Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Running Diablo (The Original)

DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 05:59 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 04:59 PM #1 of 14
Running Diablo (The Original)

I have the original disc, and when inserted into the drive, my computer treats it as if it were a blank disc. It says a disc is inserted, but nothing is on it. I downloaded a .mdf/.mds file of Diablo (an Alcohol 120% CD Image) and ran into the same problem after mounting the image with Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% itself. Does anyone know how this can be resolved or why I am running into this issue? Thank you.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 07:32 PM #2 of 14
Feel free to post your specs.
Motherboard, optical drives, operating system, age, sex, location, last date of operating system restore/install/reinstall.
Any special drive-related programs installed recently? (like Daemon Tools, MagicIso's MagicDisc, etc.)
Currently its sounding like an OS/driver issue.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 01:39 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 12:39 PM #3 of 14
Feel free to post your specs.
Motherboard, optical drives, operating system, age, sex, location, last date of operating system restore/install/reinstall.
Any special drive-related programs installed recently? (like Daemon Tools, MagicIso's MagicDisc, etc.)
Currently its sounding like an OS/driver issue.
2800+ AMD Sempron, Windows XP Home, :O, :O, :O, formatted 3 weeks ago... drive related programs: nero, alcohol 120%, I had daemon tools installed for Diablo, but uninstalled once it didnt work. Optical drives are... a DVD Reader/CD Burner (Don't know specific specs) and a 52 read/24 write CD burner that does not seem to be working.
I have tried this on three different computers, all with Windows XP Home.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 02:12 PM #4 of 14
This is quite odd. Does this problem only occur for the Diablo CD? Or do other discs have the same problem?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 07:44 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 06:44 PM #5 of 14
This is quite odd. Does this problem only occur for the Diablo CD? Or do other discs have the same problem?
It occurs with the original disc, and two different formats of CD Images I have tried (one was .mdf/.mds, and I cannot remember the other format).

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 09:34 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 10:34 PM #6 of 14
Anything in event logs?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:05 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 06:05 PM #7 of 14
Can you read the content of the virtual drive with IsoBuster?

FELIPE NO
DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 05:07 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 04:07 PM #8 of 14
Anything in event logs?
I'm not quite sure how to read event logs... help?
I'll download that and give it a try and post with results.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 06:53 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 05:53 PM #9 of 14
Alright, so I got it installed and it said:

During mounting of the disc only a session/track layout could be found. No file-systems nor files and folders could be found.

Assuming you are looking for certain (missing) files, we suggest you run the option:

"Find missing files and folders"

Selecting 'Make it so' didn't seem to do anything, I got no error messages, but could see now files on the 'tree'. I'm not sure what this means.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 07:09 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 01:09 AM #10 of 14
How does IsoBuster access the device? SPTI or ASPI?
(Am I right that you can read the content or part of it in IsoBuster?)

EDIT: Ah yes, ARE there any alien ASPI drivers installed? What kind of optical disc recording software is installed? AFAIK BlindWrite installs some ASPI-like driver name Patin-Couffin, or something...

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by LiquidAcid; Mar 4, 2007 at 07:12 PM.
DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 03:47 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 02:47 PM #11 of 14
How does IsoBuster access the device? SPTI or ASPI?
(Am I right that you can read the content or part of it in IsoBuster?)

EDIT: Ah yes, ARE there any alien ASPI drivers installed? What kind of optical disc recording software is installed? AFAIK BlindWrite installs some ASPI-like driver name Patin-Couffin, or something...
I'm sorry... you've kind of gone beyond my skill level with computers :\ Thanks a lot for trying to help me though, I appreciate it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 04:15 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 10:15 PM #12 of 14
*switching to n00b mode*
- SPTI or ASPI: you can check this in the IsoBuster settings (interface settings IIRC)
- what kind of software to burn discs have you installed? Any other than Nero and Alcohol?

What I suspect: ASPI or ASPI-like driver conflicts. That's because Nero always seems to install some HW-drivers, Alcohol also does this - furthermore a driver for a virtual drive is installed, the same goes for Daemon Tools.

Maybe you also want to open the image file with IsoBuster directly. If it can read the data then the image should be fine. Next thing I would try is creating another image (from another) disc and try the same (opening in IsoBuster and then mounting it with Daemon Tools). This way you check if it's a problem with this specific image - I doubt this, but better check this first.

Another thing you might want to try is mounting the image under linux, using some liveCD of your choice.

Or check if the problem goes away when deinstalling Nero + Alcohol and reinstalling DTools.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 05:21 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 04:21 PM #13 of 14
*switching to n00b mode*
- SPTI or ASPI: you can check this in the IsoBuster settings (interface settings IIRC)
- what kind of software to burn discs have you installed? Any other than Nero and Alcohol?

What I suspect: ASPI or ASPI-like driver conflicts. That's because Nero always seems to install some HW-drivers, Alcohol also does this - furthermore a driver for a virtual drive is installed, the same goes for Daemon Tools.

Maybe you also want to open the image file with IsoBuster directly. If it can read the data then the image should be fine. Next thing I would try is creating another image (from another) disc and try the same (opening in IsoBuster and then mounting it with Daemon Tools). This way you check if it's a problem with this specific image - I doubt this, but better check this first.

Another thing you might want to try is mounting the image under linux, using some liveCD of your choice.

Or check if the problem goes away when deinstalling Nero + Alcohol and reinstalling DTools.
As I posted above...:

Alright, so I got it installed and it said:

During mounting of the disc only a session/track layout could be found. No file-systems nor files and folders could be found.

Assuming you are looking for certain (missing) files, we suggest you run the option:

"Find missing files and folders"

Selecting 'Make it so' didn't seem to do anything, I got no error messages, but could see now files on the 'tree'. I'm not sure what this means.

After this, I did uninstall Nero/Alcohol/Daemon tools and tried the original disc and it did nothing. I also tried running the image with just Daemon Tools installed, and that did not work either.

How ya doing, buddy?
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 05:40 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 11:40 PM #14 of 14
And I don't know what you mean. Does IsoBuster access the files that are on the disc/image or not?

After this, I did uninstall Nero/Alcohol/Daemon tools and tried the original disc and it did nothing.
'did nothing' is a bit vague? What program did you try to open the drive? IsoBuster again?

I also tried running the image with just Daemon Tools installed, and that did not work either.
'does not work' <-- not enough information

You have to be more precise: what did you try (what action, what application) and what were the results.

Also did you find out if it was SPTI or ASPI?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Running Diablo (The Original)