Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Aug 9, 2008, 10:06 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2008, 03:06 PM #201 of 595
SO!

A new ARG has started. This year, Comic-Con brought with it a trailer of sorts (well, a viral vid) teasing S5. We learn Marvin Candle's real name and other fascinating things are hinted at.

YouTube Video

Also, the Dharma Initiative has a new logo (that's Dharma and not DHARMA - odd):

Talk about building hype early. I shall be keeping an eye on this one.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Chip
SquareEnix's #1 Whore

Member 1989

Level 11.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2008, 11:16 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2008, 12:16 PM #202 of 595
Daaaaaaaaamn! Cant wait for S5!!!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
PSN: Squareh00r
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 09:26 PM #203 of 595
Season 5 poster has been revealed. Fairly standard fare, but with the season premiere drawing ever closer, I think it warranted the massive bump.

Personally, I don't know what to expect this season. I *loved* Season 4 after I despised Season 3. I'm not too sure if I am thrilled with the direction they've taken it, with a bunch of the Losties off the island and the rest still on it. The seasonal arc is already well-known, with the season being devoted to the gang off the island trying to get back. Based solely on that, it sounds like it will be somewhat of a filler season, kinda like Season 3.

Either way, I'm pumped beyond belief.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:11 PM #204 of 595
Doesn't Season 5 start on January 21st?

I'm so psyched, though I am kind of nervous as to where they're going to take things. ESPECIALLY now that there's a clear division between the camps of the island. I just hope there's nothing stupid to come.

I HAVE HOPE. I'm also a little bitter about Jack and Sawyer being clear front men on the poster. KATE, YOU WHORE. (Love Locke's stance though. "I'M THE BADASS HERE, GUYS. WHERE'S JACOB. CAN'T FIND HIM WITHOUT FATTIE")

How ya doing, buddy?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:30 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2008, 02:30 PM #205 of 595
Thanks to the wonders of the interwebs, torrents and stuff, I can finally partake in the Lost discussions as soon as they come out in America. Fast-tracked in Australia? If fast track means two-weeks behind, Channel 7 .

It's pretty awesome to see Desmond in there. The Scottish time-traveler still has some stories to tell! What's making me nervous is the lack of Jin ;__;. What's happened to him?

It might be a filler Season like Season 3, but with around 34-36 episodes left I don't think there'll be many wasted episodes. Here's hoping January comes fast.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:52 PM #206 of 595
Quote:
What's making me nervous is the lack of Jin ;__;. What's happened to him?
Did you see the finale of Season 4? If not, don't look at the following spoiler!

Spoiler:
He got blown the fuck on up! I don't think he's dead, but of course they won't hint at him being alive if at all possible.

Quote:
It might be a filler Season like Season 3, but with around 34-36 episodes left I don't think there'll be many wasted episodes. Here's hoping January comes fast.
What gives me hope that it won't be is that unlike in Season 3, they now know where they're going with the show, so it hopefully won't be a ton of junk filler. JACK'S TATTOO REDUX!

Most amazing jew boots
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:29 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2008, 03:29 PM #207 of 595
Did you see the finale of Season 4? If not, don't look at the following spoiler!

[spoiler]

What gives me hope that it won't be is that unlike in Season 3, they now know where they're going with the show, so it hopefully won't be a ton of junk filler. JACK'S TATTOO REDUX!
Yeh, I know that scene, but does the lack of Jin (in the poster) pretty much confirm his fate? I sure hope that its just to throw us off and he shows up alive and chillin' with the "Left-Behinders".

FELIPE NO
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2008, 12:00 AM #208 of 595
Yeh, I know that scene, but does the lack of Jin (in the poster) pretty much confirm his fate? I sure hope that its just to throw us off and he shows up alive and chillin' with the "Left-Behinders".
I doubt he's dead. He's too big of a character to just flat-out kill like that. If he goes, he needs to go out in a blaze of glory.

