Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Negima!? New Series (Spoilers?)

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 05:45 PM #1 of 81
Exclamation Negima!? New Series (Spoilers?)

WHY THE FUCK IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS.

AQS forum members got it up, so thank them for me.

It's something quite different than expected. The good news is that they aren't the same assmonkeys that made the first series. The real news is that there is quite some differences, right off the bat, unlike the manga and series 1:

-Konoka and Setsuna are on friendly terms (shoujo-ai? PLZ GANSIS [fix'd from GAINAX])
-Nodoka falls for Negi
-We meet Evangeline
-Kamo's with Negi
-There's no ecchi fanservice (lack of fanservice would be inaccurate, as there's a hilarious skit at the end)

The art direction is gorgeous and I was actually laughing in glee over the opening scenes and the end of the episode. The musical score is beautiful.

SO WE GOT SUBS NOW BITCHES.

Episode 1 v2 From Mahora Fansubs

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

Episode 8

BONUS: Spring OVA RAW!

BONUS 2~: SUMMER OVA RAW!

New group dedicated to this project, so regardless of quality it's likely they'll be the fastest.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Sin Ansem; Dec 13, 2006 at 01:39 AM.
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 06:00 PM #2 of 81
I saw around 13 episodes of the original series a long while back and didn't like it. I've never read the Manga, but people told me that it was nothing like the Anime series. Good thing there's a new remake series. Evangeline's my favourite, although I also like Kaede and Mana.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Erisu Kimu; Oct 4, 2006 at 06:03 PM.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 06:33 PM #3 of 81
I agree that it needs to be subbed. I can hardly understand a lick of japanese, but I still watched the raw. VERY enjoyable, the production values are much higher than the last series. You can tell in the first episode alone. Is this an OVA or a whole new series?

This has a very Pani Poni Dash feel.

Spoiler:
The pigtails + chiyo-chan on the blackboard was awesome XD

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 03:18 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 04:18 PM #4 of 81
This is a 2 part OAV if I am not wrong.

I just finished watching it, and yup indeed the art is definetly better than the first one However it seems like this is just a side story coz it has a start and an end.

Can't wait for the next one!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 04:16 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 07:16 PM #5 of 81
Originally Posted by CuteChocobo
This is a 2 part OAV if I am not wrong.

I just finished watching it, and yup indeed the art is definetly better than the first one However it seems like this is just a side story coz it has a start and an end.

Can't wait for the next one!
Only two parts? Also, can anyone tell me if its starting from scratch or from where the original anime left off, because I'd much rather see it go from the start again.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 05:53 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 06:53 PM #6 of 81
CuteChocobo got it wrong. The 2 part OVA is over and done with, this is the new TV series which just started airing. No word on how many episodes it'll have, though I'm expecting it to be 26.

It's starting from scratch -- basically a remake, or "re-imagining", if you like. It'll take the basic elements from the manga, but with plenty of other original material thrown in. Word has it that instead of one pactio card, there'll be three, with different effects. Yes, this series will be focusing more on the battles than on harem fanservice.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 07:15 AM #7 of 81
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem
-There's no ecchi fanservice (lack of fanservice would be inaccurate, as there's a hilarious skit at the end)
At what point is this a good point :aargh:

I'm glad there's not a negima series that dosen't suck. I can't get a hold of the manga, don't want the licenced manga, and the first show was so bad

FELIPE NO
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 09:49 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 10:49 PM #8 of 81
Originally Posted by Bigblah
CuteChocobo got it wrong. The 2 part OVA is over and done with, this is the new TV series which just started airing. No word on how many episodes it'll have, though I'm expecting it to be 26.

It's starting from scratch -- basically a remake, or "re-imagining", if you like. It'll take the basic elements from the manga, but with plenty of other original material thrown in. Word has it that instead of one pactio card, there'll be three, with different effects. Yes, this series will be focusing more on the battles than on harem fanservice.
Oppsie, thanks for the correction Bigblah~ I didn't notice that the OAV were out!

But its a great news that this will be the re-make of the original since I really like this design~~

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sar
lvl 40 Clown-Mage

Member 8038

Level 5.97

Jun 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:02 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 03:02 PM #9 of 81
Originally Posted by Bigblah
CuteChocobo got it wrong. The 2 part OVA is over and done with
If you're referring to this clip released on August 1st, that was a promo/preview of the OVA. The completed OVA will be released on October 25th, seperate to the TV series remake. The 2nd episode of that OVA comes out on November 22nd.

I will post an English source if I find one, but this will do for now. [ link ] (see bolded orange text at bottom of page)

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Sar; Oct 5, 2006 at 10:37 AM.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:14 AM #10 of 81
Originally Posted by Ashton
I can't get a hold of the manga, don't want the licenced manga
Why wouldn't you want the liscensed manga? Del Ray does an excellent job, considering how comparatively new they are to the business. Better than Tokyopop by far.

Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 01:11 PM #11 of 81
Originally Posted by Taco
Why wouldn't you want the liscensed manga? Del Ray does an excellent job, considering how comparatively new they are to the business. Better than Tokyopop by far.
Oh, i had no idea a different company took the manga up. When i last read that the manga was censored, i just didn't bother.

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 01:36 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 02:36 AM #12 of 81
So I guess you didn't stick around for the news that Del Rey wasn't going to censor the manga after all.

