Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Never a dull moment at Virginia Tech

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:49 AM #1 of 23
Never a dull moment at Virginia Tech

A week old, but still .

Quote:
He 'cuts off her head' after quiet chat over coffee

THE attack with the kitchen knife was so savage that it left her head severed.

When the police arrived, murder suspect Zhu Haiyang was holding the decapitated head of victim Yang Xin in his hands, according a search warrant affidavit filed by the police.

'It was a horrific crime scene,' campus police chief Wendell Flinchum said of the attack. He said police found 'multiple edged weapons' in his backpack.

The murder took place on Wednesday night at Au Bon Pain cafe at the Graduate Life Center on the Virginia Tech campus.

This is the same campus that saw 32 people gunned down in 2007 by Korean student Cho Seung Hui who later shot himself.

Zhu, 25, is a PhD student in agricultural and applied economics there and Miss Yang, 22, who only arrived two weeks ago, was doing her Masters in accounting. Both are China nationals.

According to witnesses, Zhu and Miss Yang were seemingly doing nothing more than enjoying a quiet conversation and a cup of coffee together at a campus cafe when he abruptly pulled out a knife and attacked her, reported AFP.

Interviews with the seven witnesses, Capt Flinchum said, suggested Miss Yang and Zhu were not arguing before the knife came out.

Asked whether Zhu, who is from Ningbo in eastern China, said or yelled anything as he held the knife, Capt Flinchum declined to answer, saying investigators are withholding some information.

Miss Yang died near the table where she was attacked.

Capt Flinchum said Zhu had previously never been reported to campus police for any violations of the law.

Later that night, officials notified Miss Yang's mother in China of her death.

Miss Yang, from Beijing, had been a student at Virginia Tech for only 13 days, reported AP. But she had trusted Zhu enough to list him as an emergency contact on university documents.

So far, there there is no apparent motive for the attack.

But an unverified Chinese language blog posting written earlier this month under the name Haiyang Zhu, and displaying the same photo of Zhu given by Virginia authorities, provides a clue.
Source

Seriously?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:45 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2009, 11:45 AM 1 #2 of 23
I've said it for years.

You can't trust a fucking slope.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:06 PM #3 of 23
I've said it for years.

You can't trust a fucking slope.
I'm sure theres WWII, Korea and 'Nam vets all saying the same thing. "Invasion America" and all that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:24 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2009, 12:24 PM #4 of 23
I'm sure theres WWII, Korea and 'Nam vets all saying the same thing. "Invasion America" and all that.
Why do you think all their hot women would rather fuck white guys?

A) Asian dudes be ugly.

B) Asian dudes be fucking crazy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Worm
:furious proofreading noises:

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 02:48 PM #5 of 23
Seven witnesses and no one made a move? People have enough nerve to tackle dudes with guns. Just hit him with a chair or something.

I was speaking idiomatically.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 02:54 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2009, 01:54 PM 1 #6 of 23
Seven witnesses and no one made a move? People have enough nerve to tackle dudes with guns. Just hit him with a chair or something.
Well, they were sitting close together, and he stabbed her in the neck, so one would assume there wasn't much of a struggle before hand. Hitting someone with a chair isn't particularly helpful after he's stabbed someone in the neck.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Worm

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 03:02 PM 1 #7 of 23
I don't really blame the people; I'm sure it was horrific, and maybe no one was physically formidable. But it's not like stabbing equals insta-death. Knock that dude out and put some damn pressure on the wound.

FELIPE NO
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 03:15 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2009, 01:15 PM #8 of 23
If you stab someone in the fucking neck, to the point where their head is almost severed, it generally does equal inevitable death yes.

Most amazing jew boots
Worm

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:27 PM #9 of 23
Nah, he cut the head off afterward. Think about how hard it would be to sever a head with a single stab or slash. I doubt most people could do it even with a sword or axe.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Worm; Feb 5, 2009 at 04:29 PM.
Midna
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 18121

Level 20.86

Jan 2007

Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:37 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2009, 02:37 PM #10 of 23
Nah, he cut the head off afterward. Think about how hard it would be to sever a head with a single stab or slash. I doubt most people could do it even with a sword or axe.
Are you reading a different article than we are? This article gives little detail regarding the attack and what witnesses did, yet you seem to have a clear idea of what exactly went down.

Were you by chance a witness? Are you feeling guilty because you were too busy pissing your pants to stand up and hit the guy with a chair?

Worm

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:20 PM #11 of 23
It's true. I was the first one out the door and had to trample a baby to get there; I just want to divert some blame.

Anyway, I both read some other articles and remember the reports when it first happened. The absence of a clear timeline seems pretty odd itself. But yes, it is possible that I am mistaken and all my hardass vigilante dreams almost came true.

