Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 165 Voting/WEEK 166 Nominating

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:09 AM #26 of 33
3 points: Till the Crack of Doom (Final Stage)
1 point: [UK PROGRESSIVE] mind the gap
1 point: WAR OH! (Boss Scene 1)
1 point: Streetwize
Just missed: Subway, Flying

Easy point spread. Geryon Hill was such an awkward listen, what with the random bombast at 0:45, and the rest of the tune meandering aimlessly before fading out... I can't even imagine what context that would work with.

Aside from that, and the main melody of the Boom Blox track, good week! The 1 pointers in particular were top notch, and if Till the Crack of Doom were not the most perfect final stage theme ever made, they would've most likely seen more points.

Most amazing jew boots
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:51 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2009, 02:51 PM #27 of 33
Excellent week with much variety and a lot to like.

2 points: Boom Blox Original Music - Blocks Up Hoe Down
2 points: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (Game Rip) - Streetwize
2 points: Symphonic Poem Argos no Senshi Original Soundtrack - Geryon Hill
Just missed: Till the crack of doom (Final Stage), WAR OH! (Boss Scene 1), Flying

And thanks to the person that uploaded my nom!

Additional Spam:
  • Album Title: Tetris (Famicom Game Rip)
  • Artist: Goblin Sound
  • Track Title: Technotris
  • Source: Famicom World - Tetris BPS, NSF file tags
  • Year: 1988

Last edited by Duck King; Mar 30, 2009 at 08:11 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2009, 09:17 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2009, 04:17 PM #28 of 33
Still in time to nominate, I see.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2009, 09:31 AM #29 of 33
I was just looking up info now: that soundtrack was released on January 19 of this year, so it's not going to be three months by the time it comes up (next week, man we need nominations).

I swear I'm not targeting your nominations.
Oh, I see how it is. You're afraid that the raw, animal power my nominations will unleash will sweep me to victory, and you can't handle it! So you've all conspired to keep me in my place--fifth place. Very well, but my vengeance will be slow in the making and swift in the unleashing!

Seriously, though, just bank SimAnimals for later.

Nomination #3
Album Title: Mass Effect
Artist: Jack Wall, Sam Hulick, Richard Jaques, David Kates
Track Title: Virmire Ride
Source: Kataah's rip
Year: 2007

Incidentally, I don't have a problem with Paper Mario. This week has given me a much more laissez-faire attitude on that point.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Opfer
nice

Member 28563

Level 18.16

Mar 2008

Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:30 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2009, 06:30 PM #30 of 33
beatmaniaIIDX12 HAPPY SKY ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - [UK PROGRESSIVE] mind the gap
Some parts could have been a little more subdued in my opinion, and the melody isn't my cup of tea either.

Boom Blox Original Music - Blocks Up Hoe Down
Catchy melody, has some weird moments, but I like the upbeat feeling of this track.

Cybernator (Game Rip) - Till the crack of doom (Final Stage)
Nothing memorable here as far as I'm concerned.

Darius Remix - WAR OH! (Boss Scene 1)
I really like this one. Great variety in both melody and instrumentation. Satisfying bass line. Very nice.

Flyff (Game Rip) - Theme 6 - Flying
This one is pretty solid, too. Nothing too outstanding as far as I'm concerned though.

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (Game Rip) - Streetwize
Not as awesome as "Pull Back The Bass", but still pretty nice.

Symphonic Poem Argos no Senshi Original Soundtrack - Geryon Hill
In a few places, it sounded like it'd turn into one of those orchestrations mixed with more modern elements, but that didn't really happen, and I'm not a big fan of classic orchestral pieces.

TimeSplitters Future Perfect (Game Rip) - Subway
The beats sure are cool, but they get really repetitive after a while, especially considering the length of the track. Doesn't have much melody either, the little that is at the end can't make up for that either.

3 Points: Darius Remix - WAR OH! (Boss Scene 1)
2 Points: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (Game Rip) - Streetwize
1 Point: Flyff (Game Rip) - Theme 6 - Flying

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:17 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2009, 04:17 PM #31 of 33
Voting is closed and nominations are restricted!

1). [21] Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (Game Rip) - Streetwize
2). [17] Darius Remix - WAR OH! (Boss Scene 1)
3). [15] Flyff (Game Rip) - Theme 6 - Flying
4). [11] Cybernator (Game Rip) - Till the crack of doom (Final Stage)
5). [8] beatmaniaIIDX12 HAPPY SKY ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - [UK PROGRESSIVE] mind the gap
6). [7] Boom Blox Original Music - Blocks Up Hoe Down
7). [3] Symphonic Poem Argos no Senshi Original Soundtrack - Geryon Hill
8). [2] TimeSplitters Future Perfect (Game Rip) - Subway

I'll make an eligibility thread for the Paper Mario track, hopefully some time in the next 24 hours.

Most amazing jew boots
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:07 PM #32 of 33
I'm okay with the Paper Mario nomination as long as the particular track isn't a blatant remix of any of the well-known Mario themes. And if it is, I'll simply recognize it as such and dock it points appropriately.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:15 PM #33 of 33
Yay! I'm glad people enjoyed Streetwize. I encourage those who liked this and Pull Back the Bass (took 2nd in week 62) to check out the rest of the JJ2 soundtrack, it's fantastic.

I was just looking at my SotW history - it took me till week 83 to get my first gold, and now 82 weeks later I get my second. That's consistency (or ineptitude).

I feel like I've heard versions of the Brandon "sound" in this track as well as others, but I'm not going to hold it against him.
He definitely has a signature sound, and that sound is what I love.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 165 Voting/WEEK 166 Nominating