Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Heroes Season Two Discussion

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 07:41 PM #1 of 191
Heroes Season Two Discussion

The second season of Heroes begins tomorrow evening for those in the United States. There's sure to be quite a few revelations and a slew of new mysteries.

I read an interview with Tim Kring, in TV Guide, a few days ago. Kring stated that this season will find Noah Bennet and his family relocated to California and will follow his attempts to pick up the shattered pieces of his family life while eluding his former employers.

Claire will also find a new life apart from her old family and will develop a romantic interest. This will be sunshine and roses until she discovers the same injection markings on his collarbone as those found on Parkman, Sprague and others.

Niki and Jessica will continue to resolve their inner conflicts, though things may not work out for the best, especially where torn interests in Micah are concerned. Curiously, Leonard Roberts, the actor who played D.L. Hawkins, is not on the Season Two cast list at this moment. Hawkins was severly injured at the end of the first Season, and the alternate-future Sylar was shown to have stolen D.L.'s abilities. Perhaps Roberts' absence and this storyline are connected.

Season Two will also place a more significant emphasis upon the old guard heroes such as Linderman, Mr. Deveaux, Angela Petrelli, Mr. Nakamura, and others. Takezo Kensei, original owner of the sword, will also play an important role, as he is supposedly over one millenium in age.

There will naturally be new heroes also. In addition to Takezo Kensei and Claire's unnamed love interest, superpowered individuals Maya Herrera and Monica Dawson will appear. It has been revealed that Dawson is a relative of D.L.. Another hero, Elle (portrayed by Veronica Mars' Kristin Bell) will appear near the mid-season point and will possess significant skills involving electricity. These are the ones revealed thus far.

It's too early to speculate on much else, but matters will unfold.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:06 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 02:36 PM #2 of 191
I'm so glad that Australia is only getting this a week after you guys. I'll be able to go into a Heroes thread and not be completely overrun by spoilers that ruin the whole series, the spoilers will only ruin the next episode.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:27 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2007, 11:27 PM #3 of 191
So, I started reading the first post by Crash and I had to stop because I'm only halfway through the first season. I just bought the box set and I'm definitely not disappointed. I just wish I would have bought it a week ago so I could have had enough time to watch all the episodes before the season premiere Monday night.

Does anyone know if NBC shows episodes on their website after they've already aired? I could always watch this one online after I finish the DVDs (as I don't have a TiVO).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 03:58 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 09:58 AM #4 of 191
I just hope that season two is going to be nearly as good as season 1. LOST pretty much showed how NOT to make a good sequel after season two.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
xiaowei
Bear Leisure

Member 792

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 08:35 AM #5 of 191
Let's hope it's beginning of season 1 and not the finale of season 1 type of good. Just saying.

I was speaking idiomatically.
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 02:48 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 01:48 PM #6 of 191
Does anyone know if NBC shows episodes on their website after they've already aired? I could always watch this one online after I finish the DVDs (as I don't have a TiVO).
Last year, you could watch Heroes on NBC.com after the episode aired. I believe they even kept a couple of older episodes up, so you could catch up on a couple weeks at a time, but don't quote me on that as I may have been thinking Grey's Anatomy.

I'm pumped for this premiere tonight. This is THE show to be watching this year. Others are great too (House, Grey's Anatomy, etc.) but this one is top-notch.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Yeldarb
River Chocobo

Member 4464

Level 24.63

Apr 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 03:06 PM #7 of 191
My anticipation of the new season has been going on for weeks now. In reality, I mixed up the dates and thought that the new season was starting last week but I was mistaken.

Anyways I'm just so psyched for the premiere tonight and to learn the other secrets that may be at hand.

FELIPE NO
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 03:44 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 02:44 PM #8 of 191
Yay, new season! Last season I read too much into spoilers. I'll try hard not to this time, to better my viewing experience.

I wonder if they'll continue doing those alternate reality games online with Hiro's blog, Hana's blog, primatech website, etc. That was such a handful to keep up with. (BTW, did they include any of that on the DVD for those who missed it?)

As for full shows on NBC.com.. I remember they started showing those online about mid-season. In any case, if you missed the show on TV or can't view them on NBC.com because you live in another country, I'm sure there will be those divx/xvid rips online and I'll try to keep you guys posted on those links.

Looks like everyone is going to be happy tonight, except the other channels.. and especially Anthony Anderson's new cop drama "K-ville". I have no idea how they're going to compete for the same timeslot.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 04:25 PM #9 of 191
(BTW, did they include any of that on the DVD for those who missed it?)
No, those weren't included as extras. I'm somewhat disappointed by that. The set came with seven discs, but Disc 7 contained only one episode - the season finale. The rest of the disc is filled with "behind the scenes" documentary about stunts, special effects and the artist, Tim Sale. With all that leftover space, the comics would've been an excellent bonus.

