Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old May 5, 2008, 12:38 PM #101 of 595
Some random thoughts on last night's episode:

Spoiler:
Did anybody else pick up on the fact that the smoke detector was beeping before Jack saw his dad? Even though it was just a "low battery" signal, it still seemed fishy. Also very interesting to note that Miles also saw him when Claire did.

I don't think that person in the coffin from last season was Hurley because it was a noticeably small coffin. I think it may be Aaron.

I think it's retarded that smokey didn't at least HURT those guys severely. You saw that thing fucking up their world and yet there was only one guy actually hurt? Please.

I'm curious to see what this promise is that Kate made to Sawyer.

That's all. Good episode!
Spoiler:
I thought it was strange that the smoke detector was included in the scene, but while I was thinking about it I totally forgot about it since Jack's dad appeared on the couch. Indeed, quite fishy! I've seen people comment about ol' smokey, but who knows.

I really don't think the coffin is for Aaron. The way Kate was acting when Jack told her about the funeral in the second episode of Through the Looking Glass indicates that. Not to mention at the end of their conversation she says "He's going to be wondering where I am," which is more than likely Aaron from the flashforwards we've seen concerning Kate so far. I also really don't think it's Ben, as Dr. Uzuki said. I had no idea the person died like that and was male though. I guess I really need to start listening to these podcast thingys. *lazy bastard*

As for Keamy, I don't know if this has been stated anywhere, but we really don't know how many people were with him and if anyone was killed or not. If no one was killed I really have to agree.

Kate might have promised to check up on his kid or do something for his kid.

Anyway, looks like Rousseau's dead for sure. It was so terrible seeing her and Karl's bodies in shallow graves like that. ;_; I was hoping she'd manage to come back long enough for her and Keamy to kill each other, but oh well. I'm not really enjoying the parts with Kate in the flashfowards, but it seems like they're setting up things and I look forward to how it's going to end up.

Edit: Tomorrow is the release date for Season 3's ost. I like the music for this show a lot, so I've been looking forward to it for a while. Does anyone here actually give a damn about the music at all?

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Elegy; May 5, 2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the ost
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2008, 06:17 PM Local time: May 6, 2008, 12:17 AM #102 of 595
I love the music for the show, but I can't find the Season 2 OST at all. Can anyone direct me to a torrent by any chance?

Most amazing jew boots

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 04:18 AM #103 of 595
I love the music for the show, but I can't find the Season 2 OST at all. Can anyone direct me to a torrent by any chance?
I couldn't find the torrent I got it from, so I uploaded it here:

FlyUpload / Share Files

My friend informed me there are a lot of ads on the site, but I have nearly everything under the sun blocked, so I'm sorry if that annoys you. <<

FELIPE NO
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 11:04 AM Local time: May 6, 2008, 05:04 PM #104 of 595
Cheers mate that's awesome! It does have quite a lot of pop-ups but that's no biggie, they don't really annoy me as much as they do everyone else I think. I'll have to go and have a butchers for the Season 3 OST now.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 06:49 PM Local time: May 6, 2008, 04:49 PM #105 of 595
Finally watched Season 1 and caught up to current. Took about 3 months. I may not be as up to date on all the gossip, so bear with me.

Spoiler:
I don't think Ben's time travelling. If he had that much figured out, I don't think he'd be worried so much about finding Jacob's cabin. And from the examples of time travel that Desmond displays, he'd have to end up somewhere he's been before. I don't see a logical reason that he'd be in the middle of the desert.

I think he didn't kill Whidmore for either some moral reasons, or he's adhering to "the rules". That and he wants him to suffer like he himself did at the loss of his daughter.

I'm kinda disappointed that the monster didn't kill all those guys. That's kinda bullshit if you ask me.

Mr. Coffin is probably not Hurley. It's probably Locke, for my best guess. He's probably the sixth Oceanic.

