Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - FORTNIGHT 257 Voting/FORTNIGHT 258 Nominating

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:19 AM Local time: Jan 31, 2012, 05:19 AM #1 of 39
Song of the Week - FORTNIGHT 257 Voting/FORTNIGHT 258 Nominating

Song of the Fortnight. 125 Fortnights and counting.
Fortnight 257 Voting is open for business between the hours of 9-5 Monday through Saturday.
Fortnight 258 Nominating is open as long as you're nominating fake chiptunes (p.s. everyone download Mutant Mudds while it's free, Troupe Gammage IV is the shit).

I'm not aware of any VGM composers who've died recently, and there probably aren't that many theme-worthy holidays coming up soon, so let's have a regularly scheduled theme week! We are apparently up for this:

A Word to the Wise Week
Someone liked this David Wise fellow enough to say he gets his own week too.

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Airport Tycoon 3 (Game Rip) - Gameplay 2
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Gungriffon Original Soundtrack - Delirhythm II
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Konami Ending Collection - SD Snatcher (MSX)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Last Hope Complete Soundtrack - Take This!
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Mighty Milky Way / Mighty Flip Champs OST - World 3 (Water)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Nekomata Master+ "Backdrops" - Chain of Pain
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: REAL BOUT Garou Densetsu - Duck! Duck! Duck! (Duck King)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Soldam - Sekiero Mode 3 "The Fairies Wait for Spring"

Voting Rules:
Voters must distribute 6 points among the 8 nominees, giving points to at least 3 songs, giving no song more than 3 points, and giving no more than one of their choices 3 points. Possible ways of voting include:
Spoiler:
"Traditional"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.

"Even Stevens"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 2 pts.

"Tough Decision"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Nomination Bias"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Indecisive"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.

"Shotgun Spread"
Song1 - 1 pt.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.
Song6 - 1 pt.

Notes:
Please remember to upload your nominations to the SotF server! Uploaded noms mean a faster, smoother SotFexperience for everyone. Server information:
Spoiler:
* Host: ftp.sotw.info
* Username: nominations@sotw.info (that is the actual username; not an e-mail address)
* Password: gff
* Port: 21

Nominating:
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Undertale (PC, 2015)

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; Jan 31, 2012 at 06:45 PM.
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:19 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2012, 07:19 PM #2 of 39
David Wise, fuck yeah
  • Album: Battletoads (NES Game Rip)
  • Artist: David Wise
  • Track #: 14 (in the NSF)
  • Track Title: Surf City / Terra Tubes
  • Year: 1991

Last edited by Duck King; Feb 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:45 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2012, 04:45 PM #3 of 39
D. Wise:

Normal nom:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2012, 05:49 AM Local time: Feb 1, 2012, 08:49 PM #4 of 39
Finally, happy joy happy is eligible!

Nomination #77

Composer: Romain Gauthier
Album: iBlast Moki 2 Original Soundtrack
Track Title: Moki Pirate Land
Track Number: 2
Year: 2011
Catalog Number: N/A
Additional Information: lucky happy 7's

As for the David Wise week, wow, mega surprise. Really everybody should have prepared a David Wise nom for such an occasion several years ago, but I have not. Will hopefully be able to find something worthwhile.

And frolicking to the FTP atm.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:38 PM #5 of 39
Really nice week. Good job, everyone.

(3 points) Last Hope Complete Soundtrack - Take This!: I don't always seek them out, but a good techno track can really do it for me. (Take) This certainly does: not overly frantic, accessible melodic parts, awesome interlude at 1:24.

(1 point) Mighty Milky Way / Mighty Flip Champs OST - World 3 (Water)
: Chipper tune from our man Jake. Definitely enjoyable, even if sounds more spacey than watery at times.

(1 point) Konami Ending Collection - SD Snatcher (MSX)
: A big fan of Coda (the arrangement on Snatcher Battle Perfect Selection is a must listen), so the fact that it's tacked on to this ending theme is good enough for me.

(1 point) Airport Tycoon 3 (Game Rip) - Gameplay 2: Could have gone to a number of other tracks this week.

With apologies to: Chain of Pain, Fairies Wait for Spring

Wise-Crack Nomination:

I completely over-thought this, so now I'm going back to my personal favorite, instant gut reaction. Maybe it gets murdered for being too ambient, but whatever.