Quote:
I'm sure there will be those divx/xvid rips online and I'll try to keep you guys posted on those links.
Please do. I downloaded each one you posted. I'll do the same again.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 06:56 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 03:56 PM #10 of 191
I wonder if they'll continue doing those alternate reality games online with Hiro's blog, Hana's blog, primatech website, etc. That was such a handful to keep up with. (BTW, did they include any of that on the DVD for those who missed it?)
Heroes Wiki has the archives for ALL the entries in Hiro's blog AND the 360 entries and websites., including the ones that were erased due to time paradoxes or seemingly erased time lines, like the 5 years later arc.

I check there cause I obviously can't join in the fun, what being in Australia now and all. But at least I can see what Hana and Hiro are up to via cyberspace.

Portal:Heroes 360 - Heroes Wiki

As for the comics, they will be releasing all the issues so far, I think, in hard cover book form soon. Amazon has it for preorders.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Sep 24, 2007 at 07:10 PM.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:27 PM #11 of 191
What an incredible way to start off season 2! My thoughts in the spoiler

Spoiler:

First off it's so nice having the premiere episode be "limited commercial interruption"! Too bad next week we'll be back to 10 min worth of commercials seemingly every 5 min. ah well.

It's too bad that Zach is pretty much no longer in Claire's life anymore, although his "replacement" looks almost like a taller version of him. And whee, he can fly.....seriously could they have at least come up with something different for him? It's stuff like that which makes me like The 4400 a lot more since there were so many different abilities shown in that series.

WTF, Nathan looks like one of the highlanders from WWE RAW, only with hair on his head as well as the beard! o.O That was kinda freaky with that one image he first saw as his reflection.....it does make me wonder just how he survived too...which also makes me bet we'll have an episode of what exactly took place immediately after season 1.

Man, poor Matt keeps having his ups and downs. He finally becomes a detective, but he's already lost his wife....ah well that child she was carrying was prolly the other cops' anyways. Him taking care of Molly is a much better angle, and I hope she gets a lot more screen time this season.

Woot on Noah showing his boss who's REALLY in charge! I loved that moment and was hoping something like that would happen! Oh and a big FUCK YEAH to Noah and Mohinder working together to bring down the company!!!!

I'm suspecting that Maya and Alejandro both have abilities, and they each cancel the other out, thus why Maya unintentionally killed that entire wagon full of illegal immigrants. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Too bad George Takai's (sp?) character had to die . I guess it's expensive having him in so many eps though, so they have to find a good reason for him to not be there, and well they found it. Also, did it give a clear shot of whether the assassin that came for him died with him? I couldn't tell. At least Ando's character has developed very well though! I can just see him now taking it up as his personal mission to find out who killed Hiro's father and exact revenge.

Hiro's journey in feudal Japan is kinda interesting, but honestly, after re-watching most of season 1, I didn't really care for Hiro's scenes as much as the other characters and it's the same case here. It's nice, but at the same time I wouldn't have minded if that hadn't even shown him at all.

Claire's struggle for a normal life continues, and it's a nice story for her character. I loved how she intentionally broke her legs after she thought everyone had left too! Seemed to be a reminder of just how different she still was from everyone else.

And of course, as was hinted at online after season 1 had ended, Peter and Sylar are both still alive. It's clear Peter has amnesia, but what of Sylar? Looked like he was taking a vacation at the beach in that preview. Good stuff overall tonight, and the perfect hook for once again grabbing my attention and not letting go till the season is over.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Zenith
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17489

Level 1.00

Dec 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:31 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 09:31 PM #12 of 191
Man I had to watch the season premier on a grainy little TV. Did anybody notice that particular languages had different styles of subtitling? Was there a point to that?

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:02 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 10:02 PM #13 of 191

Spoiler:
And of course, as was hinted at online after season 1 had ended, Peter and Sylar are both still alive. It's clear Peter has amnesia, but what of Sylar? Looked like he was taking a vacation at the beach in that preview. Good stuff overall tonight, and the perfect hook for once again grabbing my attention and not letting go till the season is over.
Ahah, I already have a theory to this, though it might be wrong.

Spoiler:
I have a good idea that somehow the haitian got to peter after he exploded. How else would he have wound up in a box, with no memory at all of who he is? And furthermore, he has teh Hatian's necklace around his neck.

Somehow I think mama petrelli still wants that bomb to hit New York.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:18 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 09:18 PM #14 of 191
Argh! It was on at 8:00 my time and not 9:00 as I had thought. So I just barely missed it tonight. Oh well...

Anyone have a well-seeded torrent of tonight's premiere episode so that I can catch up
before next Monday?

How ya doing, buddy?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:24 PM #15 of 191
Ahah, I already have a theory to this, though it might be wrong.

Spoiler:
I have a good idea that somehow the haitian got to peter after he exploded. How else would he have wound up in a box, with no memory at all of who he is? And furthermore, he has teh Hatian's necklace around his neck.

Somehow I think mama petrelli still wants that bomb to hit New York.
I like where you're going with that. It didn't even occur to me that he was wearing the same thing. I wonder...

Also, EFnet is always my best bet when looking for recent TV shows. Heroes is already up, too.

