Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

You're such an ASSHOLE.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 05:29 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2008, 11:29 PM #26 of 31
...restaurant...

...I receive a plain hamburger...
You septics havea funny idea of what constitutes a restaurant.

If I'm at a restaurant and there's something wrong with the meal then sure I'll complain. Either the waiter or the chef has fucked up and why should my enjoyment of the meal I'll be paying good money for be lessened as a result?

Complaining at a burger joint is pretty sad though, unless they've completely fucked your order of course. Chances are you paid less than a fiver and the person behind the counter doesn't speak English anyway. Complaining won't achieve shit most of the time and in the time it takes to find a manager or something, you could have ordered and eaten two other burgers. Frankly, getting a crappy burger serves you right for eating in fast food places.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 05:58 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2008, 03:58 PM #27 of 31
You septics havea funny idea of what constitutes a restaurant.
Those fuckin' septics man. Hate'em.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2008, 04:31 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2008, 02:31 AM #28 of 31
"Umm, well you guys forgot a patty of meat. I mean, it's really not that huge of a deal, I'll take the double-double just fine. I didn't think it would cause this much trouble."
Quick question, did you verify with your receipt that you ordered a 3x3? How you worded the above is a tad bit condescending in the way that you placed blame on the person behind the counter.

If you want to be bit more tactful about the situation, you pull out your receipt, show that you ordered a 3x3 (all they have to do is see, you don't need to shove it in their face or point fingers at all since the name of the server is usually there), and word it this way:

"Pardon me, there seems to have been a miscommunication when I ordered. I thought I ordered a 3x3, and there seems to only be 2 patties."

Be direct, and don't put blame on any one person. If you point out the mistake in a polite fashion without showing that you're upset or condescending, a good customer service person will usually give you options. Try using the word "and" in place of "but," sentences sound A LOT MORE POSITIVE when you do this.

But if they still responded to you in the way they reacted to you Divest, yes, I'd send a direct email to In-N-Out headquarters and write to them a complaint about the service. I am appalled at how the manager treated you. (That was a manager you talked to, correct?)

Most amazing jew boots
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2008, 03:56 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2008, 03:56 AM #29 of 31
I usually don't complain. Instead, I simply and politely ask for the right stuff if I'm in the mood, and it's not until after I get uber attitude that I start complaining. Yeah, people make mistakes, and I can definitely forgive that. But attitude-- being tired after a day's work is one thing. Being a jerk is another.

But yeah. I generally let things slide if I'm at a fast food place or something. If I can't get my order fixed in a snap, it usually isn't worth the effort to pursue the matter any further.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by elwe; Jun 1, 2008 at 03:59 AM.
SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old Jun 4, 2008, 01:45 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 01:45 PM #30 of 31
I don't eat out as much as I use to but when I do if there's something that I ordered isn't there or have something I didn't ask for, Then I mention it to the server ONLY if it's really something I don't like in my food like bones, metal fragments, olives, or hair. I mean if you paid for it, it's is your responsibility that you get what you want and not bend over for someone else mistake and take it. . . and it the server or manager gives you trouble then reflect the severity of the situation in how much you want to tip if at all.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:39 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 10:39 AM #31 of 31
I'm a little shocked that everyone keeps assuming that if the order is messed up and one complains about it then the food you will get in return will automatically have saliva in it.

I worked at a Taco Bell for three years and I never once had the inclination to spit in the food, nor did I see anyone else do it, no matter how bad the customer. I mean, who knows what goes on in some other restaurants (Burger King seems to be a giant culprit, according to the posts) but I'm pretty sure it's not standard practice, at least around here, to spit in food.

As Shorty put it above, even at a fast food restaurant is completely understandable to the majority of the fast food workers to explain, calmly and without blame, that there was a miscommunication and the order was incorrect. As long as you allow them the chance to fix it, stay calm, and say "Thank you" afterward, they really will replace the order.

What's more, I want to jump back on the soapbox to let everyone know that it really is a good idea to be really considerate to the fast food workers. After hours of handling apathetic customers, when we get a really polite customer we tend to make sure their order is perfect, throw in extra items and the like. This is the case at the expense of the other orders, sometime.

In other words: Yes, I "bitch", but I do it nicely and I've never had an experience that was really terrible.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > You're such an ASSHOLE.