Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Final Fantasy XII

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:38 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 08:38 AM #2501 of 4284
You know, it didn't start doing this until I requested mark information from Montblanc and then tried to go to the Giza plains. It always worked before.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:17 PM #2502 of 4284
Originally Posted by Jamma
Glitched; like your post...?

PN, get your game to the store you bought it from and demand a replacement pronto. Be brutal.

And on topic... which of the past FFs do you all think has had the biggest references to (if any) in the game?
Piccolo, it sounds like your game is screwy. My suggestion would be to continue the story so more marks open up and try again. If you're still unable to go into Giza, try to get another copy of the game. What hunt is it anyway? You could find out if other people with the CE have that problem.

Spoiler:
Jamma, there's references here and there but when you go and fight Gilgamesh, that's one of the most blatant moments. As you beat down his health, he uses each one of his 6 arms to bring out a new sword. These are "supposedly" the real deal as his info states, but apparently the validity of that claim is questioned by the game itself. From what I remember he brings them out in this order:

1. Buster Sword
2. Gunblade
3. Caladbolg
4. Brotherhood

There's a skull one and a regular-ish sword that I don't remember. Possibly from older FFs.

Ah, last night I got Zeromus, the Condemner. If you set your gambits up and have enough X-Potions, he shouldn't be able to kill you with his gravity spells (Piercing Graviga, etc..).

Question: Anyone know what increases the chances of an Esper using their Technick? Adrammelech and Zeromus both always use theirs at the end of their stay, with Fran and Penelo respectively as their summoners. Belias has only done his once
Spoiler:
(against the Demon Wall)
same for Mateus.

Oh, almost forgot. For all those who want to set their Espers to certain characters but need some info, here's this: Zeromus' Gravity Well normal attack is based on the difference between his max and current HP. So Cobalt's decoy strategy would definitely work here to great benefit.

Zeromus' Big Bang = Awesome

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 01:11 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 10:11 AM #2503 of 4284
@Metal Sphere
Where can I get X-Potions and what are they doing? Filling up the whole HP? Which lvl are your characters?

Certain Espers need some complicated conditions before it can trigger the end-attack which I find stupid and unnecessary confusing. Ultima for example uses her finish-move only when she AND the player have both critical HP levels which can be very hard to trigger.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Elrasiel; Nov 27, 2006 at 01:19 PM.
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 01:20 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 08:20 PM #2504 of 4284
Originally Posted by Jamma
And on topic... which of the past FFs do you all think has had the biggest references to (if any) in the game?
Some of the Espers' names are references to final bosses of earlier games. (Not to mention that the word Esper is a referance in itself.)

Chaos: FF
Zeromus: FFIV
Ex-Death: FFV

Though, for some crazy reason Ex-Death was renamed Exodus for the NA release.

Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Question: Anyone know what increases the chances of an Esper using their Technick?
The requirement seems to be, for most Espers, either that only a short time remains before the summoning is finished, or that the Esper (or sometimes the summoner) is in critical status.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 01:27 PM #2505 of 4284
Originally Posted by Elrasiel
@Metal Sphere
Where can I get X-Potions and what are they doing? Filling up the whole HP? Which lvl are your characters?
I first got X-Potions on one of the airships flights. I don't remember what story event made them available, but check there. Where are you at now storywise?

X-Potions restore a big chunk of HP, more if you have the licenses that increase the amount restored by potions, even more if you the Pheasant Netsuke accessory.

Vaan (Runeblade), Balthier (Save the Queen) and Penelo (Perseus Bow) are my main team and they're at 77. Basch, Fran and Ashe are at 62. The only reason this disparity exists is because I got lazy and didn't want to do the DeadBones crap for team #2.

I was cheap with Zeromus though. X-Potions/Phoenix Downs on Gambits, Bubble Belts, buffed before the battle.
Spoiler:
I also have Reddas on my team so I'm sure that caused him to concentrate elsewhere.

