Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Please identify for me this melody

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:41 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 01:41 PM #1 of 5
Please identify for me this melody

I remember hearing a song from a custom StarCraft campaign, back in the day when Campaigncreations.com was going strong. The melody was purportedly taken from an anime opening or ending, according to the author's notes. I no longer have the file, nor do I remember what show it is from.

Recently, a few bars have began to stick to my head. I can't get it out, for the life of me. I am turning to you anime guys to help me identify this song, so that I can listen a few dozen times to the real track and banish this tune from my thoughts forever.

Please?

(UNRELATED)
P.S. - Hay Staff, the audio attachment images for MIDI , OGG , RAR , and WAV are bork! While you're at it, please fix the Philippines flag k? It should be http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/im...hilippines.gif not http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/im...Philippine.gif

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Last edited by Zergrinch; Jun 3, 2008 at 03:36 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 01:07 AM #2 of 5
Seconding the attachments request. Also adding .torrent would be cool too.

I wish I knew what that song was too. Sounds kinda familiar.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 08:23 AM #3 of 5
The melody in the last 13 or so seconds sound a lot like the Elfen Leid theme. The part before that though doesn't sound like it; but that just may be because the rhythm is in MIDI.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:14 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 01:14 AM #4 of 5
I was thinking the last part was really similar to the TV OP theme to The Vision of Escaflowne, but I haven't heard it in a long while. Also, since the format is in midi, it kind'a messes me up whenever I hear it...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 03:34 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 04:34 PM #5 of 5
I tried comparing it against the Vision of Escaflowne TV opening, but it wasn't the same, sorry.

If it helps narrow down the scope some, I heard this in 2000-2001. As such, this rules out any anime released in the last five years, including Elfen Lied which premiered in 2004. Also, the song was sung by a single female, with a rather powerful deep voice.

The campaign in question was done by Desler (Marco Hernandez), of CampaignCreations fame. It is possible, but I am just speculating, that the anime is set in space, with mechas and stuff. The two anime shows I know of which fit this genre (Neo Genesis Evangelion and Vandread) are not the ones, since the OPs or EDs don't match with this tune.

Thanks for the feedback thus far though. I appreciate your efforts!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Last edited by Zergrinch; Oct 13, 2006 at 03:40 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Please identify for me this melody