Album/Game Title: Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet
Artist: David Wise
Track Number/Title: 38 – Ocean Force Point Temple
Year: 2003
Additional Information: Rip, no official soundtrack release

Will upload tonight.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Chuckster; Feb 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:03 PM #6 of 39
Voting before Sunday! And I'm the second voter! This hasn't happened in like... ever?

Pretty decent week, with at least three or four quality songs.

Duck! Duck! Duck! - No. Just... no. This is terrible. Not even good as a joke track.

Gameplay 2 - Huge relief coming right after Duck! Great buildup, very solid atmospheric track. This came from Airport Tycoon? Good find. Can I get a download link for the rip?

Sekiero Mode 3 - Sounds like a Kirby x Ristar crossover game. Really fun tune. Wish it was longer. Can I get an upload for this as well? Downloaded a supposed OST from somewhere else, but it was incomplete and nothing was tagged.

SD Snatcher (MSX) - I found this while listening through the Konami Endings Collection. The second half sounded familiar, and sure enough, it appeared as "Coda" in BSC 2006. Anyway, I really like the whole thing, but Coda stands out as awesome. It was in my head for days after first hearing it. It's ripe for a rockin' remix; OCR needs to get on that.

Dance tunes usually don't do much for me unless they have a strong, anthemic synth melody (something like "Get Down to the Drive") or I'm driving in the car. That said, Take This! and Chain of Pain seemed decent. Delirhythm II was interesting in the sense that it was like controlled chaos, with the composer just throwing one dissonant musical idea after another. Gets a bit much after awhile. World 3 (Water) was a little underwhelming considering it's a virt track. Some nice stuff there, but too insubstantial.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I guess points would help.

3 pts. - SD Snatcher (MSX)
2 pts. - Gameplay 2
1 pt. - Sekiero Mode 3

Most amazing jew boots
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Last edited by Drakken; Feb 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:26 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2012, 09:26 PM #7 of 39
ALLOW ME TO BE THE FIRST TO GIVE POINTS TO MOTOAKI TAKENOUCHI

3 points: Soldam - Sekiero Mode 3 "The Fairies Wait for Spring"
2 points: Gungriffon Original Soundtrack - Delirhythm II
1 point: REAL BOUT Garou Densetsu - Duck! Duck! Duck! (Duck King)
didn't have quacking: Gameplay 2, World 3 (Water), Chain of Pain

Fuck yeah Gungriffon, so good. I've been meaning to nom something from this for ages, but I haven't due to crippling indecisiveness, so I'm glad someone isn't as wishy-washy as I am.

I used to really dislike the Jaleco sound team years and years ago, dismissing their stuff as insubsantial. I've since had complete turnarounds on Tsukasa Tawada (EDF) and Yasuyuki Suzuki (Operation Logic Bomb, Kingyo Chuuihou SNES, 2197), who both are actually pretty awesome it turns out. Soldam is one of Jaleco's early works that I used to think was kind of garbage, so imagine my surprise when I revisited it and it turned out to be filled with awesome light tunes with jazz flecks. It is so fun and , my word.

I was planning on nominating the world 1 theme from Mighty Milky Way (aw yea elegant space waltz OH SHIT ALL ABOARD THE BUS TO FUNKYTOWN virt u card), but the whole soundtrack is pretty good.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2012, 01:14 PM #8 of 39
Regular nom:

Album: The Sims: Superstar - The Soundtrack
Artist: One of these people - Kirk Casey, Michael Cormier, The Humble Brothers, Kent Jolly, Robert Kauker, Jerry Martin, Marc Russo
Track Title: Botox Forever
Track #: 07
Year: 2003
Source: VGMDB

I know I know, it's the Sims, but it's from one of the many expansions, and I doubt most people here have heard it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:58 PM #9 of 39
Anyone opposed to me nominating the Pause Music from Battletoads for Wise Week? The 15-minute extended mix would be preferable, of course.

How ya doing, buddy?
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2012, 01:17 AM Local time: Feb 6, 2012, 11:17 PM #10 of 39
Well, that would require Draconis to retract his nomination from the game.

If it's a go though I'm going to insist on a version that's no fewer than 45 minutes long.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Feb 7, 2012, 04:37 PM Local time: Feb 7, 2012, 11:37 PM #11 of 39
Guess we can't have both, huh? Fine, DO IT!

