Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Phantasy Star Universe

Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:38 PM #101 of 1372
Newman races are generally best for TECHNICs so yes

I was speaking idiomatically.
Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:41 PM #102 of 1372
Universe 17 is usually pretty empty, and seeing as how there's no maintenance tonight (Like I read on the forums there was supposed to be?), we could meet up then, or maybe saturday night or something if work's an issue.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Taco; Oct 26, 2006 at 08:47 PM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:16 PM #103 of 1372
Anyone on PC/PS2 right now?

Also:

Quote:
In order to keep the servers operating at the fullest of their potential, a weekly maintenance period will be performed across all game versions. Maintenance is schedule for the following time:

* TONIGHT: October 26-27, 11pm to 4am PDT (GMT-7)
Yes, I know that makes no sense since PDT is GMT-8, blame Sega. So depending on which is correct, the servers will be going down for 5 hours either in about 3 hrs 45 mins, or in 2 hrs 45 mins.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Oct 26, 2006 at 09:18 PM.
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:36 PM #104 of 1372
Im online right now playing...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:38 PM #105 of 1372
I can try to meet up with you, where you at?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:44 PM #106 of 1372
lol im in a middle of a mission atm... i think im at universe 3... space port rank c mission

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Forsakenzoul
Many Times Reborn

Member 2221

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:28 PM #107 of 1372
PSU let me down on the Resolution options BIG TIME!!! the highest it goes is freaking 1280x1024!!1 WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!!! i have 1920x1200 as my native res and i have to stretch that to fill in the screen!!!! no i dont like playing windowed and i paid for the game so why cant i get a higher res??

Other than that game is sweet ^^ i likes a lot

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:28 PM #108 of 1372
sailor and i got raped by the dragon lol...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:59 PM #109 of 1372
Well you don't HAVE to pick a Newman to be a force, but Newmans are forces from the start. You can pick a Human and change into one using the HQ.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:12 AM #110 of 1372
Originally Posted by Para
sailor and i got raped by the dragon lol...
Yeah, that was bad. What sucks is I was actually doing good damage w/1st person shooter mode since I'm ranger (I was getting all headshots nonstop), but I had no healing items It would've been sad, but if I had had some monomates I probably could have pulled it off, it would've just taken a while. I think I finally have 2000 meseta so I can buy a good weapon, I was doing shit damage with my guns in that level.

Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:15 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 11:15 PM #111 of 1372
Originally Posted by Manny Biggz
Well you don't HAVE to pick a Newman to be a force, but Newmans are forces from the start. You can pick a Human and change into one using the HQ.
Yeah, I noticed that when I was reading over a little guide on Forces @ PSO-World.

I was also looking over at the system in general and it sounds kind of confusing with binding techs to all these things =(

So whenever I get started up try not to hate me too much if I have no clue what I'm doing at all

If all else fails I'll just hide and run in for throwing random heals.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Lacerta; Oct 27, 2006 at 12:19 AM.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:59 AM #112 of 1372
Well it's simple really. There's rod and staff. Rod can hold 2 techs, and staff can hold 4. Just gotta bind whatever techs you want to them. You can buy more than one of the same rod/staff if you wanna hold more arts. You can just switch em on the fly.

JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 01:13 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 11:13 PM #113 of 1372
Originally Posted by Forsakenzoul
PSU let me down on the Resolution options BIG TIME!!! the highest it goes is freaking 1280x1024!!1 WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!!! i have 1920x1200 as my native res and i have to stretch that to fill in the screen!!!! no i dont like playing windowed and i paid for the game so why cant i get a higher res??

Other than that game is sweet ^^ i likes a lot

Any widescreen options or resolutions that you could find?

Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 01:14 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 10:14 PM #114 of 1372
Had one hell of an awesome time with some old PSO/FFXI friends tonight We were mainly playing in 18, but other folks we know were on 13...

Got raped by Da Ragan, but we beat up some RELICs and Neudaiz missions which was a blast. Up to around level 11 or so, though our force is 14 Punk.