If you want fanservice, get the (upcoming, thanks Sar) OVAs by Shaft.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 01:49 PM #13 of 81
Yay, fanservice!

Most amazing jew boots
Old Oct 5, 2006, 07:56 PM #14 of 81
Wow, I enjoyed that much more than any of the original show. It may be much different from the manga but it does its own thing, runs with it, and gets things accomplished much better for doing so than the original show being a loosely and poorly executed adaption of the manga. I'll keep watching Nemima!? for sure.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 11:12 AM #15 of 81
I reiterate my first point because I've seen interested parties but no official announcements:

Originally Posted by Sin Ansem
Somebody needs to fucking sub this.

FELIPE NO
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:18 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 01:18 AM #16 of 81
It's not like the fansubbers are watching this thread for instructions.

And, in reference to your first post, GAINAX isn't involved in this series.

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:38 PM #17 of 81
...shit. I've heard both companies used in this interchangably.

So I can narrow that down to SHAFT being the company behind this.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:42 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 01:42 AM #18 of 81
Well it's Shaft/GANSIS. The original source had confused GANSIS with GAINAX. I can understand the slip-up though, since GAINAX/Shaft had teamed up previously on Mahoromatic/Konomini/He is My Master.

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 06:38 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 06:38 PM #19 of 81
For those interested, a funsubbed version of episode 1 has been released by what appears to be a Negima fansite that has taken on a life of its own.

While it's better than nothing, I'm not sure of the quality as of yet (though, as this is apparently their first release, I don't have high expectations), and I'm quite prepared to switch if another, more recognizable group picks the series up.

All this said, what I've heard so far mhas me enthused about this series, especially after the utter disappointment the previous one turned out to be.

[/content here to be more than just a torrent link]

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 06:54 PM #20 of 81
Fastest subber wins here. Sort of. I'll see what they're capable of when I see this.

I figure now that someone's actually subbing it we won't be waiting half a week to get subs, unless the other groups don't finish by next wednesday.

If you don't mind, I'll be posting that link up in the first post.

Most amazing jew boots
Old Oct 8, 2006, 10:16 PM #21 of 81
Originally Posted by Lord Styphon
For those interested, a funsubbed version of episode 1 has been released by what appears to be a Negima fansite that has taken on a life of its own.
I don't know what your sources are, Styphon, but that was definitely not a funsub. It was a legit fansub and was pretty accurate. They even attempted to translate all the random crap on the blackboards and did karaoke for the small next episode preview sequence. Everything was great about it except for the video encoding which could have been due to a crappy RAW or whatever. The video source was a bit better than the earlier RAW that we were linked to in this thread as this fansub's RAW was in widescreen. Really, all it needs is better video quality and it would be perfect. Fantastic job for first attempt at fansubbing. Go ahead and download it, guys. It's good stuff. =)

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 10:30 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 10:30 PM #22 of 81
So you're saying it wasn't fun, Acer?

Okay, nevermind. Fuck it. If it's not fun I'll just delete it now. >=[

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Old Oct 8, 2006, 10:41 PM #23 of 81
lol it was fun but it wasn't a funsubbed episode. >=U

Anyway, I just talked to them and they said that the widescreen RAW they got was kind of meh but if they can find a better widescreen RAW or a better decoder for their current RAW for better encoding they might come out with a version 2.

Originally Posted by #Mahora-Fansubs @ irc.rizon.net
> hey just wanted to say excellent job on Negima!? episode one. I just finished watching it.
> Only thing I can say that needs improvement is video encoding
<BillyG> thanks yo
<BillyG> the raw was tricky
> otherwise timing, translation, karaoke, and blackboard was awesome
<BillyG> Sorry for the encoding, thing :P
> yeah was the raw's video quality not that great?
<BillyG> well
> b/c I figured that maybe that was it
<BillyG> it would've been good if we didn't use the widescreen raw
> yeah but widescreen is <3
<DSJFX18> the widescreen is the better one tho.
<BillyG> but we got the widescreen raw that had a codec that was tough to encode with
<BillyG> so I stripped it of that code, problem is that the raw size went to 500 MB
> well if you guys find a better widescreen raw and decide to make a version 2 I'd totally download it again =)
<BillyG> so when I brought it down from 500 to 175, quality kinda reduced, sorry about that. Probably won't be like that next release.
<BillyG> if i get a good decoder, yeah, v2 is possible.
> sweet
<Hitokiri-Battoussai> ouch fat ass raw file
<BillyG> yeah
<BillyG> which is why when I brought it down, quality got bad

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 10:56 PM #24 of 81
Yes, they were awesome. There were two phrases that people pointed out to me that they didn't translate--"Uo mabushi!" and "Da Bomb!" Both which were on the blackboard...

But I guess it's not all that much. They started... Friday, I think. And with them being dedicated, I bet it won't take long much after that. It's all a matter of getting the widescreen raw.

Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:41 PM #25 of 81
Mahora's tracker is down now but no matter because they have a sendspace link for version 2 of episode 1. Much better video quality is what I've been promised. I'll take a look at it once it's done to confirm.

In the meantime here's the link to version 2 of episode 1. Enjoy! =)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5zedw5

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Negima!? New Series (Spoilers?)