I'll pick something else later.

isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2012, 05:58 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2012, 12:58 AM #12 of 39
<<2 Points>> Airport Tycoon 3 (Game Rip) - Gameplay 2
<<2 Points>> Gungriffon Original Soundtrack - Delirhythm II
<<1 Point>> Soldam - Sekiero Mode 3 "The Fairies Wait for Spring"
<<1 Point>> Mighty Milky Way / Mighty Flip Champs OST - World 3 (Water)

orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2012, 07:10 PM #13 of 39
You heard the man, CHz. Make this happen.

(seriously though I'll nominate something from another Battletoads game if you want to keep your nom, Drac)

Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:31 AM Local time: Feb 10, 2012, 05:31 PM 1 #14 of 39
3 points: REAL BOUT Garou Densetsu - Duck! Duck! Duck! (Duck King)
2 points: Gungriffon Original Soundtrack - Delirhythm II
1 point: Konami Ending Collection - SD Snatcher (MSX)
Just missed: Chain of Pain, Gameplay 2

(Naw, go ahead orion, we need Pause music in this)

David Wise, one more time
Regular nom:

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:43 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2012, 01:43 PM #15 of 39
The menu theme is better, why did I not nominate the menu theme. Oh well. Airport Tycoon 3 (Game Rip) - Gameplay 2 is still pretty darn good and hits several notes with me. Downtempo trance (or upbeat ambient) with a resounding theme. It goes nicely through the motions until the climax, where things get chillingly cool with a colourful development in the melody.

Man Jolt you should really go back on your medication! Your SotF tastes make even DK's look tame and mainstream (almost). I don't particularly like Gungriffon Original Soundtrack - Delirhythm II. I find it highly irritating and hope I am not becoming a square by saying that.

SNATCHER! I love Snatcher. Also Policenauts. Though the music in those games never really stood out to me; it all works well strictly as BGM. Konami Ending Collection - SD Snatcher (MSX), like I thought, doesn't do much for me when I listen to it actively without any other stimulation. Nice pensive atmosphere, though. I actually prefer the first half to the second half.

Hey this Last Hope Complete Soundtrack - Take This! song, I sort of like it! It's a standard, scarcely original affair, but I still enjoy it.

Mighty Milky Way / Mighty Flip Champs OST - World 3 (Water) is completely fine, solid, A-OK in my books. The retro style to the melody is classy and understated, but the track remains catchy. The piano bits are delicious when audible. The Switch Force OST is much better than this one though.

Funny, I've been on a huge Naoyuki Sato binge recently. "rain drops", "backdrops" and "Goodbye World" are all fantastic. Nekomata Master+ "Backdrops" - Chain of Pain has some faint Middle Eastern stylings which always appeal to me regardless of the genre context. I'm totally biased here. I'm also stunned that nobody has given this one any points so far. D:

I'm surprised no Garou Densetsu album has been disqualified yet, there have been so many noms from that series! REAL BOUT Garou Densetsu - Duck! Duck! Duck! (Duck King) is, uh, ridiculous...but a good amount of fun. ^.^

CHz you don't disappoint! Soldam - Sekiero Mode 3 "The Fairies Wait for Spring" is super vintage boppin' joy. Just way too short...

help my POINT is quacking

3 points: Airport Tycoon 3 (Game Rip) - Gameplay 2
2 points: Nekomata Master+ "Backdrops" - Chain of Pain
1 point: Mighty Milky Way / Mighty Flip Champs OST - World 3 (Water)
4th: Soldam - Sekiero Mode 3 "The Fairies Wait for Spring"
5th: REAL BOUT Garou Densetsu - Duck! Duck! Duck! (Duck King)
6th: Last Hope Complete Soundtrack - Take This!
7th: Konami Ending Collection - SD Snatcher (MSX)
8th: Gungriffon Original Soundtrack - Delirhythm II

Great week! Several tracks which I will be saving.

Nomination #78

Composer: David Wise
Album: Donkey Kong Country 2 ~Diddy's Kong Quest~ Serious Monkey Business
Track Title: Re-Skewed (Donkey Kong Rescued)
Track Number: 2-19
Year: 2010
Catalog Number: OCRA-0017
Additional Information: An OCRemix normally wouldn't be acceptable, though professional VGM artists (Wise, Kirkhope & Beanland) produced this arrangement.

Wearing a wise monocle on my way to the FTP, old bean.