I'm a beast... but I'm kinda considering switching to Ranger. I dunno. There's way too many Hunters around, at least in my group of friends.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 01:19 AM #115 of 1372
I had my first real mission today in Parum, joining a six man group in an area with lvl 16 enemies and a boss. It was pretty intense, but definetely fun. I was quite underleveled, but still contributed nicely, and leveled up twice (lvl 7 now).

Some new comments and questions.

1. The game suffered serious slowdown when the area crowded with enemies and six party members. Any chance an update could fix this later on?

2. I also dislike the lag in having characters appear (they start of as greyish dolls that later materialize after 10 seconds or so). Can an update fix this too?

3. Is there a way to keep Party Chat on after each text entry? I would switch it to party chat, say something, but then it's back to Public Chat after.

4. When making chat macros, can you save the cut-in feature for each macro (ie. always have an angry expression when bringing up a saved sentence)?

5. When joining a mission already in progress, is there a way to find out how far ahead the group is before joining the mission? I hate having to catch up, then have the mission end before I even get to attack anything.

6. When synthesizing materials, does the PM's stats/rank increase with each successful synthesis?

7. Do synthesis boards dissapear after being used once, or can they be used repeatedly?

8. What's a good way to make money (one person told me to get high ranks in the missions)?

9. What is the purpose of mission poitns?

10. How do you upgrade weapons? Do you go the upgrade shop or can you upgrade yourself via synthesis?

11. How do you open the shortcut for items (healing items, etc)?

12. I purchased a technic, and then "learned" it. Is that all I need to do, or do I have to equip it to something?

That's it for now. Sorry for all the questions, but the manual isn't very concise and I don't know the best community for this game yet.

I hope we can arrange a get-together soon. I'm enjoying the game now, but I know it would be a lot more fun to go dungeon-hunting with regulars.

Most amazing jew boots
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 01:35 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 11:35 PM #116 of 1372
You guys up for a meeting tomorrow night? I've only been in a few good parties. Most of the other people I played with don't talk or listen to anything you say and suck at teamwork. I get really annoyed when we can't get an S-rank because some moron runs into a group of hard enemies by himself without waiting for everyone else.

How about a meeting at the juice stand on parum October 27th at 10PM EST? There we can exchange cards and form a group or two. It'll be great fun!

And SOLDIER, I'll try to answer some of the questions I know.

Quote:
1. The game suffered serious slowdown when the area crowded with enemies and six party members. Any chance an update could fix this later on?
This is just the PS2 version. I experience no lag when playing on my PC. I don't think there's any real way to fix it unless you played the game on a PC. If your PC is good enough you could download it and play with lag free battles.

Quote:
2. I also dislike the lag in having characters appear (they start of as greyish dolls that later materialize after 10 seconds or so). Can an update fix this too?
This is pretty normal for this game. I did notice them loading faster on the PC version though.

Quote:
3. Is there a way to keep Party Chat on after each text entry? I would switch it to party chat, say something, but then it's back to Public Chat after.
Not sure about this one. Normally I hit R2 twice to switch to party chat. I don't recall it going back to normal chat for me. I'll have to read the manual to see if there are other methods.

Quote:
4. When making chat macros, can you save the cut-in feature for each macro (ie. always have an angry expression when bringing up a saved sentence)?
I believe so. I'll have to give it a try though.

Quote:
5. When joining a mission already in progress, is there a way to find out how far ahead the group is before joining the mission? I hate having to catch up, then have the mission end before I even get to attack anything.
I usually guess by how long the mission has been played. If it's 5 minutes into the mission it's fairly easy to catch up. Ifr the party is 30 minutes into it I assume they're close to the end or done. Sometimes I still join anyway just in case they plan on doing another run.

Quote:
6. When synthesizing materials, does the PM's stats/rank increase with each successful synthesis?
I think when you level it up through feeding it the partner machine gets better at synthesis, but I could be wrong. I haven't messed with the system much yet.

Quote:
8. What's a good way to make money (one person told me to get high ranks in the missions)?
By getting S-ranks. With a good party, you can do multiple S-rank runs over and over again and enjoy a nice flow of cash. If the other planets were unlocked we can do some even better meseta rewarded missions.

