Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Empire: Total War

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Aug 22, 2007, 06:19 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2007, 06:19 PM #1 of 8
Empire: Total War

With the Kingdoms expansion pack on the way, the TW team has announced the next Total War game, Empire: Total War.

Quote:
Empire: Total War™ will see the debut of 3D naval combat within the Total War™ franchise. PC Gamers will be able to intuitively command vast fleets or single ships upon seascapes rich with extraordinary water and weather effects that play a huge role in your eventual glorious success or ignominious defeat. After pummelling your enemy with cannon fire, close in to grapple their ship and prepare to board taking control your men as they fight hand to hand on the decks.

Along with the revolutionary introduction of Naval Combat, Empire: Total War™ will see further enhancements to the Total War™ series signature 3D battles and turn based campaign map. Real time battles will pose new challenges with the addition of cannon and musket, challenging players to master new formations and tactics as a result of the increasing role of gunpowder within warfare. And the Campaign Map – for many the heart of Total War™ – will see new improved systems for Trade, Diplomacy and Espionage with agents, a refined and streamlined UI, improved Advisors and extended scope taking in the riches of India, the turbulence of Europe and the untapped potential of North America.

“Empire: Total War™ is a huge revolutionary step for the series. We’re delighted to introduce true 3D naval combat, something that adds a totally new dimension to Total War™ games.” commented Mike Simpson, Studio Director at The Creative Assembly and the father of the Total War™ franchise. “We’re genuinely excited about what we’re achieving with the naval battles and also by the scale of the improvements being made to the core of the game – the land battles and the campaign. This will undoubtedly be the biggest and best Total War™ game we’ve ever made.”

Empire: Total War™ has already been secretly in development at The Creative Assembly’s Horsham studio for over a year and is priming its forces for a release in 2008.

Stay tuned to TotalWar.com for all the latest Empire: Total War™ news and screenshots!
A lot of people have been complaining about the lack of naval battles, but to me they always seemed like they would be a distraction without a dedicated system.

Nonetheless, Total War has been begging for a proper Napoleonic gunpowder setting. Though I am kinda dissapointed there hasn't been a game set in East Asia yet.

There's also a page full of screenshots, full of the new naval battles.

Time to break out the shaders, guys.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Bradylama; Aug 22, 2007 at 06:21 PM.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2007, 02:49 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2007, 07:49 AM #2 of 8
Though I am kinda dissapointed there hasn't been a game set in East Asia yet.
Their first game, Shogun: Total War, was somewhat set in East Asia. And an excellent game it was too (got me into the Total War series). It does beg for an update with their current technology though.

I never quite got around to Medieval II unfortunately, but this certainly sounds interesting. I love the Total War games, they just eat hours of your time though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Aug 23, 2007, 11:28 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2007, 11:28 AM #3 of 8
I'm talking more China during the warring kingdoms period.

Most amazing jew boots
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2007, 07:27 PM Local time: Aug 24, 2007, 12:27 AM #4 of 8
Yeah, that'd be cool. There's a lot of scope for further games and some that will introduce different styles of strategy and battle. It's a series that I hope continues, and as strong as it has done, for a while.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2007, 09:45 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2007, 07:45 PM #5 of 8
Interesting.

I have both Rome and Medieval 2. Time wasters but are a fucking blast to play. Now they're going to incorporate naval battles, this is a must-observe title for me to see how they'll handle naval warfare.

I was speaking idiomatically.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2007, 02:31 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2007, 07:31 AM #6 of 8
see how they'll handle naval warfare.
Hopefully with as much skill as they handle the land-based battles so far. I have to say it did always irk me that you had boats in Rome, but it basically boiled down to who had the largest number of them when you ended up in battle.

How ya doing, buddy?
PretzelCorps
Banned

Member 25077

Level 2.62

Oct 2007

Old Oct 29, 2007, 02:12 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2007, 02:12 PM #7 of 8
I hope and I pray to all that is sacred and holy that my Radeon X1650 isn't completely outdated by the time this game comes out... lol

Not only have I been just dying for a proper gunpowder era, but naval battles?? Why, there isn't a single half decent game out there with even a nod to colonial naval simulation!!

FELIPE NO
Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:10 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2007, 04:10 PM #8 of 8
I didn't think there was that big of a difference between Rome and Medieval 2. So an added feature like naval warfare is welcome. Hope they're able to push it further.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Empire: Total War