FELIPE NO
Jolteon

Member 35682

Level 17.53

Apr 2010

Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:59 AM #16 of 39
3 Points Gungriffon Original Soundtrack - Delirhythm II
1 Point Soldam - Sekiero Mode 3 "The Fairies Wait for Spring"
1 Point Mighty Milky Way / Mighty Flip Champs OST - World 3 (Water)
1 Point Konami Ending Collection - SD Snatcher (MSX)

Once again amazing week.

Short ExplainS this time because I am ILL and TIRED at the MOMENT.

Delirhythm II:
Motoaki Takenouchi is my favorite composer, and this is one of my favorite "video game songs" of all (7/8) time.

Sekiero Mode 3 "The Fairies Wait for Spring":
I like frequency modulation synthesis a lot. I think this is very neat rhythmically and harmonically.

World 3 (Water):
I think this is very neat rhythmically and harmonically.

SD Snatcher:
I like frequency modulation synthesis a lot.

There is more variety in my reasons for enjoying these for to the extents of 3, 1, 1 and 1 points than that. PROBABLY

Fuck yeah Gungriffon, so good. I've been meaning to nom something from this for ages, but I haven't due to crippling indecisiveness, so I'm glad someone isn't as wishy-washy as I am.
Funny you should mention indecisiveness, I decided that I wanted to nom something from Gungriffon but I spent hours listening to all of it repeatedly to decide (though I didn't mind doing so because it's pretty much my favorite OST ever, tied with Shining Wisdom). I just went with Delirhythm II at basically a roll-of-the-dice-dice-dice-dice decision. I still am wondering if I should have picked a different one, though Delirhythm II is what I usually consider to be my favorite track from it.

Most amazing jew boots
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:37 AM 3 #17 of 39
David Wisenom:

Album: Battletoads (NES Game Rip)
Artist: David Wise
Track Title: Pause Music
Track Length: 45:00
Year: 1991
Note: I'm not ashamed to admit that for me David Wise begins and ends with Battletoads. None of this monkey crap.

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:50 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2012, 09:50 AM #18 of 39
Votes! And... why don't real airport tunes ever sound this good?

(2 points) Airport Tycoon 3 (Game Rip) - Gameplay 2

(2 points) Last Hope Complete Soundtrack - Take This!

(1 point) Konami Ending Collection - SD Snatcher (MSX)

(1 point) Soldam - Sekiero Mode 3 'The Fairies Wait for Spring'

"Delirhythm II" has some neat sections and I think I can see how it would work wonders in-game. A bit harder for me to appreciate it on its own, though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I think therefore I am... I think.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:15 PM Local time: Feb 12, 2012, 09:15 PM #19 of 39
Dropping in with a quick nom count: we have 5 noms for Mr. Wise and 5 for a normal week.

Funny you should mention indecisiveness, I decided that I wanted to nom something from Gungriffon but I spent hours listening to all of it repeatedly to decide (though I didn't mind doing so because it's pretty much my favorite OST ever, tied with Shining Wisdom). I just went with Delirhythm II at basically a roll-of-the-dice-dice-dice-dice decision. I still am wondering if I should have picked a different one, though Delirhythm II is what I usually consider to be my favorite track from it.
Yeah, every time I listen to it and try to pick a nom from it, I come to the conclusion that I every day I'll have a different favorite. Probably best not to overanalyze your choice too much. If later you decide you made a grave error and really should've nominated something else, then just nominate that too! Or just nominate something else from it anyway, as I am 100% in favor of turning this contest into a nonstop Takenouchi marathon.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:09 AM #20 of 39
Here's a regular nom:

Album: Mushihimesama Double Arrange Album
Arranger: Dr. COVA
Composer: Masaharu Iwata
Track: I Have Something to Ask You
Track #: 1-12
Catalog #: CVAS-003
Year: 2009
Source: CVAS-003 | Mushihimesama Double Arrange Album - VGMdb
Additional Info: Pretty much the reason I started calling him Dr. Kobayashi.

Uploading to the FTP.

Here is my point spread:

2 points: Duck! Duck! Duck! (Duck King)
2 points: Delirhythym II
1 point: Sekiero Mode 3 'The Fairies Wait for Spring'
1 point: World 3 (Water)
just missed: Chain of Pain

Intense fight for the 1 pointers. Good stuff.