I didn't much like the Desmond time travel episode. Didn't make much sense, and too little to do with everything else, I think. Kinda BS filler episode if you ask me.

Also, for some reason, I think Jack's Dad is back alive. In the season 3 finale, Jack mentions summoning his dad to see how drunk he is. Just something I noted.

Could add more, but won't go off the deep end. I just have two gripes for the entirity of the series, though.

WHERE THE FUCK do all the tarps come from? Magic tarp land? There might have been some on the luggage containers, but not THAT many.

EVERYBODY gets hit in the head all the time. Why doesn't anybody have brain damage yet?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2008, 08:38 AM #106 of 595
Spoiler:
I'm kinda disappointed that the monster didn't kill all those guys. That's kinda bullshit if you ask me.
Meeeeheeee toooooo~

Though apart from the pilot in the first episode, I don't know who the smoke monster HAS actually killed. I may just have a really shitty memory, though.

O. Eko. Yea. I think that was actually Jacob, though. I like how every single tail survivor is dead, except for Bernard. What a WASTE of Season 2. SIGH. Although it was nice to see Ana Lucia go. She deserved it. ugh.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Mr. Coffin is probably not Hurley. It's probably Locke, for my best guess. He's probably the sixth Oceanic.
There are already six: Sayid, Kate, Jack, Sun, Jin, and Hurley. There's no room for Locke. (Like he would ever LEAVE the island, ha ha ha) {I also didn't spoiler the Oceanic Six: that's old news}

Quote:
Spoiler:
I didn't much like the Desmond time travel episode. Didn't make much sense, and too little to do with everything else, I think. Kinda BS filler episode if you ask me.
I feel like that about a lot of episodes. In fact, I sometimes get mad during episodes and yell at the TV for "WASTING TIME" and "CUT TO THE CHASE," that no one...
Spoiler:
...cares if Jack has appendicitis. If you want to scare us, give him a tumor on his spine. THAT would panic me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; May 7, 2008 at 08:44 AM.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2008, 11:33 AM Local time: May 7, 2008, 05:33 PM #107 of 595
Probably the best episode of the season so far (closely followed by The Economist and Ben's one).

There are already six: Sayid, Kate, Jack, Sun, Jin, and Hurley. There's no room for Locke. (Like he would ever LEAVE the island, ha ha ha) {I also didn't spoiler the Oceanic Six: that's old news}
I think you mean Aaron, not Jin. If Jin had died off island his DOD wouldn't be the date of the crash.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2008, 11:44 AM #108 of 595
I feel like that about a lot of episodes. In fact, I sometimes get mad during episodes and yell at the TV for "WASTING TIME" and "CUT TO THE CHASE," that no one...
Spoiler:
...cares if Jack has appendicitis. If you want to scare us, give him a tumor on his spine. THAT would panic me.
See, this is my only inherent problem with the flash forwards... An episode like last week, where Jack gets his appendix removed, we KNOW he's going to pull through, because he's in the flash forwards already. Oh well.

I'm just curious to see how they get off the island. Only a few weeks!

Most amazing jew boots
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2008, 11:05 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 02:05 PM #109 of 595
I think you mean Aaron, not Jin. If Jin had died off island his DOD wouldn't be the date of the crash.
I'm of the opinion that Jin's the last. I mean, the term oceanic six refers to people who were on the plane and were then rescued. Aaron wouldn't have been counted on the manifest, huh? He was in Claire's belly~ So maybe he's the +1 in the Oceanic Six + 1 (<-- LOST pop group ) So yeah, 99.9% sure it's Jin.

As for the Date of Death on the gravestone:

Spoiler:
As far as people on the mainland know, those on Oceanic Flight 815 are dead. Whidmore supposedly staged the entire wreckage that was found under the water by goin' and digging up corpses etc. So it's only natural that every character would have their own gravestone, with the date of the crash engraved on it.

