Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:51 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2012, 10:51 PM #1 of 352
I feel so... included

Interesting that you should point out the Game of Thrones accents, as i have a friend who is Canadian but grew up in London, and is now living in Canada again and she couldn't stand his accent, going on and on about how it doesn't exist and it sounds so out of place etc etc.

Saw Argo in the theater a couple of days ago. I thought it was exciting and entertaining enough, but it was one of those movies where it says "Based on True Events" or whatever, and I was totally buying it up until one point, and then walking out of the theaters i started to realize how ridiculous a lot of it was. Also reading up on the real Canadian Caper didn't really help, as it shed light on just how much Canada's role in the operation was downplayed. Creative liberties etc, i get it. It was an average to okay movie that i will probably forget about in a few months, which is exactly what happened with The Town, and i'm guessing the rest of Ben Affleck's career.

I love buying cheap holiday sale, or bargain bin movies, (resulting in an embarrassingly large own-but-haven't-watched-yet pile of DVDs. Some of the one's i finally did pull off the shelf were.

Thank You For Smoking: I had kind of low expectations going into this one (given my feelings on Juno) but even if it was haphazard and lacked direction it still resonated with me. I liked how the conflict was driven not by one major antagonist, but rather manifested as a series of smaller conflicts all pointing in the right direction brought on by one aspect of the character.

Scream: the only facial expression i can use for this is :\ I know it was the nineties and it was a different era... I dunno, i guess was expecting more a meta narrative rather than just nerd baiting. Maybe i need to watch it again, maybe the sequels do it better, but i stand by that facial expression.

Escape from New York: As a fan of the Metal Gear Solid series i had a noticeable smirk on my face the whole way through this movie (i know i know, it should have been the other way around... so sue me). Between this and The Thing, i want to see more of Carpenter's work.

I'll probably have more to add later.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2013, 07:26 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2013, 06:26 PM 1 #2 of 352
In keeping with my ability to be insanely behind the times I've just started watching Community (when I say just started I mean we spent the weekend getting through the first 2 seasons and part way into the third) and today just watched the first episode of Firefly. UMF <3
I also only recently discovered Community. I didn't really like it at first, but it was something to have on while i was editing. Around the beginning of season 2 i realized that the show had really evolved since the beginning, and i really love it now. I really hope season 4 keeps up (haven't started it yet).

And in keeping with my going back to sitcoms that have been around for a while (basically, i just got netflix) i finally decided to give Arrested Development another try. I'm liking it more now that i'm watching them in order, and not just one at a time, but it's remarkable how polar opposite Arrested Development and Community are. Community is characters you like and you hope to see them triumph over trials (or at least it is for me) and Arrested Development is characters i hate, and i love watching them suffer.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2013, 09:07 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2013, 08:07 PM #3 of 352
Finally got around to watching Paranorman the other night. What a wonderful movie. The only criticism i have is that i felt like the talking to ghosts thing was under used by the end, but seriously, everything else was fantastic. The final confrontation was simply breath taking. Would recommend to everyone.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?