The Dark Lords that spawn endlessly, IMO, are much more of a menace. Zeromus is too if you don't keep an eye on your HP (unlike your gravity spells, his will kill you). The DLs spam Dark/Darkra/Darkga like the Deadbones spam the -ara spells. Hang in there and you'll win. No cheap-shit Death spells like Zalera.

Edit:

Quote:
Certain Espers need some complicated conditions before it can trigger the end-attack which I find stupid and unnecessary confusing. Ultima for example uses her finish-move only when she AND the player have both critical HP levels which can be very hard to trigger.
Quote:
The requirement seems to be, for most Espers, either that only a short time remains before the summoning is finished, or that the Esper (or sometimes the summoner) is in critical status.
What the... Looks like Zeromus is one of the easiest when taking that HP critical requirement, as he gets stronger as his HP drops. Neither of them were near critical in both battles. Looks like he's one of the first types, that bows out by using their special (I tried to get him to do it before, but Penelo kept killing the Toads he was trying to Big Bang, but he kept re-trying which reinforces my little guess).

Ditto for Adrammelech with Fran. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Nov 27, 2006 at 01:32 PM.
Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 01:37 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 10:37 AM #2506 of 4284
I am currently on my way to the Darklor Laboratorys. I always thought that the potions licence was only for the standart (weak) potion. How much more do they heal? Like 10% with each licence?

Most amazing jew boots
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 01:42 PM #2507 of 4284
I am currently on my way to the Darklor Laboratorys. I always thought that the potions licence was only for the standart (weak) potion.
Hmm, not long until they show up. I always assumed that they apply to any item that has potion in the name,

Quote:
How much more do they heal? Like 10% with each licence?
Have the game booted up, so here's how much is healed with a potion after all Potion Lores have been acquired (Ashe/Fran/Basch have their HP full):

Potion: 150
Hi-Potion: 600
X-Potion: 2400

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 01:58 PM #2508 of 4284
Speaking of getting summons...I FINALLY got Adrammelech last night. The book says its the easiest summon to get, and that worries me, because I had a hard time trying to get him. It took me four tries in a time frame of two weeks to get him. I finally got the magic 'Bubble' and the Bubble belts, so im sure that helped. I'm right now just doing Hunts while at the Phon Coast, but I think i'm gonna stop for a little and continue on in the story. I need better magic if im to fight bigger and badder hunts and summons.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 02:40 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 11:40 AM #2509 of 4284
As far as I can tell, there's references to every single FF along with the copious Ivalice game refs too. FFV got the most out of all the numbered FFs though.

Game references:

FFI - Chaos, Garland (airship name)
FFII - Queen Hilda (airship name)
FFIII - Famfrit
FFIV - Zeromus
FFV - Exodus, Gilgamesh, Excalibur & Excalibur XII (Gilgamesh wep)
FFVI - Esper, Magicite
FFVII - Buster Sword Replica (Gilgamesh wep)
FFVIII - Gunblade Replica (Gilgamesh wep), Steel Cutter Replica (Gilgamesh wep, formerly Odin's sword)
FFIX - Not much, since the game is filled with refs anyway.
FFX - Brotherhood Replica
FFXI - Cloister of Flame (room name where you fight Belias, same as the area you fight Ifrit in XI)
FFT - Far too much, but for espers: Adrammelech, Cuchulainn, Zalera, Ultima, Zodiark, Belias, Hashmal
Vagrant Story - Riskbreaker (clan rank)
FFTA - Mateus
Dragon Warrior I-III - Legendary Sword (Gilgamesh wep)

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Cobalt Katze; Nov 27, 2006 at 02:48 PM.
Vash
Chocobo

Member 1502

Level 12.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:21 PM #2510 of 4284
About the FFIX reference in FFXII...
Spoiler:
The only reference I saw of FFIX in FFXII was Gilgamesh's Orichalum/Orichalcum replica (which is the dagger Zidane starts out with)

I'm going to copy/paste what I posted yesterday because its still a problem for me, and it was apparently overlooked by you all. This is only for those who know about the Great Crystal in Giruvegan, not sure I should spoiler tag this but whatever:
Spoiler:
I'm in the Great Crystal (the area within Giruvegan). Just beat Ultima, my main party (Vaan, Ashe, and Balthier) are all level 77, so the fight was a breeze. But to the point, none of the treasure rooms along the way to Ultima (except for the Excalibur sword, which took me two backtracks to get) had any worthy treaure in them (only 2-4 gil!). No matter how many times I backtrack I can't get any good items. I read somewhere that the Stone Sword is here, but none of the treasure rooms are giving anything up...what's the deal? Keep in mind I JUST beat Ultima, so I haven't backtracked since then to see if beating her unlocked the treasures.

Sig and ava made by me
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:43 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 05:43 AM #2511 of 4284
There are more Vagrant Story references. That even tie Vagrant Story to Ivalice.

I'll give you a clue: Old Valendian calender.

They ofc don't say its the same Valendia as in VS but its easy to think so:

Don't read this spoiler if you aren't past Giruvegan.

Spoiler:
The Occuria gave the Netechite to the Dynast King, and he used it to conquer the lands of Valendia and *dont remember what other country's name is right now* One could conclude that VS happened before the advent of all this fantastical magi-tech that the stones enable. Also one would imagine that as it is a middle age style world in VS magic and dragons that aren't native to the region would become myths and legends that are easily showed past by the religious people of Valendia.

FELIPE NO
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:43 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 08:43 PM #2512 of 4284
I noticed the Valendia reference as well.

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:50 PM #2513 of 4284
Oh oh oh! I made it to Archades! YAYYY!!

I dunno...I'm probably just abnormal, but the route from Nalbina to Archades wasn't horrible as people said it was. I wasn't bored anyway. The Phon Coast is so pretty!!

Haha, the first boss in the Sochen Palace was awesome! It was a total pain, yes, but so cute and funny at the same time!

Then I came to a large door further on and thought to myself, "you know...this is a large door. I bet there's a boss behind it. I should go all the back and save the game first." I never did go back to save though. I OPENED THE DOOR AND OH NO! A BOSS!!

I thought maybe I'd lose miserably and have to start over, but NO! It was incredibly easy for me. Just a few curing now and then, but other than that, all I did was hack away with all three of my warriors :D No Espers, no Quickenings. Just straight out slicing and dicing. Boss fell like a brick.

Archades is pretty! I stopped after doing that matching hame :D I can't wait to see what happens next!

Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:22 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 09:22 PM #2514 of 4284
I'm almost there as well with my lvl 47 character. Everything storyrelated is a breeze by now but how is the boss Ahriman? I don't think that this will be any challenge for my team but I'm just curious.

@Vash
There are certain accessories with which you can get rare items from the chests. Maybe you should try it with one of these?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:32 AM #2515 of 4284
Haha level 47??? My party was at level 35/36 when I beat Ahriman, and I did it with no sweat, or maybe I was just very lucky. All I did was have the team use their weapons (nothing fancy at all) and the boss' HP just went down like a hot knife through butter. It went down pretty fast for a boss, in my opinion.

The first boss fight was tougher for me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Freelance; Nov 28, 2006 at 12:38 AM.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:38 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 09:38 PM #2516 of 4284
Originally Posted by Kensaki
There are more Vagrant Story references. That even tie Vagrant Story to Ivalice.

I'll give you a clue: Old Valendian calender.

They ofc don't say its the same Valendia as in VS but its easy to think so:

Don't read this spoiler if you aren't past Giruvegan.

