towards the majority of the population rather than the small minority of smokers.
I'm fine with people who post here and people who stick to the concert hall - but with people being fucking stupid on the internet on the rise, I feel that you should shut the fuck up and leave the majority of this website's population alone.

yevheniy
Євгеній

Member 27697

Level 10.88

Jan 2008

Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:41 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2009, 10:41 PM 4 1 #95 of 126
The only catch is that there seems to be a larger percentage of smokers amongst billiards players than those who do not smoke. And the non-smoking billiards players are rather accepting of smoke as part of the environment of the game they so enjoy. Telling these establishments to go smoke-free is telling them to alienate the larger percentage of their loyal customer base. It's just bad for their business.

Christ, dude, I'm a strictly non-smoking guy and I fully accept that some places are meant to be tobacco zones. Seedy bars, off-track betting parlors and pool halls are all the kinds of places where I expect cigarettes to be, because those kinds of people generally smoke. It's not a slight against them, just an observation.

But it's also why I stay out of places like that, no matter how much I like a good game of darts. It's why I purchased a home dartboard. It's why you can buy beer and salty snacks in the grocery store also.

It's why people keep billiards tables in their own homes rather than go out in a cloud of smoke.

If you don't like it, don't go there and find another way to enjoy the game with people who feel similarly. That's what I've done.
Yeah, I guess it is part of the culture; and for the most part I've grown to accept that and I am usually willing to put up with smokers.

I've always wondered how much business bowling alleys and pool halls would lose if smoking was banned in all establishments. I couldn't see anyone joining bowling leagues anymore; there is always a nice thick cloud of smoke hovering around whenever the leagues near where I live end. I can't really imagine pool halls either without smokers. A smoking ban would probably put most of those establishments out of business. It seems pool halls around me are already going out of business left and right as it is now.

I wish somehow an acceptable compromise could be found; something a little more than just the hour or so of "smoke free bowling" alleys here offer.

I'm fine with people who post here and people who stick to the concert hall - but with people being fucking stupid on the internet on the rise, I feel that you should shut the fuck up and leave the majority of this website's population alone.
ヽ(#`Д´)凸

How ya doing, buddy?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2009, 08:24 AM 2 #96 of 126
Yeah well どんだけ大毅のカタ持つんだよ凸(゚Д゚#) つーか、これだけ亀田寄りの実況しといて to you too, buddy.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jan 30, 2009, 08:56 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2009, 06:56 AM 1 #97 of 126
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jan 30, 2009, 09:12 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2009, 10:12 PM 1 #98 of 126
(*´Д`)ハァハァ

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2009, 09:18 AM 1 #99 of 126
ヽ(´ー`)ノ  

#654: Braixen
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jan 30, 2009, 09:27 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2009, 09:27 AM 3 2 #100 of 126

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Cigarette ヽ(#`Д´)凸