A couple of other things I'd like to say: Locke's starting to get on my nerves a bit. I mean, I was never one of the Locke haters nor was I a...sympathiser, but he's just too crazy nowadays. I'm a bit conflicted, but I've noticed that when Locke goes on his usual "<3 jacob & island <3" rants, I occasionally just roll my eyes and wish they'd progress to another character (not Jack though). But still, I realise he's a central part to the story and the plot would kind of lose a certain flair if he weren't there.

Spoiler:
And @ death of Danielle, or as I still call her, the Crazy French Lady. The way she went down was...kind of a downer, really. Disappointing, underwhelming; don't think she was a popular character, so they decided to give her a quick, succinct death. Sucks about Ben's daughter too, I guess.

Also, Tom's gay? =O (I kind of had my suspicions when he said to Kate that she wasn't his type, back at the start of season 3 I think it was.)

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Muzza; May 7, 2008 at 11:10 PM.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 09:16 AM #110 of 595
I'm really kind of upset at the death of Rousseau myself. Seriously. She has been present since the beginning, and what a horrific way for her to go down with almost no treatment whatsoever. She was one of my favorite characters.

How ya doing, buddy?
Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 03:27 PM #111 of 595
Cheers mate that's awesome! It does have quite a lot of pop-ups but that's no biggie, they don't really annoy me as much as they do everyone else I think. I'll have to go and have a butchers for the Season 3 OST now.
Here ya go: FlyUpload / Share Files

FELIPE NO
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 05:22 PM #112 of 595
O. Eko. Yea. I think that was actually Jacob, though. I like how every single tail survivor is dead, except for Bernard. What a WASTE of Season 2. SIGH. Although it was nice to see Ana Lucia go. She deserved it. ugh.
True, but as you said, killing off all the Tailies (except Bernard but he's really irrelevant) completely wastes the season 2. Nothing the characters have done has accomplished anything to further the story... complete bullshit, really. Eko was interesting and badass and mysterious, but in the end all he did was carry his Jesus stick, start building a (now unfinished) church, and die. Boring.

Quote:
There are already six: Sayid, Kate, Jack, Sun, Jin, and Hurley. There's no room for Locke.
I agree it can't be Locke, but are you sure Jin is one? We don't know how he dies yet, it could have been on the island.

I'm really kind of upset at the death of Rousseau myself. Seriously. She has been present since the beginning, and what a horrific way for her to go down with almost no treatment whatsoever. She was one of my favorite characters.
Me too, that pissed me off. It's probably a case of "hay guys I got another TV contract elsewhere, gotta go lol kthx bye" and the writers having to rush out with something to get rid of her. Writing for TV has gotta suck for that...

CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 09:07 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 09:07 PM #113 of 595
I'm of the opinion that Jin's the last. I mean, the term oceanic six refers to people who were on the plane and were then rescued. Aaron wouldn't have been counted on the manifest, huh? He was in Claire's belly~ So maybe he's the +1 in the Oceanic Six + 1 (<-- LOST pop group ) So yeah, 99.9% sure it's Jin.

As for the Date of Death on the gravestone:

Spoiler:
As far as people on the mainland know, those on Oceanic Flight 815 are dead. Whidmore supposedly staged the entire wreckage that was found under the water by goin' and digging up corpses etc. So it's only natural that every character would have their own gravestone, with the date of the crash engraved on it.
There are a number of reason I think that this doesn't make any sense. First, the date on the gravestone:

Spoiler:
You argument does not hold up in this case. It is obvious that the public knows that not all of the passengers on Flight 815 are not dead. Hence the publicity and the term "Oceanic Six." Lets assume you are correct and tombstones had been erected for all of the assumed deceased. If in fact Jin is the sixth person who had left the island, alive, why would the date of death on his tombstone be the date of the crash? If he was known to be one of the sruvivors and had died after being rescued, why would they not change the date on the the gravestone to his actual date of death? (i.e. after the crash) It would only make sense that Sun would ensure that this was done.