FELIPE NO
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:30 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 09:30 PM #16 of 191
Also, EFnet is always my best bet when looking for recent TV shows. Heroes is already up, too.
Thanks for that. I guess I'll post back here with my impressions later on.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:53 PM #17 of 191
As usual, Hiro's segments were definitely my favorite part of the episode. I loved his line "I broke history." Unfortunately, I'm now unable to take any scene of Claire facing off with the cheerleaders seriously after finding out that Hayden Panettiere is the lead in Bring It On: All or Nothing. That movie's plot was a little too close to her story in tonight's episode for my liking. Damn my job at Movie Gallery.

Originally Posted by Kaelin
Claire Stuff:
It's too bad that Zach is pretty much no longer in Claire's life anymore, although his "replacement" looks almost like a taller version of him. And whee, he can fly.....seriously could they have at least come up with something different for him? It's stuff like that which makes me like The 4400 a lot more since there were so many different abilities shown in that series.
Spoiler:
I was disappointed by that too, but look at the info Crash posted in the OP of this thread. Since we already know this guy is probably in league with the company, maybe they've found a way to artificially give powers that they've seen before. It's possible that they managed to get a sample of Nathan's DNA and replicate his ability. That would make them much more dangerous.

Originally Posted by Kaelin
Takei Stuff:
Also, did it give a clear shot of whether the assassin that came for him died with him? I couldn't tell.
Spoiler:
You couldn't tell if he was dead, but there was a second body collapsed on the ground. I highly doubt that the assassin died though. Didn't Takei say that there were only 9 of those extremely powerful guys? He recognized which one he was too. Plus, if this assassin was supposed to be so powerful, I doubt he would just tackle Takei on the edge of a roof without knowing he could survive.

Maya Stuff:
I'm really anxious to find out the specifics of her power. My current theory is that she can unleash localized and fast-acting plagues, which would be really, really awesome.

Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:06 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 09:06 PM #18 of 191
but what of Sylar? Looked like he was taking a vacation at the beach in that preview.[/spoiler]
Hmm, I must have missed that part, I didn't see/recognize Sylar at all. Where was he?

Also, I think we can safely post without spoilers after an episode has aired. This is the Heroes thread afterall.

Most amazing jew boots

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:14 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 11:14 PM #19 of 191
Hmm, I must have missed that part, I didn't see/recognize Sylar at all. Where was he?

Also, I think we can safely post without spoilers after an episode has aired. This is the Heroes thread afterall.
They showed Sylar in their little promo for upcoming episodes.

As for using spoilers, last season I thought it'd be safe to not use em after the airing of the episode, but.. there are some users here who aren't living in the US to see it when it airs. Maybe we should give it a day or so for them to download it.

On another note, the only versions I've seen floating on the net so far are the 700MB ones and over. I haven't seen a 350MB one yet (well.. I have seen some on torrent sites, but people are saying they're fake.)

Last edited by makura; Sep 25, 2007 at 12:16 AM.
Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:18 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 09:18 PM #20 of 191
I'm not sure about season 2, but I got all my season 1 episodes from Demonoid with the naming scheme Heroes.S01E01.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi (~350MB). Demonoid is down now though.

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:22 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 11:22 PM #21 of 191
Yeah, there are some LOL versions out there that are flagged as being fake and possibly a virus.
How does everyone feel about getting the 700MB XOR version? :P

How ya doing, buddy?
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:28 AM #22 of 191
Originally Posted by Tritoch
Spoiler:
I'm really anxious to find out the specifics of her power. My current theory is that she can unleash localized and fast-acting plagues, which would be really, really awesome.
Spoiler:
My take was a bit different. The people were all bleeding from the eye sockets, which suggested to me that they'd perhaps had some kind of hemorrhaging. If she were able to manipulate the heartbeat and blood pressure of everyone around her, she could easily cause cerebral and ocular bleeding.

I don't think her brother is a super. I get the feeling that he's normal and it's merely his reassuring presence that helps Maya calm down enough to control her powers. He is the Ando to her Hiro.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 01:25 AM #23 of 191
While talking about HEROES, any soundtrack available yet...?

FELIPE NO
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 01:36 AM Local time: Sep 25, 2007, 12:36 AM #24 of 191
HEROES Season 2

Episode 01

700MB xor release @ sharedzilla.com
click here
350MB @ megaupload
click here
streaming at fanpop.com
click here
streaming at nbc.com
click here

This week's Comic
#52 Flying Blind, EE

---
and just for fun, here is Adrian Pasdar's youtube account
click here

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by makura; Sep 26, 2007 at 06:33 AM.
Yeldarb
River Chocobo

Member 4464

Level 24.63

Apr 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 01:09 PM #25 of 191
Spoiler:
My take was a bit different. The people were all bleeding from the eye sockets, which suggested to me that they'd perhaps had some kind of hemorrhaging. If she were able to manipulate the heartbeat and blood pressure of everyone around her, she could easily cause cerebral and ocular bleeding.

I don't think her brother is a super. I get the feeling that he's normal and it's merely his reassuring presence that helps Maya calm down enough to control her powers. He is the Ando to her Hiro.
Spoiler:
Yeah, that was my idea as well. Internal hemorrhaging sounds more accurate and real.

Also, the fact that it was said that Kensei has a power means that I'm interested in knowing what it is(or unless this has already been said)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Heroes Season Two Discussion