Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] SMT: Persona 3 (The RPG to keep talking about, since :awesome:) Now with more PEZ.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2007, 01:03 PM #126 of 556
I didn't get too much time to play last night, but I'm still somewhere decently early in the game...

When you guys joined the athletic clubs, which one did you choose? And which one is the best to roll with?

Personally, I went with swimming. <_<

How ya doing, buddy?
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2007, 01:11 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2007, 12:11 PM #127 of 556
I chose swimming also but only went to one practice. lol

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2007, 01:26 PM #128 of 556
I went with Kendo. So far I haven't made any Chariot (Kendo) or Strength (Yuko, Kendo team's manager) personas so it hasn't been terribly useful, but I like the people. I didn't observe any others the day they were recruiting, so I don't know what the other people are like.

Does anyone know when academic clubs become available? Like someone mentioned earlier, the Home Economics room has a sign that says something to the effect of "I waited, but you never came. Now I'm gone." Surely that doesn't mean it's out permanently already, right?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Clamjouster
Get it together!

Member 53

Level 17.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2007, 01:45 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2007, 02:45 PM #129 of 556
Tritoch, I don't know if I should put this in a spoiler tag, but home economics will be usable later, in a turn of events I guess, what the heck I will use spoiler tags to explain it better.

Spoiler:
when you get your social link with the old couple at the bookstore by the station(crossing the street) you will run into an exchange student that runs home economics, french one at that, it was really close to midterms for me so I didn't get to even enter the place, the same thing for music and other extra curricular activities it's just a matter of time.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2007, 01:51 PM #130 of 556
Ah, okay.

Spoiler:
My link with the old couple must not be high enough yet then. It's up to 2 or 3, but I haven't been to see them in awhile.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2007, 06:16 PM #131 of 556
I've only had a problem with that once, when Junpei stayed sick for 3 days. Otherwise they've recovered pretty quickly for me, so it must be mostly in your luck.

You get the fourth character as soon as exam week is over. The study week before exams was really dull and you typically couldn't go into Tartarus because people are busy.
Pretty much what he said. Trying to get done what you need to before exam week and the week before it since a lot of your party members will be out studying or sick.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2007, 01:56 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2007, 12:56 AM #132 of 556
A game like this should make use of the PS2's soft reset feature, come to think of it most games I bought in the past two years don't even use that anymore, wonder why? I can't be the only one who keeps reloading to try different choices.. >_>

Anyway, regarding the Strength and Chariot social links:
Spoiler:
I'm only interested in Yuko, the team manager. Going to swim practice after school has nothing to do with her right?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2007, 02:25 AM #133 of 556
A game like this should make use of the PS2's soft reset feature, come to think of it most games I bought in the past two years don't even use that anymore, wonder why? I can't be the only one who keeps reloading to try different choices.. >_>

Anyway, regarding the Strength and Chariot social links:
Spoiler:
I'm only interested in Yuko, the team manager. Going to swim practice after school has nothing to do with her right?
Spoiler:
If you want to get close to her, get the chariot s.link to rank 2 or so then you should see her in the school lobby on practice days, talk to her ask her if you can walk home together, if she says yes, take it from there. If she says no, keep trying on other days until she says it or raise your chariot rank.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2007, 02:47 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2007, 01:47 AM #134 of 556
Cool, I'm pass that point so it must be safe to focus only on her from now on.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2007, 09:03 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2007, 09:03 AM 1 #135 of 556
For those of ya'll who want to grind, wait until the day before a full moon. Days before full moons are set so that you NEVER wear out. Infinite stamina, so no getting tired =o

I've heard talk of it, tried it, and I'm pretty sure it works! In a few hours, I have grinded most of my personae until they know all their possible skills. Fusion time~

FELIPE NO
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2007, 09:22 AM #136 of 556
Heh, so it's true? I wondered if it was impossible to become fatigued after I played for a looong time trying to find a Grave Beetle before the first full moon. I'm not much for grinding, but it's nice to know that when trying to beat the Old Document request deadlines.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2007, 09:24 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2007, 09:24 AM #137 of 556
Also, try to do the quests involving the rare creatures. You get weapons with 100 Attack and 99 Hit. The first one (bow) is nice, but the second (2-h weapon) is even handier. I tried it on my main character but the swing to start fights is too slow as a result. I gave it to Iori and he's doing nicely.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2007, 09:47 AM #138 of 556
I'll have to work on the bow one next time I go into Tartarus then. I've tried as I see them, but the Wealth Hands I've killed didn't drop the requested item. Coins are nice and all, but I already have around 80,000 yen at the moment.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know how/what level you need to be to fuse Pale Rider? It seemed odd to get the item to unlock him so earlier since I figured he'd be a higher level persona.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:12 AM #139 of 556
Also, try to do the quests involving the rare creatures. You get weapons with 100 Attack and 99 Hit. The first one (bow) is nice, but the second (2-h weapon) is even handier. I tried it on my main character but the swing to start fights is too slow as a result. I gave it to Iori and he's doing nicely.
That Toy Bow? If that's the case, then whoo! I need to get myself this weapon!

