Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Casual game composer - even more underappreciated composer?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:17 AM Local time: Jun 30, 2007, 11:17 PM #1 of 2
Casual game composer - even more underappreciated composer?

I've been thinking lately, after listening Drakken's Catan rip which features 4 tracks music composed by Holly Latnall, could we regard these casual game composer (you know, dinner dash, luxor, etc) as VGM composer as well? Could we treat music of these casual software the same with low-budget games product in Japan which features much potential underappreciated composer?

The music of the yahoo games are fine, and many are nice, but I'm still questioned whether these composer are either unappreciated, or they are just musician hired to compose music for casual gamers.

There are lot of vgm composer in japan who works for low-budget games and not able to reach degree of popularity because lack of exposure, thus, could we treat these composer at the same case?

feel free to merge this thread with previous one, if it's considered necessasry (though I think the question is talking different case)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Last edited by eriol33; Jun 30, 2007 at 11:22 AM.
datschge
Sakuraba Fan

Member 9353

Level 11.78

Jul 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 05:41 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 11:41 AM #2 of 2
I'd go so far to say that nearly all non-RPG VGM as well as all VGM not released on some official CD of some kind is underappreciated. Also VGM is music for games, so e.g. if minesweepers had music it should also be considered as game music.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Casual game composer - even more underappreciated composer?