Personally, I think his death is being covered up. Hopefully we'll get some answers this season.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Nov 23, 2008, 03:53 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2008, 09:53 AM #209 of 595
Personally, I don't know what to expect this season. I *loved* Season 4 after I despised Season 3. I'm not too sure if I am thrilled with the direction they've taken it, with a bunch of the Losties off the island and the rest still on it. The seasonal arc is already well-known, with the season being devoted to the gang off the island trying to get back. Based solely on that, it sounds like it will be somewhat of a filler season, kinda like Season 3.
Yeah, same here. Season 3 pretty much sucked balls, but I totally loved Season 4 and how things developed. It will be hard for Season 5 to top that. Considering the fact that it's the final season, it better be good, right?

chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2008, 05:03 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2008, 09:03 PM #210 of 595
Yeah, same here. Season 3 pretty much sucked balls, but I totally loved Season 4 and how things developed. It will be hard for Season 5 to top that. Considering the fact that it's the final season, it better be good, right?
Actually, there's one more season after this one, so while it may not be the final season the episodes may still have some solid content in them seeing as how they have an end date now and know how to play the story out.

Here's hoping they don't bring a mountain full of new mysteries. Hopefully they'll go back to the earlier seasons and start answering some of the smaller questions, leaving Season 6 for the big ones (such as the monster, Jacob and so on).

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2008, 05:44 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2008, 03:44 PM #211 of 595
Lostgasm

YouTube Video

-bounces with joy-

Most amazing jew boots
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2008, 05:48 PM #212 of 595
It's really hard to follow all that. It's been too long since I saw the previous season. Perhaps another viewing is in order.

Or maybe I'll just ignore it. I'm losing faith. ;_;

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:38 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2008, 03:38 AM #213 of 595
Ahhhhh oh god. I am impatient for new content. They've barely even been drip-feeding bits of plot this year; the latest ARG was weak as fuck.

Can't wait for the return of the weekly ritual/habit.

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:18 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2009, 06:18 PM #214 of 595
This doesn't have anything to do with Season 5, but I'm rewatching 1-4 before the 5 premiere, and having wrapped up Season 2 the other day, I found a few cool easter eggs. I doubt they're anything more than that and so can't expect small things like these to get an explanation, but nonetheless they're fun to find. Maybe these are all old news but they're new to me:

Spoiler:

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2009, 08:11 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2009, 12:11 AM #215 of 595
Alrighty then. By the time I finish writing this, it'll be the 21st over here. While the new season of Lost ain't starting until the 22nd for me, I'm completely hyped for the new Season after the awesomeness of Season 4.

A few advanced reviews of Episodes 1-3 give a very good outlook so far. Supposedly the "format" of the show will go beyond the flash-back/flash-forward formula they've had in the past. The best news, however, is that there'll be a LOT of answered questions. The ratio of questions to answers will apparently favour the latter and while stuff like Smokey and Jacob won't be touched upon until the last season, we'll finally be able to figure out the mysteries that have alluded us from the very start.

I'm excited. You're excited. Here's to a crazy-ass fifth season!

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jan 20, 2009, 09:15 AM Local time: Jan 20, 2009, 02:15 PM #216 of 595
Can't fucking wait. Season three left a bitter taste in my mouth, and although that lingered for the first few episodes of the fourth, it quickly turned into the best fucking season of any TV series I've ever seen. The Constant, Cabin Fever... So many amazing episodes. All killer, no filler.

Hopefully the fifth season will continue to deliver.

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 02:13 AM Local time: Jan 22, 2009, 01:13 AM #217 of 595
While I was definitely satisfied by tonight's episode, I am still left with the feeling that in the end, the show will not reach any sort of emotional or intellectual peak, but will instead just sort of tie up the loose ends. In the 1-hour special before tonight's episode, the interview hinted at this...

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 01:19 PM Local time: Jan 23, 2009, 05:19 AM #218 of 595
While I was definitely satisfied by tonight's episode, I am still left with the feeling that in the end, the show will not reach any sort of emotional or intellectual peak, but will instead just sort of tie up the loose ends. In the 1-hour special before tonight's episode, the interview hinted at this...
I agree. Despite the great pace in moving the plot forward, the lack of connection to any of the characters left somewhat of a hollow feeling. The Oceanic 6's gloominess and depression just made it harder to give a damn about any of them (apart from Hurley. Everybody loves Hurley! =D)

Desmond's "unique and special characteristic" is one of the new questions that piqued my interest. Please explain, Faraday!