As for David Wise week, I've pretty much spent a good amount of this weekend just straight up listening to Wise chiptunes that aren't Battletoads (there's a lot!) so expect a nom in a day or two. But not right now. I need to sleep

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:16 AM #21 of 39
Possibly some kind of nom bias here, not too sure

3 points - Nekomata Master+ "Backdrops" - Chain of Pain
1 point - Gungriffon Original Soundtrack - Delirhythm II
1 point - Konami Ending Collection - SD Snatcher (MSX)
1 point - REAL BOUT Garou Densetsu - Duck! Duck! Duck! (Duck King)

normal nom:

Album: PixelJunk Eden Original Soundtrack
Artist: Baiyon
Track Title: Wheel Window
Track #: 8
Year: 2008
Source: SVWC-7588 | PixelJunk Eden Original Soundtrack - VGMdb
Additional info: This nom won't go over well at all

David Wise nom possibly incoming soon/later

Jolteon

Member 35682

Level 17.53

Apr 2010

Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:46 AM 2 #22 of 39
I was not originally going to do this THIS soon after Gungriffon, but now that CHz has tempted me I can not resist.

NOMINATION

Album/Game Title: Shining Wisdom
Artist(s): Motoaki Takenouchi
Disc Number: 1 of 1
Track Number: 6 of 12
Track Title: Second Effort
Catalog Number: NACL-1195
Year: 1995
Additional Information: I was not originally going to do this THIS soon after Gungriffon, but now that CHz has tempted me I can not resist.
Source(s): NACL-1195 | Shining Wisdom - VGMdb

I was not originally going to do this THIS soon after Gungriffon, but now that CHz has tempted me I can not resist.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:13 AM #23 of 39
Airport Tycoon 3 (Game Rip) - Gameplay 2 I'd say this sounds more like hospital music than airport music per se, but it has a nice SimCity sheen.

Gungriffon Original Soundtrack - Delirhythm II Kind of neat, definitely hyperactive, sorta spooky, and nothing at all like the Second Coming one would expect from all your comments.

Konami Ending Collection - SD Snatcher (MSX) People are weird when it comes to Kojima's non-MGS output. I think this quasi-Blade-Runner stuff works well enough in the game, but lacks a bit as a stand-alone listen.

Last Hope Complete Soundtrack - Take This! Synth and piano really ought to be paired together more often.

Mighty Milky Way / Mighty Flip Champs OST - World 3 (Water) I recently listened to this entire album. In addition to being my new favorite virt, it's pretty much been my playlist for the last few days. And while I know you really oughta vote for the song that was nominated and not the one you wish was nominated, if this had been Title (Extended) I would have crowned it champeen without a second thought ("my lucky staaaaar!"). This? 7.5/10.

Nekomata Master+ "Backdrops" - Chain of Pain Backdrops is right. Station announcements, raindrops, children yelling, and then generic wallpaper trance. Bleargh.

REAL BOUT Garou Densetsu - Duck! Duck! Duck! (Duck King) I know this puts me in the minority among SotW voters and GFF in general, but I really don't want an elderly pervert screaming at me in stereo about a duck king.

Soldam - Sekiero Mode 3 "The Fairies Wait for Spring" Meh.

If nothing else, this week was fulla surprises.

The Point Spread
2 pts. each to:
Gameplay 2
Take This!
World 3 (Retaining Water)

FELIPE NO

Last edited by orion_mk3; Feb 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:17 AM Local time: Feb 16, 2012, 12:17 AM #24 of 39
Normal week nomination:

* Album Title: Jamestown: Legend Of The Lost Colony (PC Game Rip)
* Artist: Francisco Cerda
* Track Title: Track 12
* Source: Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony (2011) Windows credits - MobyGames
* File Location: Nominations folder
* Disc Number: NA
* Track Number: 12
* Catalogue Number: NA
* Year: 2011

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
I think therefore I am... I think.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:18 PM #25 of 39
Normal week nomination:

* Album Title: Jamestown: Legend Of The Lost Colony (PC Game Rip)
* Artist: Francisco Cerda
* Track Title: Track 12
On the game's soundtrack, that track is titled "War Upon the East Frontier". Although, the version you uploaded loops as it plays in the game, and the soundtrack version adds a guitar and has sort of an arranged ending to the song following the first time through. So the two tracks aren't quite the same. But that is the title of it!

Tags
crappy overrated orion!, scratch that i <3 orion

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - FORTNIGHT 257 Voting/FORTNIGHT 258 Nominating