Also, why would the writers make Jin the sixth person to leave the island, only to kill him off without him making a post-island appreance? It doesn't make any sense and would serve no purpose. Having him die on the island serves the same purpose. It helps solidify Jin's character in that he would do anything to make sure that Jin and their baby got off the island alive.

Also, in regards to Aaron:

Spoiler:

Where does it say that a member of the "Oceanic Six" had to be some on who was originally on the plane or whose name was on the passenger manifest? He was rescued from the crash just as the other five were, there is no reason to believe that the media would not have included him in the number of survivors when they labeled them as "six".

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 09:23 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 07:23 PM #114 of 595
Spoiler:

But did this get addressed yet?

In the episode where Sun has her kid, J-I-N is running around trying to get one of those big panda things. Even though its for his business, he's still alive in the Flash Forward

There's nowhere I can't reach.
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 09:30 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 09:30 PM #115 of 595
Spoiler:

But did this get addressed yet?

In the episode where Sun has her kid, J-I-N is running around trying to get one of those big panda things. Even though its for his business, he's still alive in the Flash Forward

Spoiler:

His wasn't part of the flash forward. His part was a flashback. At the end of the episode a nurse say something about him having a child of his own soon and Jin says something like "Not yet. I've only been married for a few months" or something very similar to that. So, no, it has not been shown that J-I-N is alive off the island. I suggest you rewatch that episode.

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 09:33 PM #116 of 595
That's just the thing...

Spoiler:
His 'flash' wasn't a flash-forward. Note the shopkeeper tried to sell him a dragon, saying that it was the Year of the Dragon. That would make it 2012 [and so Sun's child would be about 7 or 8 years] or 2000. Jin's part in that episode was a flashback, that's why there was such a stir over that episode.

I still think that Aaron is one of the Six. There's nothing saying that he had to be on the plane.

[edit] Damn, you beat me by three minutes. Heh.

How ya doing, buddy?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 09:39 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 07:39 PM #117 of 595
Just wiki-ed it and I guess yer right...yay for watching lost and doing homework.

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 09:57 PM #118 of 595
Tonight's episode had some interesting moments...

Spoiler:
Like Richard showing up when Locke was just a kid. And the black guy who hired Naomi being Locke's 'orderly' later on...

Seeing Christian inside the cabin instead of Jacob, and then Claire being in there with him, too. Interesting.

It was good to see a Locke-centric episode again, in any case. I'm getting sick of Jack and Kate.

Best line ever: "He wants us to move the island."

Also, judging by the preview for next week...
Spoiler:
We see how the Oceanic Six leave the island, and what happens there... Hm.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Sousuke; May 8, 2008 at 10:00 PM.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 10:18 PM Local time: May 9, 2008, 01:18 PM #119 of 595
Can't belived I missed the whole Jin flashback thing...I guess I should pay more attention. I just jumped to a conclusion that the forwardness applied to him as well as Sun, since the nurses said "Oceanic six" when she arrived at the hospital.

Re: the term "oceanic six".

I'm probably just reading too much into it, really. It's just that the term oceanic directly relates to the aircraft, so it's my assumption that these six people were on the oceanic flight as people (not a fetus). But yeah, considering "lost lol", we'll just have to wait in order to see all of these crazies divulged.

FELIPE NO
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 10:46 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 09:46 PM #120 of 595
Why are we talking about past episodes in spoilers?

Oceanic Six are Jack, Kate, Sun, Hurley, Sayid, Aaron.

It's pretty much confirmed in one of those NBC promos, saying something like "Now the Oceanix Six are revealed.." and it goes to screenshots of them all including Aaron.

here we go:
YouTube - LOST 4x09 "The Shape of Things to Come" Extended Promo Abc

In "Eggtown" during Kate's trial in the flashforwards, Jack stated that there were only 8 survivors from the 815 crash on the island. And that 2 died while on the island, making 6. So the world thinks the rest died. But maybe the Six knows otherwise.

In "Ji Yeon", that was indeed a flashback for Jin. It was during the time he worked for Sun's dad. His tombstone marks the date of crash as his date of death. September 22, 2004.
It's possible that Jin could still be alive, and the reason for Sun crying at his grave is that she misses him.

Tonights ep:
Spoiler:
Glad to see the story finally moving again.
I'm still a little confused about how the time distortion works with the slit-throated doctor. I'll think about it more later.
No surprise that Christian was at Jacob's cabin. Mainly because in an old episode where Hurley saw the cabin, Christian was inside. That and Claire being led away by her dad a few episodes ago.
I'm waiting for the scenes where people will say, "Dude! You're Jack's daddy? And Claire's too? WTF?!"
Lost's reveals are getting pretty obvious to me, like seeing Abaddon (the black guy)
And how come Richard Alpert never ages? What is he?
And lol at the gun jamming up on Keamy trying to shoot Michael. He's invincible!

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 10:50 PM #121 of 595
Tonights ep:
Spoiler:
Lost's reveals are getting pretty obvious to me, like seeing Abaddon (the black guy)
And how come Richard Alpert never ages? What is he?
And lol at the gun jamming up on Keamy trying to shoot Michael. He's invincible!
Spoiler:
Yea, I saw Abaddon coming with Locke. AND Christian. AND Richard. Richard is like whats-his-name-Horace there, I presume. The Island takes many forms.

The idea which I liked for this episode was the end line of "we have to move the island." It's nice to see ideas from the first season coming full circle here. I was ALWAYS curious about the extreme "tides" back at the beginning which washed away the fuselage. Also, the Black Rock.

I want Keamy dead. No joke. Hate him so much. I was impressed with Michael's response to the dudes, too.

And Ben grows more and more on me.

Still needs more bad boy Sawyer though. :BITTER:

Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2008, 08:39 AM Local time: May 9, 2008, 05:39 AM #122 of 595
Quote:
In "Eggtown" during Kate's trial in the flashforwards, Jack stated that there were only 8 survivors from the 815 crash on the island. And that 2 died while on the island, making 6. So the world thinks the rest died. But maybe the Six knows otherwise.
In a podcast there was a question was posed to the producers via email about this, the person implied in the question that maybe the extra two were just made up to help solidify the cover up of what actually happened and or not important, like background characters. The producers basically flat out said that, yes, that was the case. Don't put any stock into Jack's testimony.

Quote:
I was impressed with Michael's response to the dudes, too.
I guess so, but he did put a gun to his own head and pull the trigger, he is clearly suicidal. It'd be out of character for him to deny that he's Ben's man.

Why can't Lost have more scenes anymore like the speechless Ben/Hurley sharing a Dharma Bar scene? That was great.

Most amazing jew boots

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader

Last edited by Dr. Uzuki; May 9, 2008 at 04:50 PM.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2008, 11:27 PM #123 of 595
Just a little something that I noticed from last night's episode...

Locke's mother is named Emily. So was Ben's.

Probably just a coincidence.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2008, 11:58 PM #124 of 595
Just a little something that I noticed from last night's episode...

Locke's mother is named Emily. So was Ben's.

Probably just a coincidence.
I'd say.

Locke was visited by his mother towards the end on his stay on the mainland - maybe 10 years before the crash.

Ben's mother died giving birth to him.

While the Island is responsible for many things, I'm not sure I'd chock this up to anything of substance.

I had to think about it for a second.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 10, 2008, 06:06 AM Local time: May 10, 2008, 11:06 AM #125 of 595
Caught up with the last three episodes. Here's some extra text just to make sure spoilers don't appear in the recent activity box on the index.

Spoiler:
PISSED OFF at Alex's death. ;_; seriously, didn't see it coming.

Also, busy wondering what the new DHARMA logo is. The Orchid?

But seriously. Alex. BAWWWWW.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]