Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 226 Voting/WEEK 227 Nominating

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:26 PM #1 of 23
Song of the Week - WEEK 226 Voting/WEEK 227 Nominating

Song of the Week. 225 Weeks and counting.
Week 226 Voting is closed.
Week 227 Nominating is restricted.

Results:
1). [14] PERFECT SELECTION Sound Racing History - Turn On The Run
2). [13] Cartagra Original Sound Track Manie - Glass Moon (Instrumental Version)
3). [12/9.5] Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal (Game Rip) - Aridia
4). [12/8] Brutal - Paws of Fury (SNES Game Rip) - Indochinese Jungle
5). [10] Mabinogi Original Soundtrack - Grandmother Told Us a Story of the Olden Days (Generation 2 ~ Generation 3 Login Screen)
6). [9] Red Faction II (Game Rip) - light02
7). [8] Bully Original Soundtrack - School's Out
8). [6] Hikari no Valusia -What a beautiful hopes- Original Soundtrack - Tystrya

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Brutal - Paws of Fury (SNES Game Rip) - Indochinese Jungle
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Bully Original Soundtrack - School's Out
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Cartagra Original Sound Track ''Manie'' - Glass Moon (Instrumental Version)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Hikari no Valusia -What a beautiful hopes- Original Soundtrack - Tystrya
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Mabinogi Original Soundtrack - Grandmother Told Us a Story of the Olden Days (Generation 2 ~ Generation 3 Login Screen)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: PERFECT SELECTION Sound Racing History - Turn On The Run
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal (Game Rip) - Aridia
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Red Faction II (Game Rip) - light02

Voting Rules:
Voters must distribute 6 points among the 8 nominees, giving points to at least 3 songs, giving no song more than 3 points, and giving no more than one of their choices 3 points. Possible ways of voting include:
Spoiler:
"Traditional"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.

"Even Stevens"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 2 pts.

"Tough Decision"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Nomination Bias"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Indecisive"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.

"Shotgun Spread"
Song1 - 1 pt.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.
Song6 - 1 pt.

Notes:
Please remember to upload your nominations to the SotW server! Uploaded noms mean a faster, smoother SotW experience for everyone. Server information:
Spoiler:
* Host: ftp.sotw.info
* Username: nominations@sotw.info (that is the actual username; not an e-mail address)
* Password: gff
* Port: 21

Week 227 Nominating:
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:56 AM #2 of 23
Indecisive, indeed.

(2 points) Cartagra Original Sound Track ''Manie'' - Glass Moon (Instrumental Version): Somehow this is the one I like the most this week, and yet it's the hardest to write about.

(1 point) Bully Original Soundtrack - School's Out: In retrospect, the first half could be a little stronger, but it's got a fun, summertime groove to it. Second half really comes on strong.

(1 point) Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal (Game Rip) - Aridia: I like every Ratchet & Clank track I hear, though I worry it's going to disappear into a haze of sameness if I listen to a whole album.

(1 point) Brutal - Paws of Fury (SNES Game Rip) - Indochinese Jungle: Pretty apt title. Asian underpinnings, but it's really got the mysterious jungle sound down pat.

(1 point) Mabinogi Original Soundtrack - Grandmother Told Us a Story of the Olden Days (Generation 2 ~ Generation 3 Login Screen): It's good enough for a point.

Most amazing jew boots
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Sep 16, 2010, 04:47 PM Local time: Sep 16, 2010, 01:47 PM #3 of 23
Nomination:
=== Kaleb.G ===
* Album: Clock Tower 3 Original Soundtrack
* Artist: Norihito Kudo
* Disc #: 1 (of 1)
* Track #: 13 (of 48)
* Track Title: The Time of Confrontation
* Catalogue Number: CPCA-1071
* Year: 2003
* Additional Info: Cozy Kubo is the album artist. It is unclear whether he had a role in the creation of this track.
* Source: CPCA-1071 | Clock Tower 3 Original Soundtrack - VGMdb, #gamemp3s
* File Location: nom folder

Additional Spam:
Votes:
3 points - Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal (Game Rip) - Aridia
2 points - Brutal - Paws of Fury (SNES Game Rip) - Indochinese Jungle
1 point - Red Faction II (Game Rip) - light02

My nomination aside, this week simply didn't interest me. "Indochinese Jungle" is mildly entertaining though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Kaleb.G; Sep 16, 2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2010, 09:08 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2010, 07:08 PM #4 of 23
What's going on in here, some kind of video game music contest? Cool, I will participate.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Ed Bellis
LOL!

Member 22923

Level 20.21

Jun 2007

Old Sep 18, 2010, 08:44 PM #5 of 23
What's going on in here, some kind of video game music contest? Cool, I will participate.