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 01:35 PM 1 #219 of 595
It was odd having the show back.

I found almost everything entirely too predictable. Chris and I were calling each and every shot as they came without having read any spoilers.

I feel very little connection to them all, and I kept seeing stupid shit which seemed to throw a monkey wrench in everything. O NO, HURLEY IS ACCUSED OF MURDER? Whatever shall we DO? And then the Island skipping like a record in time, how STUPID and ANNOYING. Ugh. The only good that came out of that was Locke's expression when shit kept skipping.

I LOVED the random appearance of Ana Lucia, though. I was giddy with excitement, just because it made a real connection in my head to how things were. Dead people everywhere, Hurley is awesome, so on.

I felt like the premiere kind of dragged and made little use of a 2 hour spot. O WELL.

Farraday was once cool in my book. Now he seems like this textbook lunatic physicist and I couldn't give a damn about him and his stupid red-headed girlfriend.

I want to see more development in the characters, and not just rushing forward on the mainland. SAYID GETS DARTED, HURLEY DRAGS HIM ACROSS EVERYWHERE. Let's throw some BEN in for good measure!

I don't know. I guess my passion for the show is dwindling.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Jan 22, 2009 at 01:38 PM.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 04:15 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2009, 11:15 PM #220 of 595
Seems like Faraday was the only character that had something to actually do in these episodes. Otherwise, NOTHING HAPPENED. Nothing. Which reminds me of season 1.

I kinda hoped Locke would be dead and I wouldn't have to see him, the monster, the cabin or other inane bullshit again. I hope they won't try to answer too many of these questions the previous seasons have left hanging in the air. The characters would actually get unlost if that happened and the point of the show would be ruined. Keep the strange shit piling up, c'est la vie.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 04:34 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2009, 09:34 PM #221 of 595
I thought the premiere was pretty good. They brought out the characteristic mindfucks in force (although, aside from the first five minutes or so, most of it was fairly predictable), and confirmed a few things people have been wondering.

Here's hoping they'll follow BSG's lead and cut the fuck down on one-off filler episodes. Everybody who gave a fuck about Jack and his goddamned tattoos has hopefully stopped watching by now.

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2009, 01:52 AM #222 of 595
Some interesting [sorta] ideas popped up, at least. Like when Locke was near the plane and Ethan shot him--when he was originally there with Boone, didn't his leg stop working too? I'm also curious about Desmond being 'special'. Probably because of being so close to the 'explosion' when he turned the failsafe key. Maybe.

Ana Lucia's appearance was great. That whole dialogue made me laugh.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:37 AM Local time: Jan 29, 2009, 05:37 AM #223 of 595
So Richard Alpert. Immortal or what? Dude sure looks handsome for someone who looks to be the same age in 1954.

FELIPE NO
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2009, 01:32 PM #224 of 595
So Richard Alpert. Immortal or what? Dude sure looks handsome for someone who looks to be the same age in 1954.
I'm pretty sure a couple of seasons ago, they established that Richard never ages. Ben as a CHILD meets him in the jungle, and he looks exactly the same.

Richard is a "native." Not one of the "others." I'm not sure why anyone who isn't a survivor is called an Other, but there's clearly different camps of Others. (Dharma, which Ben is technically one of, but killed everyone off) and the people who fought Dharma's presence - the Natives.

Clearly, people were calling Juliet an "Other," but she was just hired on. I dislike the lack of distinction.

Meanwhile, I felt like I learned nothing last night save for the fact that Widmore was in his youth on the island and worked under Richard. Which confused me a bit, since Ben also worked under Richard.

So why would Ben and Charles go up against each other. Ugh, I knew it would boil down to this. I shouldn't be surprised.

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2009, 04:01 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2009, 11:01 PM #225 of 595
Text to fill out the front page in case somebody still anals about being spoiled of this pile of shit.

So why would Ben and Charles go up against each other. Ugh, I knew it would boil down to this. I shouldn't be surprised.
I think that's one of the "main" questions the writers want to answer. I don't care why "the rules changed" when Charles killed Alex. I don't care why those two have manhate towards each other.

Also, a boring episode. Charlotte's nosebleed was curious enough, though. She seems to take this time travelling too seriously.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]