Spoiler:
The Occuria gave the Netechite to the Dynast King, and he used it to conquer the lands of Valendia and *dont remember what other country's name is right now* One could conclude that VS happened before the advent of all this fantastical magi-tech that the stones enable. Also one would imagine that as it is a middle age style world in VS magic and dragons that aren't native to the region would become myths and legends that are easily showed past by the religious people of Valendia.
Aye, all the Ivalice games do take place within the same world, just in different time periods of a grand overlying timeline. Tactics' particular storyline takes place further in the future from both VS and XII, as a complete reversion to medieval times spurred by technology getting out of hand. Hence the airship graveyard found at the end of FFT (albeit stylistically different), as well as the mention in the game that moogles had died out as a species at that time

(All details from FFT, nothing to do with XII)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:42 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 09:42 PM #2517 of 4284
Mine was with Mateus. That little bitch with her filthy Elements was nasty...

Moogle died out??.....NOOO!

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:58 AM #2518 of 4284
I beat that motherfucker Fafnir with a BAT. Godforsaken White Breath is ridiculously overpowered, and it sometimes hits you with Stop for great victory. Luckily my gambits took care of that stop issue, but this clown is insane. His rake attack does a good 1.2k+ with Protega+Shellga up and Maximillian on Ashe. Jesus, had I not put on Bubble Chains, I would've lost easily and this is with my secondary team at level 72.

Good thing is that you get Assassin's Arrows from that, so hurray for On Hit: KO effect for Penelo. Also:

Spoiler:
Ice-Queen Relj has a complete change of heart and starts helping out the people of Bur-Omisace. Heck, even the rain that persisted from when the Gran Kiltias was killed stopped and everyone's dialogue changed. Another interesting tidbit is that the Nu Mou that gives you the stone of the condemner hits you up with a morality lesson involving walking with Zeromus.

Took down Deathgaze, easily one of the most annoying dragons (Fafnir has this guy beat though), since his Crushing Fangs or whatever seems to KO the target character on some random basis. Aside from Curse at the beginning, it was easy. The physical immunity for most of the fight might make it challenging for some folks, though.

Going to try and beat Diabolos and Wild Malboro (Jesus Christ, at least it's not rank VII like Carrot).

Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:56 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 11:56 PM #2519 of 4284
I'm wondering how much it takes to call Zodiarc your own. The strongest of all Espers.

FELIPE NO
jb1234
Good Chocobo

Member 1985

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 03:04 AM #2520 of 4284
I just beat it at 45 hours. I decided to check out the final dungeon on a whim (not buying the best weapons and spells) and it was STILL a cakewalk. The final battles were embarrassing (although entertaining).

Despite my overall dissatisfaction with the story, the ending was satisfying.

Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 05:22 AM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 02:22 AM #2521 of 4284
lol I'm have 44h and just arrived at Archadia. Probably because of all the leveling (lvl 48 by now) but when do I get the bubble magick and accessoire? Finally bought me some X-Potions but I want bubbles!!!

I just hope that they won't mess up story of XIII too...

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 07:59 AM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 06:59 AM #2522 of 4284
lol I'm have 44h and just arrived at Archadia. Probably because of all the leveling (lvl 48 by now) but when do I get the bubble magick and accessoire? Finally bought me some X-Potions but I want bubbles!!!
You can buy Bubble at Clan Centurio's clan shop in the Mithru Bazaar once you attain a certain rank. I can't remember what it is off the top of my head, though. Paragon of Justice?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 08:05 AM #2523 of 4284
Jesus that makes me wonder what I've been doing for so long. I'm over 90 hours and around level 60, but it didn't feel like I was leveling or grinding that much for items. I haven't even reached Archadia yet.

Guess it's the combined effort of filling the bestiary, mark hunts and the damn licence board.

You don't need that high a rank to get Bubble to appear. I think it's 2 or 3 ranks below that. Riskbreaker I believe.

How ya doing, buddy?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 08:11 AM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 06:11 AM #2524 of 4284
Riskbreaker, huh? Coolness.

Most amazing jew boots

Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:17 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 09:17 AM #2525 of 4284
@Xellos
With 90h still at lvl60? You must've solved a lot of sidequest but you cant mess with the stronger fights like that.
Where can I acutally buy the bubble belt?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Final Fantasy XII