Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Trojans etc. that steal passwords

Hush and Cool
Chocobo

Member 1625

Level 14.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2009, 03:11 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2009, 01:11 PM #1 of 2
Trojans etc. that steal passwords

I recently had a spyware (and possibly virus as well) problem with my computer where my desktop was changed and it said something like “your computer is infected etc.” and a program opened up that asked to buy a spyware removal product. I started up the computer in safe mode and then ran spybot and it removed a bunch of problems. I also ran an online antivirus scan and it removed a few things. When I started up the computer in normal mode everything was absolutely fine except for 2 things.

I have 2 entries that keep on reappearing in my spybot scan every time I restart the computer. They are “Win32.TDSS.rtk” and “Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled”. Before I consider taking steps to permanently remove them, I just want to know if they can steal passwords. If they can’t, then it’s really not worth bothering with them because I can’t see any symptoms. Also, could there be other things on my computer that spybot and antiviruses can’t detect that could be causes problems even though there are no symptoms now, or did the spybot and virus scans removing everything that is problematic?

Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2009, 03:22 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2009, 09:22 PM #2 of 2
So yeah, the doc said I have cancer, don't really see the point of treating it though, cause I see no symptoms.

>Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled

I'm guessing that this is just the fact that one of the viruses you had disabled the security center service. Winkey + R, services.msc, enable windows security center and set it to run automatically.

>“Win32.TDSS.rtk”

First fucking hit on Google:
"Win32.TDSS.rtk is a heuristic detection for a malicious files or trojan that can drop and install additional threat on computer."

Yeah, you totally shouldn't bother removing that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Trojans etc. that steal passwords