Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Hacking through a Network?

mckstrer1
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 15374

Level 1.47

Nov 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 01:08 AM #1 of 5
Hacking through a Network?

I go to a school on a campus where they require that we use a login through "Cisco Clean Access Agent" from Sysco Systems. It verify's things like my Antivirus and Window's updates before allowing me to access the internet. However it restricts where I can go to get these updates and I and my friends have trouble completeing these updates because of the restrictions.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to connect to the internet around this restricition from Cisco? (alterior motives not excluded).

How ya doing, buddy?
It's not in my nature to be mysterious but I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.
Radical
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 709

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 01:34 AM #2 of 5
It isn't clear to me how exactly they verify that you have the software they require, but.. Use Linux. Other than that, try using a proxy or HTTP tunnel.

Though if you really are having problems downloading whatever software they require, you could probably just go to the Tech help desk or whatever and tell them that, and they'll probably have a way to hook you up with what you need.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Radical; Nov 14, 2006 at 01:38 AM.
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 02:54 PM #3 of 5
You can try predownloading the updates and files onto a USB flash drive. If you got a mp3 player that doubles as data storage, that could help too. Burn it onto a CD even. Other than that, I really don't know much about backdoor-ing log-in prompts.

I do remembering reading something about editing a system file in the form of a .txt document. You look for the Proxy setting thats relative to your network connections and change the 1 to a 0. But I wouldn't suggest changing anything like that unless you really know what it is.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Anthron
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 15415

Level 1.00

Nov 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:00 PM #4 of 5
I went to Miami University of Ohio, and they had the exact same thing. My solution wasn't exactly specific to Clean Access.

I had a linux server at home. I would set up a ssh tunnel to that home machine. I forget the command, but I believe it's something like :

ssh user@server_address -D 9000

Then you can set up your computer to use the address 127.0.0.1 and port 9000 as a proxy server. From there you can do whatever you want. I used this solution also because they had wireless internet everywhere, but none of it was encrypted. This encrypted all of network traffic (as long as I was careful things were configured to use that proxy).

You can also use an alternate OS, like it was explained below. However, if you don't feel like switching from windows, I believe Cisco Clean Access uses the http headers from your Web Browser to determine your OS.

Hopefully you're using Firefox. Get an extension for Firefox that allows you to modify the headers of your HTTP requests. Modify them to say you're using an alternate OS. It should make Clean Access believe that you are using an alternate OS. I had a Mac, and I didn't even have to download the Clean Access agent to my mac. My PC however, required that. By switching the headers you should be able to fool Clean Access.

Finally, the option I found most convienent for my PC was: 1) Connect my mac by plugging in, 2) Share that connection wirelessly, 3) Connect to that wireless connection with my PC. All the traffic is flowing through the Mac, which doesn't require all of that Clean Access client crap, so my PC could be connected without having to worry about it.

Hope that helps.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:42 PM #5 of 5
Here's an idea! Why don't you go bug people at your school's IT department who hopefully know more about your school's network than we do! Then you'll solve your problem and you won't get arrested.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Let's be friends!
FF3DS: 240602313427

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Hacking through a Network?