Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread
Closed Thread

BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 04:03 AM #76 of 1438
Well, if the developers have to map button configurations from a preset needed by MUGEN, then it should be nothing more than copy-pasting. Though I highly doubt that'll be the case. =/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 05:11 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 02:11 AM #77 of 1438
Sure, setting your hardware sound acceleration is easy as pie. Just go into Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, go to the tab of audio.

Then click advanced and go to performance, and drag the hardware acceleration all the way to the left.

That should fix things up for you.

I was speaking idiomatically.
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 03:01 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 09:01 PM #78 of 1438
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
This is funny. I saw your lifebar on another forum a minute ago, and I was going to post about it here. Having you here makes things much easier, both for questions and my conscience.

Anyway, it's a pretty cool looking concept. If it's easy to install, do share.
Well, it is not very difficult, it requires adding two additional sprites to every character though. So if you have 1000+ fighters I bet my last pants you won't bother. It was designed for a small custom game with about 40 balanced chars, but the resault was quite good so I decided to release it on the web. If anybody is interested look at my lifebar thread: WooBAR v.4, you will find additional stuff (sprites) and necessary instructions there as well. Hope you'll find it useful.

NOTE: I may add some additional portraits if you are interested, but it may take some time. I'm not into MUGEN as I were in the past (reason = I finally got Dreamcast and CVS2)

As the matter of sound it looks like you had different problem My started to begun always in the round 3, there were no problems during R1 and R2, only R3 and above caused problem with sound. Quite odd and funny, I must say.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by WooshaQ; Jul 29, 2006 at 03:05 PM.
Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 01:48 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 10:48 PM #79 of 1438
Hmm, this gives me an idea. Since we probably shouldn't post links to much Mugen sites because of bandwidth...Yousendit to the rescue!

Here is a cool stage to use, it's from Contra 3!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...2EDF772DD3679D

FELIPE NO
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 02:22 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 08:22 AM #80 of 1438
Wrong, we should, really. First of all, to show our respect to the creators and secondly to spread their work. What you find as trash others may consider treasure so if it is possible always give link to the creators site. I'm not saying that all the mugen laws are super smart still I will support this one!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 02:23 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 11:23 PM #81 of 1438
Wasn't trying to deny the creator's work, I just thought I would not link the site since there is that whole anti-mugen thing going around. o.O

Jam it back in, in the dark.
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 02:39 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 08:39 AM #82 of 1438
What anti-mugen thing? It's true that mugen isn't 100% legal, the funny thing is that by using the win mugen we violate the engine licence (as it was suppose to be only a closed beta ment for testing, it had protections allowing only 8 or so characters to be played) but... since the developer's site was down for a couple of years it was ok to get rid of the nasty protection. Nobody really minds. Another thing is that most of the characters are ripped from copyrighted games which makes them not so very legal as well still nobody gives a shit. I haven't heard about any creator being sued for that reason or any other.

If anyone wants a cool stage, I recomend using the pacman arcade machine by Doorhenge!

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by WooshaQ; Jul 30, 2006 at 02:43 AM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:47 AM #83 of 1438
Lowering the acceleration for the sound didn't seem to help. In fact it almost made it worse. As I said, MUGEN is crashing more and more during either before a round starts, or during round 2. Here's one of the messages I frequently get.

The sound speeds up or gets distorted, which serves as a message for me. Therefore, I think the problem is that it's loading too fast. If you have any other ideas I could try, I'm all for them.

Also, can anyone help identify a few of these characters?

Spoiler:

Who's this guy supposed to be? His battle cries are really annoying.

Or this chick with the bare bottom?

Or these two?

Or them?

Or the chick who looks like she's having heart trouble?

Or THAT!?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 04:28 AM #84 of 1438
The character that's black with the red eyes (4th pic) is supposedly Eddie's counterpart from the Guilty Gear series.

Most amazing jew boots
razakin
._.

Member 989

Level 5.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 04:45 AM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 11:45 AM #85 of 1438
Originally Posted by BIGWORM
The character that's black with the red eyes (4th pic) is supposedly Eddie's counterpart from the Guilty Gear series.
Actually it's Eddie. The body is Zato-Ichi's (or Zato-1), who died after Guilty Gear X. And in XX Eddie took over Zato.

Eddie is parasitic creature created with Gear technology. And thanks to the fact that I don't have enough posts yet, I can't link the Wikipedia entry of Zato-1 / Eddie.

And I need to test this when I have some time.

BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:04 AM #86 of 1438
Wellp, goes to show how much I know of the GG series. ^^

WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:17 AM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 12:17 PM #87 of 1438
@ Soldier!
Here goes:

Spoiler:

Or this chick with the bare bottom?

Kula from KOF series, edited version, you'll find lots of these including cyborg version (robo-kula) or kula fighting with fire...

Or the chick who looks like she's having heart trouble?

Sion, character from Melty Blood (fighting game based on anime called Tsukihime)

Or THAT!?

Hidden fellow from Marvel vs Capcom, the one from the right must be from some crappy doujin game because i cannot recall it's name

FELIPE NO

Last edited by WooshaQ; Jul 31, 2006 at 06:22 AM.
Pez

Member 4367

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 07:20 AM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 11:20 PM #88 of 1438
(Norimaro!! lol@above. Oh wow...)

Great thread. I remember trying to get into Mugen a few of years back, but for some reason whether it be lack of documentation or abundance of foreign language sites I couldn’t understand, I just couldn’t get into it. However, I’ve been inspired and you can probably tell what my addiction is going to be for the next few months at least.