Quote:
9. What is the purpose of mission poitns?
I think those are what boost your battle type exp.

Quote:
10. How do you upgrade weapons? Do you go the upgrade shop or can you upgrade yourself via synthesis?
You take them to a shop and use grinders.

Quote:
11. How do you open the shortcut for items (healing items, etc)?
You set them just like you do weapons. Then when you go to switch weapons you push left and select the healing item from there. F2 should bring up the item menu.

Quote:
12. I purchased a technic, and then "learned" it. Is that all I need to do, or do I have to equip it to something?
You have to bind it to a weapon through the item menu. Just click on the weapon and the option should be there.

Lacerta

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 01:43 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 12:43 AM #117 of 1372
Hopefully I'll be up and running tomorrow, so I'm game for it.

Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 03:27 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 12:27 AM #118 of 1372
Juice stand in Parum Friday at 10EST. Sounds good to me, although, which universe? I am going to be way under leveled compared to some of you, I'm sure, haven't got much playtime in past my first run at the game upon release, I'm still only at 2.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 03:59 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 01:59 AM #119 of 1372
How about Universe 16?

By the way, anyone try out Story mode yet? I'm up to chapter 5 now. Been using it to buy and try out other weapon types. Ethan is like a super hunter with access to better weapons than your average hunter. You can also gain access to areas and bosses that are currently locked in the online game. All the characters are pretty goofy in this game. Chapter 4 actually gave me quite a few laughs.

The only major problem I have with Story mode is the AI controlled characters. They get stuck very often for NO REASON. And when you go back to grab them they only get stuck again. Come on Sega! 3 Years of development and you couldn't fix this annoying bug?

FELIPE NO
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 04:54 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 01:54 AM #120 of 1372
Just finished Chapter 2 tonight Amusing stuff.

I'll be game for meeting up with you folks, for sure.

Originally Posted by SOLDIER
You can use @ commands to prefix your chat with the desired cut-in chat face/angle depending on what number you use.

@##, where the 1st number is the expression type, and the 2nd number is the camera angle. (4 or 5 total I believe)

I forget exactly which numbers are which expressions, but it goes in order of scrolling through them manually.

For example, if I wanted to say "OH SNAP!" with a surprised face and a diagonal angle, I'd type "@33 OH SNAP!" or put that text as my macro.

BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 05:25 AM #121 of 1372
K, just got the game downloaded and installed. Will pay for a hunter's license tomorrow, so I hope to meet a few of you on. I will go by BIGWORM of course. Question about online: When you die, do you lose your Meseta and your currently equipped weapon? That was a drag in PSO/v2...especially online.

[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 08:20 AM #122 of 1372
Originally Posted by SCHWARZE-5
K, just got the game downloaded and installed. Will pay for a hunter's license tomorrow, so I hope to meet a few of you on. I will go by BIGWORM of course. Question about online: When you die, do you lose your Meseta and your currently equipped weapon? That was a drag in PSO/v2...especially online.
I think it just hurts your mission rank. I died on the dragon last night, and I don't THINK I lost anything.

Forsakenzoul
Many Times Reborn

Member 2221

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 08:35 AM #123 of 1372
Originally Posted by JasonTerminator
Any widescreen options or resolutions that you could find?

Nothing yet :/ But if you uncheck the "Windowed" Option and let it go full screen, the image doesnt look streched out. I think the resolution is not the size of the screen really but the size of the textures.

Ill post back if i finds a way edit/force a new resolution.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 08:51 AM #124 of 1372
I'm on right now (PS2), I just have to do something real quick here and take a quick shower, I'll be back on in like 20 or so minutes if anyone wants to hook up.

Lacerta

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:06 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 10:06 AM #125 of 1372
Ok, I caved in and bought PSU (it was on sale for 29.99 so that's good I guess) and I have my 6 month license already paid for and I get an extra month since it is my first time subscribing to them.

I'll probably get on within the next hour or so, depending on how long it takes to patch.

Name: Lacerta
Race: Newman
Battle Type: Force
Game Version: PC

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Lacerta; Oct 27, 2006 at 12:01 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Phantasy Star Universe