Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Forum Idea

Kyndig
Syklis Green

Member 2709

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2010, 08:22 AM #1 of 5
Forum Idea

I was thinking that it would be nice to have a forum devoted to people selling things. Seems that I see journal entries pop up now and then with stuff for sale but I'm not sure where people would make threads about it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:30 AM #2 of 5
It's an interesting idea but I'm not sure of the legal ramifications. We pretty much let people do as they want in their journals. But we don't like advertising on the forums and well that's kinda close. Also what if someone doesn't deliver on their end and some shmo blames the forums. I dunno. It would be nice but sometimes there are reasons we can't have nice things.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:05 AM #3 of 5
The last time someone brought this up, there was a thread in Video Games. Nobody has posted in it since 2008.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kyndig
Syklis Green

Member 2709

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2010, 01:35 PM #4 of 5
An actual forum devoted to the selling of things is a far cry from a thread tucked away in the VG forum.

I'm not sure how the legal aspect of it would work out. Perhaps someone could whip up some sort of disclaimer that would automatically be at the top of any thread created.

Most amazing jew boots
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2010, 02:52 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2010, 01:52 PM #5 of 5
What legality to worry about is there? Sending money to some douchetrain on the internet is not exactly illegal or against GFF rules or whatever the fuck.

Disclaimer is what. We aren't responsibly for someone dicking you over. This is implied.

Also make threads. There's also one in General Game Music by Kishin for the VGM CDs. These things have been tried but not been successful, probably because people on GFF are cheap fucks.

I'm willing to try a subforum but I can't imagine it being particularily successful. If anyone is willing to try a run I'm down, but I lack forum making powers, so.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > Forum Idea