But out of curiosity, I haven't had ANY success hitting those gold enemies. Any advice?

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:55 AM #140 of 556
No success in hitting them to start the battle? Just be sure they're facing in a direction where you can approach completely from behind. It's annoying how they run away before you get a single attack in sometimes, though.

Nexius
Lurk moar

Member 9079

Level 7.95

Jun 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 01:16 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2007, 12:16 AM #141 of 556
If you mean in battle, it -seems- like they randomly have one physical weakness. That's what I've seen with the Treasure and rare hand on the first part, haven't run into Wealth hands yet. As for out of battle, yeah, wait until you get directly behind them, if they even barely see you they'll run away.

Freaking loving this game... Though I started out slow with stats/S. Links, so that's kinda hurting me now =x

How ya doing, buddy?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 01:37 AM #142 of 556
No success in hitting them to start the battle? Just be sure they're facing in a direction where you can approach completely from behind. It's annoying how they run away before you get a single attack in sometimes, though.
My point exactly, which is why I'm asking. <_<

They're always at least a good distance from the wall, when I finally corner it,

*poof!*

It's gone. I kept thinking about hitting it with a bow, but I'm deathly inaccurate with it. <_<

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 01:42 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2007, 12:42 AM #143 of 556
Ugh, I think I'm going to end up failing one of Elizabeth's request because my team can't seem to get it together. The due date (6/8) is approaching and someone's always randomly sick, tired, busy or Mitsuru is MIA. When does the 5th character come in? -_-

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 02:03 AM #144 of 556
All else fails, attempt to do it alone or with whatever meager party you have.

I went up the tower once alone, but that was before I hit the 2nd block.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 02:19 AM #145 of 556
Ugh, I think I'm going to end up failing one of Elizabeth's request because my team can't seem to get it together. The due date (6/8) is approaching and someone's always randomly sick, tired, busy or Mitsuru is MIA. When does the 5th character come in? -_-
Spoiler:
You get the 5th character during that full moon, so you're out of luck for help with whatever request you're on. Don't forget though, you've got unlimited energy the night before the full moon so you could just camp Tartarus until you finish it.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 08:42 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2007, 06:42 AM #146 of 556
Okay, so I finally got it last night and popped it in right now. Coming up with a name is tough.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 09:54 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2007, 09:54 AM #147 of 556
If you're stuck at a deadline, just bring lots of revival items and grind it out the night before the full moon (it'll have a 1 by the moon icon in the upper-right). You NEVER get fatigued.

Mobs have, like, 200° of visual range, whereas gold ones have 300°, I've read. For golds, you have to sit back and watch. I ONLY approach them if I'm following their path precisely. You have to be pretty meticulous and nail them in the back. As a plus, after doing this for a while, you get pretty good about sneaking up on mobs in a timely fashion so you can get a player advantage.

Once in battle, don't waste turns. Order your allies to conserve SP so they will definitely attack. Any magic comes up as "blocked" and does nothing. Their weakness is supposedly random, but I noticed that in the first block, it always seemed to be piercing (bow) that hurt them. Second block I ran in to a couple and it seemed the main character's one-handed sword attacks were their weakness. Maybe just luck of the draw...

Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:28 PM #148 of 556
If you're stuck at a deadline, just bring lots of revival items and grind it out the night before the full moon (it'll have a 1 by the moon icon in the upper-right). You NEVER get fatigued.

Mobs have, like, 200° of visual range, whereas gold ones have 300°, I've read. For golds, you have to sit back and watch. I ONLY approach them if I'm following their path precisely. You have to be pretty meticulous and nail them in the back. As a plus, after doing this for a while, you get pretty good about sneaking up on mobs in a timely fashion so you can get a player advantage.

Once in battle, don't waste turns. Order your allies to conserve SP so they will definitely attack. Any magic comes up as "blocked" and does nothing. Their weakness is supposedly random, but I noticed that in the first block, it always seemed to be piercing (bow) that hurt them. Second block I ran in to a couple and it seemed the main character's one-handed sword attacks were their weakness. Maybe just luck of the draw...
It's luck of the draw, It's always a physical type from what I've read though. What I do is hit rush on the attack button so everyone just does their physical attack.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:38 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2007, 12:38 PM #149 of 556
Oooh. I thought Rush was just auto-fight for the main character. I'll remember that, thanks =o

I was speaking idiomatically.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:46 PM #150 of 556
Oooh, I'll probably be running back to finish that request on the first block. I've finally managed to nab the gold one a couple times.

I finally hit the top of the 2nd block earlier, so now I have 10 days to grind my level up for a while. I'll probably finish up a couple of requests also.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] SMT: Persona 3 (The RPG to keep talking about, since :awesome:) Now with more PEZ.