It’s going to be fun hunting down all the characters; both those that I have sentimental ties to as well as gems like that Ella character –an absolute riot. Now I just need a tune that is surreal enough for her stage…

Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:30 AM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 06:30 PM #89 of 1438

This. Hurts.

180 hits combo, she killed TWO enemies without getting damage. Now that's ridiculous. x_x I want Kyle, Cless and Rimul back, btw. =X (Why the heck did the author of them call Rimul Rimle? Oh, well...)

How ya doing, buddy?
I'm a placeholder. I'm there to unnecessarily waste your bandwith and annoy the shit out of you. Too bad that I'm too small to make any difference.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:56 AM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 11:56 AM #90 of 1438
Originally Posted by razakin
Actually it's Eddie. The body is Zato-Ichi's (or Zato-1), who died after Guilty Gear X. And in XX Eddie took over Zato.

Eddie is parasitic creature created with Gear technology. And thanks to the fact that I don't have enough posts yet, I can't link the Wikipedia entry of Zato-1 / Eddie.

And I need to test this when I have some time.
Are you sure about that? I never ever saw Eddie with giant claws like that, and he was always connected to the body of Zato-1 in some way shape or form. It's almost like someone decided to make a Chozo bird into a playable character.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:07 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 07:07 PM #91 of 1438
Well, actually they made Zato-1 die because his voice actor also passed away and they didn't want a new one.

I'm a placeholder. I'm there to unnecessarily waste your bandwith and annoy the shit out of you. Too bad that I'm too small to make any difference.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:11 PM #92 of 1438
Why do Evil Ken, Evil Ryu, and Dragon Claw get so much praise? They are so OMGWTF broken as shit. I mean, sure they have cool animations, and cool looking moves, but being able to punish anything into a 40 hit combos is just stupidity. Plus they seem to have infinite priority. Dragon Claw being able to counter a projectile = BIG nono!

So far my fav character out of the ones i've seen is King Leo. (Shin Shishioh) Giving him MAX mode = FUN, and that new DM he was given is sweet as hell!

vboy23
Carob Nut

Member 10501

Level 4.59

Aug 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 07:15 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 06:15 PM #93 of 1438
Hello guys. WoW I'm so stoked right now to have found out about Mugen a few days ago. So I got a few characters from a few sites like mugenwild, previously posted. Anyway, all the other sites that I went to, they don't host the characters anymore due to some warehousing issue that's going on? And that makes me a sad gamer, just because I joined in the fun a few days late. If someone (mostly BIGWORM:biggrin can help a fellow out and upload the characters to YouSendIt (previously links are expired) for me, I will deeply appreciate your help. Spread the wealth, keep the Mugen movement strong! Thanks guys.

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 07:42 PM #94 of 1438
Well right now I downloaded a KOF XI like bar/announcer. I just need to figure out where to go to edit the portraits so they'll go in the little circles next to the lifebars. -_- I'll post pics later when I reinstall photoshop.

DaProblem
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10502

Level 1.21

Aug 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 09:32 PM #95 of 1438
Request: Superman,Spiderman,Hulk,Goku SSJ3...Anyone? Please,I Allready got Thor,Master Ken,Evil Ken,Ryu,Evil Ryu &Hiryu In My Roster.

FELIPE NO
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:44 PM #96 of 1438
I can send you Spidey, and I have a crappy PS1 Hulk. The rest you listed would be available in the torrent I provided in the first page (and in BigWorm's link).

As for me, I want Homer Simpson. I've looked everywhere but haven't managed to find them.

Also, the Guilty Gear characters I linked to last page are strange. They don't have .def files, but .png files. What's the deal? Will they still work, or will I have to look elsewhere? I still want Sol and Dizzy but I can't find either.

BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:24 AM #97 of 1438
Nope, they won't work. MUGEN looks at the .def file first thing--if it's not there, it's a no go.

*edit*

I think I found your GG heaven, SOLDIER:

http://www.streetmugen.com/database-chars-16-us.html

Another one for you, SOLDIER. I found probably the one thing you've been looking for since page 1:

HOMER...JAY...SIMPSON

bundled with the english voice pack also.

http://mugenhispania.net/

^ That site has some interesting characters, including Krusty the clown. Enjoy.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by BIGWORM; Aug 2, 2006 at 01:05 AM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 02:28 AM #98 of 1438
Goddamn, YES. Thank you man. Any characters you ever want, just say the word. I'll probably make up a list of all the characters I have once I put them all in, although that'll take a long while to finish. I also have to go back and remove any useless or uninteresting characters that I have. One example is Raziel (Soul Reaver), a beautiful custom sprite, but he has no moves whatsoever.

Oh, and regarding the site with the GG characters, I've been there before, but they lack the two characters I care most about, Sol and Dizzy. They do have a Sol there, but he's not a current version, so his movelist is limited. I want a GGXX Sol, but most especially Order Sol. And I just haven't been able to find Dizzy anywhere.

Awesome, that spanish site has Kenshin. That almost fills my anime quota. Still looking for Inuyasha and Yusuke Yurameshi.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Soldier; Aug 2, 2006 at 02:31 AM.
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 03:39 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2006, 09:39 AM #99 of 1438
Order Sol is in private beta stage I think, but try SOL from GGXXR http://www.geocities.jp/amachi_h/amc.htm

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:21 AM #100 of 1438

"If Superman fought Fred Flinstone, who would win?"

"Uh, Superman would. Unless Barney came from behind and hit him with a kryptonite club or something."

come on, you know where that's from right?

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread