Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kuroshitsuji: Hellsing and Ouran HS Host Club combine!

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 06:27 AM #1 of 6
Kuroshitsuji: Hellsing and Ouran HS Host Club combine!

LOL WHAT THE FUCK I am behind on these. Thread #3, go!

SUMMARY: In a manor house on the outskirts of Victorian London, butler Sebastian Michaelis serves Ciel Phantomhive, the twelve-year-old head of an English noble family. He carries out any task required by his master with ease and perfection, because of his secret demonic lineage and Faustian contract with his master.

The time period is never stated directly, however the events that take place could be from any time between 1888 to 1903 supposedly under the reign of Queen Victoria. There are many historical inaccuracies and references that have no place in the book's story, but the cases that Ceil and his demon butler try to resolve were real problems plaguing England at the turn of the century.

Also known as Black Butler. Summary stolen from Wikipedia.

CAST:

Ciel Phantomhive [VA: Maaya Sakamoto (Rip Van Winkle, Hellsing Ultimate and Chrona, Soul Eater)

The young earl and head of the noble Phantomhive family, his right eyepatch conceals a pentagram that forms the contract he has with his demon butler Sebastian. Outside of running a toy and sweets manufacturing company, he also solves "problems" for the queen. He is very serious in demeanor, especially for a kid.

Sebastian Michaelis [VA: Daisuke Ono (Hosaka, Minami-ke and Kyousuke Kishi, Yozakura Quartet)]
The all knowing, unstoppable butler, he is also Ciel's bodyguard. He is bound to Ciel by a contract, and will stay with him until the day he dies. He's a softy for cats too, who would have thought? Spends most of his time fixing the other staffs mistakes.

Bard [VA: Hiroki Touchi (Lasse Aeon, Gundam 00)]
Meirin [VA: Emiri Katou (Ran Isozaki, Telapathy Girl Ran, and Blair, Soul Eater)]
Finian [VA: Yuuki Kaji (Akina Hiizumi, Yozakura Quartet)]
Tanaka [VA: Shunji Fujimura]

The servants of the Phantomhive household include (from left to right):

Bard: A cook who specializes in using flamethrowers and the likes, he's not very good for a chef.
Meirin: a clumsy maid with a huge crush on Sebastian.
Finian: A gardener who would be better off working as a lumberjack. Constantly destroys the mansion gardens.
Tanaka: The house steward who rarely takes his real form (or does any work), but is as capable as Sebastian when he does so, apparently.

Madam Red [VA: Romi Paku (Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist and Maki Aikawa, Air Master)
Madam Red is an acquaintance of Ciel through his deceased father, and is occasionally around to dote on the none-too-happy 12 year old.

Greil [VA: Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass and Luca Angeloni, Macross Frontier)
Madam Red's butler, who also sucks at his job. He has huge crush for Sebastian much like Meirin, and impressive secret to boot.

IMPRESSIONS: Kuroshitsuji starts off with your typical introduction episode, then slowly kicks into full gear through episodes two and three. It manages to keep a fair balance between humor, plot, and the general darkness surrounding Sebastian/Ciel that draws you in from beginning to end. Episode 5 is really where things get interesting though...

Episodes

Shinsen Subs

01: SD SD (MKV) HD
02: SD SD (MKV) HD
03: SD SD (MKV) HD
04: SD SD (MKV) HD
05: SD SD (MKV) HD
06: HD SD SD (MKV)
07: HD SD (MKV)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Dec 2, 2008 at 05:27 AM.
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 01:43 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2008, 11:43 AM #2 of 6
Yeah... I dropped this show 5 minutes into episode 2. =\

There's a lot of things about this show that doesn't sit well with me. For starters, the comedy was clumsily executed, coming in at moments that doesn't fit well. To call its inclusion to be slightly jarring and obnoxious is a bit of an understatement since it just distracts from the otherwise excellent dark atmosphere. Had they just stuck to the overall dark, foreboding atmosphere, I could see this being really good, but instead, we have a show that aspires to be a slapstick comedy and a horror series, while failing miserably with the former and doing a decent job with the latter.

Most amazing jew boots
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 01:34 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2008, 02:34 PM #3 of 6
I don't know. After watching episode 2, I found that I kind of like it. It tickles my funny bone for some reason......

"One hell of a butler..." bwahahahaha!!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 05:29 AM #4 of 6
Zzero: They drop a fair bit of the comedy past episode 3 in favor of a heavier plot arc or two.

Glad you like it though Hikaru, I should probably update the first post. Shinsen is two episodes behind the show though. ;_;

How ya doing, buddy?

#654: Braixen
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:32 PM Local time: Dec 4, 2008, 01:32 AM #5 of 6
Well, the show sure got a bit serious there in episodes 4 through 6.....
Spoiler:
.....the Jack the Ripper arc was interesting in the beginning but adding the whole "Shinigami" thing kinda brought everything down a bit......I guess I wasn't too shocked, but still a bit disappointed.

The whole thing with Madam Red was handled a bit better...
Spoiler:
....the revelation that she was Jack the Ripper was a bit hard to swallow at first (and maybe still is) but seeing the contents of her life "reel" when she died sure did well to bring about some understanding of her motives. With his Aunt gone, Ciel no longer has any relatives left alive. I'm a little disappointed with her death as I had expected to see more antics with her doting on her adorable nephew....alas, it's not to be. The scene with Ciel at her funeral was done well.

Incidently, Tails, Madam Red is related to Ciel through his mother as they were sisters, not through his father as you mentioned above in your first post. Then again, Wiki isn't known for getting everything right.

I might check out episode 7 when it's out in avi.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Mirei
Divine Maiden

Member 32383

Level 2.50

Dec 2008

Old Dec 9, 2008, 12:32 AM Local time: Dec 8, 2008, 11:32 PM #6 of 6
After episode 3, it got lame. It's not as action pack as I thought it'd be.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I am not".

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Kuroshitsuji: Hellsing and Ouran HS Host Club combine!