...wow, how strange: I made a thread in Audio Requests asking if anyone had the rip of Project S-11 about a week and a half ago. Can't find it anywhere. Are you in possession of said rip, good sir?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2010, 08:30 AM #6 of 23
(3 points) PERFECT SELECTION Sound Racing History - Turn On The Run
(1 point) Bully Original Soundtrack - School's Out
(1 point) Cartagra Original Sound Track ''Manie'' - Glass Moon (Instrumental Version)
(1 point) Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal (Game Rip) - Aridia

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:33 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2010, 06:33 PM #7 of 23
2 points: Brutal - Paws of Fury (SNES Game Rip) - Indochinese Jungle
2 points: Cartagra Original Sound Track ''Manie'' - Glass Moon (Instrumental Version)
2 points: PERFECT SELECTION Sound Racing History - Turn On The Run
Just missed: Aridia

It's nice to be able to vote without having a nomination in the way every once in a while.

Speaking of which, I would like to point out that there were at least three extra nominations from last week (mine included) that got purged from the queue.

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:13 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2010, 01:13 AM #8 of 23
Some rather interesting atmospheric tracks this weeks.

(2 points) Mabinogi Original Soundtrack - Grandmother Told Us a Story of the Olden Days (Generation 2 ~ Generation 3 Login Screen)

(2 points) Brutal - Paws of Fury (SNES Game Rip) - Indochinese Jungle

(1 point) Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal (Game Rip) - Aridia

(1 point) Red Faction II (Game Rip) - light02

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
I think therefore I am... I think.
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:47 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2010, 07:47 PM #9 of 23
<<2 Points>> PERFECT SELECTION Sound Racing History - Turn On The Run
<<2 Points>> Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal (Game Rip) - Aridia
<<1 Point>> Bully Original Soundtrack - School's Out
<<1 Point>> Cartagra Original Sound Track ''Manie'' - Glass Moon (Instrumental Version)

How ya doing, buddy?
ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2010, 01:11 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2010, 07:11 PM #10 of 23
Nomination:
* Album: House of the dead overkill gamerip
* Artist: Circling crows
* Disc #: 1 (of 1)
* Track #: 7
* Track Title: Warden's mother (ruff?) / Special kind of love (instrumental version)
* Download link: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Votes:

1 point ~ Cartagra Original Sound Track ''Manie'' - Glass Moon (Instrumental Version)
2 points ~ Mabinogi Original Soundtrack - Grandmother Told Us a Story of the Olden Days (Generation 2 ~ Generation 3 Login Screen)
3 points ~ PERFECT SELECTION Sound Racing History - Turn On The Run

There's nowhere I can't reach.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2010, 05:31 PM #11 of 23
Brutal - Paws of Fury (SNES Game Rip) - Indochinese Jungle Jungly enough, but sounds a little thin especially in the melody dept.

Bully Original Soundtrack - School's Out Reminds me a little bit of Earthbound, but lacks a real melodic hook.

Cartagra Original Sound Track ''Manie'' - Glass Moon (Instrumental Version) Some nice ambiance and acoustic guitar licks, but not much melody (a recurring theme this week so far).

Hikari no Valusia -What a beautiful hopes- Original Soundtrack - Tystrya Crazy gypsy music with Japanese singing and some weird echoplex effects. Not without its charms.

Mabinogi Original Soundtrack - Grandmother Told Us a Story of the Olden Days (Generation 2 ~ Generation 3 Login Screen) I guess I expected something a little less electronic from the title...it's kind of all over the place and never really seems to come together.

PERFECT SELECTION Sound Racing History - Turn On The Run Vaguely Latin with electric instead of acoustic guitars. Not bad, but not much to write home about either.

Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal (Game Rip) - Aridia R&C usually has good presentation and synth but rarely boasts much of substance. Sadly this continues the trend by coming strong out of the gate but failing to present much of a hook.

Red Faction II (Game Rip) - light02 Can't say I recall much from RF2 aside from the opening tune with the angry speech over it (well, and the fact that it has nothing in common with RF1 aside from the title). Establishes a vague feel of unsettled urgency but not much else, though the pulse that eventually kicks in adds a tiny bit of spice.

I'm with Kaleb on this week. Too much atmosphere, not enough substance.

The Point Spread
1 point each to:
School's Out
Glass Moon
Tystrya
Grandmother
Aridia
light02

Nom
Album: Age of Conan: Hyperborean Adventures
Artist: Knut Avenstroup Haugen
Disc #: 1 (of 2)
Track #: 6
Track Title: Nighttime Journey Through the Eiglophian Mountains
Year: 2008

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2010, 04:08 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2010, 02:08 AM 1 #12 of 23
2 points: Cartagra Original Sound Track ''Manie'' - Glass Moon (Instrumental Version)
1 point: Bully Original Soundtrack - School's Out
1 point: Hikari no Valusia -What a beautiful hopes- Original Soundtrack - Tystrya
1 point: PERFECT SELECTION Sound Racing History - Turn On The Run
1 point: Red Faction II (Game Rip) - light02

I generally don't like the instrumental versions of songs as much as the full versions, because the vocal melody is usually an important part of the composition. Cartagra's ending theme is an exception, because I really don't like breathy vocal styles like the one Haruka Shimotsuki delivers this piece in, and also because this is one of my favorite instrumentals by MANYO, even without the melody. And by all that what I really mean is DUELING SOLOS

That Mabinogi piece is very silly. How is it a login theme? Is the login screen a shmup and you have to shoot the letters in your username and password while avoiding enemies?

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:11 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2010, 08:11 PM #13 of 23
2 points: Hikari no Valusia -What a beautiful hopes- Original Soundtrack - Tystrya
1 point: Brutal - Paws of Fury (SNES Game Rip) - Indochinese Jungle
1 point: Cartagra Original Sound Track ''Manie'' - Glass Moon (Instrumental Version)
1 point: Bully Original Soundtrack - School's Out
1 point: Mabinogi Original Soundtrack - Grandmother Told Us a Story of the Olden Days (Generation 2 ~ Generation 3 Login Screen)

This is indeed a 'lite' week. I enjoyed it though, but nothing stood out (other than the wonderfully over-the-top Arabian drama that is "Tystrya" <3 great instrumentation) making my point spread ultimately indecisive. I really don't like Ratchet & Clank music though - never have, most likely never will. Also wild grandma on speed, trippin' out, what

Nomination #51

Composer: Matt Gray
Album: Last Ninja 2 Music Collection
Track Title: Central Park in-game
Track Number: 2
Year: 2007
Catalog Number: CZCD 009
Additional Information: Muzza nominates a non-h-game track, and it's a chiptune! The audience gasps.

chipGROOVEchipFTP

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:48 AM #14 of 23
2 points - Red Faction II (Game Rip) - light02
1 point - Hikari no Valusia -What a beautiful hopes- Original Soundtrack - Tystrya
1 point - PERFECT SELECTION Sound Racing History - Turn On The Run

SORRY ORION IT'S FIXED

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:02 PM #15 of 23
3 points: light02
1 point: Aridia
1 point: School's Out
1 point: Indochinese Jungle
just missed: Glass Moon (Instrumental Version), Tystrya

I'm actually late for something right now (Great week)

FELIPE NO
Ed Bellis
LOL!

Member 22923

Level 20.21

Jun 2007

Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:59 PM #16 of 23
1 point: Indochinese Jungle
1 point: School's Out
1 point: Glass Moon (Instrumental Version)
1 point: Tystria
1 point: Grandma Told Us a Story of the Olden Days
1 point: Aridia

Solid week.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:33 PM #17 of 23
2 points - Red Faction II (Game Rip) - light02
1 point - Brutal - Paws of Fury (SNES Game Rip) - Indochinese Jungle
1 point - PERFECT SELECTION Sound Racing History - Turn On The Run
So did you intend to gave Brutal 3 points? Or was something else supposed to get that one point?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2010, 08:55 PM #18 of 23
I am in approval of this week.

1 Point - Cartagra Original Sound Track ''Manie'' - Glass Moon (Instrumental Version)
2 Points - Mabinogi Original Soundtrack - Grandmother Told Us a Story of the Olden Days (Generation 2 ~ Generation 3 Login Screen)
2 Points - PERFECT SELECTION Sound Racing History - Turn On The Run
1 Point Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal (Game Rip) - Aridia

There's nowhere I can't reach.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:41 AM #19 of 23
I will close voting around lunchtime CST (i.e. about 3 hours). Vote 'em if you got 'em.

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:14 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2010, 01:14 AM #20 of 23
New nomination:

* Album Title: Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars (PC Game Rip)
* Artist: Robert King & Steve Baca
* Track Title: Battle Theme #3
* Source: Game Credits for Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars
* File Location: Nomination folder
* Disc Number: N/A
* Track Number: 10
* Catalogue Number: N/A
* Year: 1996

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I think therefore I am... I think.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:48 PM #21 of 23
Voting is closed and nominations are restricted!

1). [14] PERFECT SELECTION Sound Racing History - Turn On The Run
2). [13] Cartagra Original Sound Track Manie - Glass Moon (Instrumental Version)
3). [12/9.5] Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal (Game Rip) - Aridia
4). [12/8] Brutal - Paws of Fury (SNES Game Rip) - Indochinese Jungle
5). [10] Mabinogi Original Soundtrack - Grandmother Told Us a Story of the Olden Days (Generation 2 ~ Generation 3 Login Screen)
6). [9] Red Faction II (Game Rip) - light02
7). [8] Bully Original Soundtrack - School's Out
8). [6] Hikari no Valusia -What a beautiful hopes- Original Soundtrack - Tystrya

Definitely one of the closest weeks I can remember thanks to the unusually high number of indecisive and shotgun votes; if Indochinese Jungle had gotten one less vote and Tystrya one more we would have had a Royal SotW Flush (14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7 instead of 14-13-12-12-10-9-8-6). I guess if that ever happens we win the internet or something.

As usual, I'll wait a few hours before uploading the winners to the Hallowed Servers to allow you to check my math.

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2010, 07:23 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2010, 05:23 PM #22 of 23
As usual, I'll wait a few hours before uploading the winners to the Hallowed Servers to allow you to check my math.
Looks good, I updated the site for you.

Next week's tracks coming up in a little bit, and then we can talk about the next theme week(s).

Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2010, 03:57 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2010, 06:57 PM #23 of 23
lol wow people really didn't like the Arabic Jap bitch singing track. My third ever last place. :'(

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 226 Voting/WEEK 227 Nominating