Right now, however, I am mildly surprised that no reports have suggested any resistance. As for kitchen knives making for difficult decapitation, well, that's just simple physics.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:35 PM 2 #12 of 23
Quote:
Zhu Haiyang was holding the decapitated head of victim Yang Xin in his hands...
Quote:
Miss Yang died near the table where she was attacked.
Fucking pro journalism right there.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:35 PM #13 of 23
What do you mean "all their hot women"? All I can think of is Anna Ohura and shes not even Chinese I don't think.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:56 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2009, 04:56 PM 4 #14 of 23

How ya doing, buddy?
LZ
What I'm out for is a good time. All the rest is propaganda.

Member 71

Level 19.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 06:09 PM 2 #15 of 23
It's true. I was the first one out the door and had to trample a baby to get there; I just want to divert some blame.

Anyway, I both read some other articles and remember the reports when it first happened. The absence of a clear timeline seems pretty odd itself. But yes, it is possible that I am mistaken and all my hardass vigilante dreams almost came true.

Right now, however, I am mildly surprised that no reports have suggested any resistance. As for kitchen knives making for difficult decapitation, well, that's just simple physics.
Alright man, calm down. No need to lose your head over this.

FELIPE NO
Worm

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 06:11 PM #16 of 23
it's not my fault everyone is such a pain in the neck

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 06:22 PM #17 of 23
A few thoughts come to mind.

1.) I'm pretty surprised by this one. Heck, the only time I hear of "violence" is basically in the form of suicide due to the entrance exams (and even then I only found out about one story from one higher-up who then kinda stopped on the subject after he realized I had no idea that it had happened).

2.) I think we talked about this in chat but I do wonder how much culture shock and home sickness played a role into this. Not everyone can live in another culture, and if you get sick of it long enough...you start to snap. That, coupled with money (?) issues (supposedly the guy had refused to use his apartment's heat) can put someone over the edge.

3.) I am SO thankful this did NOT involve a gun. When the VT massacre occurred, I heard about a hundred times more about how there is 'no gun control in the U.S.' than showing sympathy to the victims. I would worry that might occur here again rather than showing sympathy to the victim's family.

4.) I feel bad for the victim's family. For those how don't know, Spring Festival was just a few days away. That's basically like their Christmas.

5.) I wonder how this guy will be trialed. He did a crime in the U.S. to another person from China. I wonder if there will be some attempts to extradite him back to China. I wonder if (presuming he was trialed, found guilty, jailed,and then released) he might even be trialed a second time in China.

Most amazing jew boots
nadienne
I don't do too much talking these days.

Member 9

Level 29.15

Feb 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 06:34 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2009, 04:34 PM 1 #18 of 23
Statistically larger penises.

it's not my fault everyone is such a pain in the neck
Buhdum chish.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 07:18 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2009, 05:18 PM #19 of 23
Worm, if you remember when that dude snapped on the Greyhound bus and started eating the dude he was slashing into, nobody stopped that either even though there was an entire bus full of people. I imagine a lot of it is the shock of the situation and how fast it occurs, whereas with a gun there might be a tense moment or two where people can get their wits about them and do something.

Quote:
The murder took place on Wednesday night at Au Bon Pain cafe at the Graduate Life Center on the Virginia Tech campus.
Also, wtf, their grad students get their own restaurant and center and stuff?

Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2009, 01:12 AM 1 #20 of 23
He probably got rejected.

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2009, 09:32 AM #21 of 23
Also, wtf, their grad students get their own restaurant and center and stuff?
Lots of schools have a special "graduate hangout building." At least I assume, what with Memphis having something to that regard. Not that I nor any of the other grad students I know ever go there. Once you (or your friends) have their own office, if you're hanging out, you're relaxing in an office.

How ya doing, buddy?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Feb 9, 2009, 03:25 PM Local time: Feb 9, 2009, 01:25 PM #22 of 23
We hang out in each other's offices a lot, but it's nice to be able to get out once in a while. I mean, we usually wind up walking about 20 minutes away to the closest restaurants so we don't have to sit in one of the windowless break rooms in our building.

I guess the closest here is the coffee shop that's got a lot of seating outside, but usually most of the seating is taken up by undergrads.

(We do have three rec rooms in our grad housing area, but they all suck with hardly any lighting, TVs that don't work half the time, and no way to get in if you're not living in the apartment complex.)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2009, 04:17 PM #23 of 23
We hang out in each other's offices a lot, but it's nice to be able to get out once in a while. I mean, we usually wind up walking about 20 minutes away to the closest restaurants so we don't have to sit in one of the windowless break rooms in our building.

I guess the closest here is the coffee shop that's got a lot of seating outside, but usually most of the seating is taken up by undergrads.

(We do have three rec rooms in our grad housing area, but they all suck with hardly any lighting, TVs that don't work half the time, and no way to get in if you're not living in the apartment complex.)
Oh, we have a coffee kiosk in the building right next to ours. Generally there's seating in the breezeway between the buildings.

FELIPE NO
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Never a dull moment at Virginia Tech